Chapter 5

Hazal: why are you silent, Ekim? Why don't you tell everyone the truth? Why do you let someone make these accusations against you?
Ekim: what should I tell, Hazal? Who should I tell?
Hazal: you can tell everyone. At least Kanat! You can tell him what you told me in the hospital.
_Flashback to the day Kanat visited Ekim in the hospital.
Hazal: Kanat! What are doing here?
Kanat: unimportant. I was going now.
Kanat leaves and Hazal sits next to Ekim
Hazal: By the way, I'm Hazal.
She extends her hand to shake hers so that Ekim extends hers as well.
Ekim: I'm Ekim. And they smiled at each other.
Hazal: well, Ekim, I want to ask you something.
Ekim: sure ask?!
Hazal: I saw your test results yesterday and abortion materials were found in your blood!
Ekim looks at her with fear and tension.
Hazal: don't worry! I didn't say something to anyone but I want to know the truth.
Ekim: which truth?
Hazal: why did you take those abortion pills? You know that it can be dangerous sometimes right?
Ekim nodded her head in agreement.
Hazal: why did you take the risk then?
Ekim: be...because I didn't want that baby.
Hazal: why didn't you want it?
Ekim remains silent and lowers her head.
Hazal: it didn't happen by your will, right?
Ekim nodded affirmatively and started crying. Hazal raised her head and asked her.
Hazal: why did you remain silent then? Why didn't you report him?
Ekim: because I got scared. and my father and his family would have forced us to get married to close that matter and keep their common business in place.
Hazal didn't know what to say so she hugged Ekim. So Ekim started crying.
After a few minutes, Ekim separates from Hazal and wipes her tears.
Ekim: Look Hazel, I don't want anyone to know about it. I needed someone to share this burden with so thank you very much but let's keep this a secret between us, please!
Hazal: okay don't worry.
_End flashback
Ekim: I can't do it, Hazal. I can't tell anyone else.
Hazal: why Ekim? If Kanat knew, he won't certainly allow anyone to say a word to you or about you again!
Ekim: No Hazal, I don't need pity from anyone. I can solve my problems alone and I have always done that.
Hazal: what pity, Ekim? How long will women remain silent about the violence and harassment that happens to them because of fear of society's view? Don't you think that we give these degenerates the audacity to increase what they do because we are just silent? And they think that they have the right to touch what is not their right at any time?
They were interrupted by a noise at the door of the room. Ekim was terrified that someone could hear their conversation. Hazal went to see if there is anyone at the door, but she didn't find anyone.
Hazal reassures Ekim and tells her that it would be Seyit-Ali's cat.
Kanat is on the way with his uncle and Ozan to take a short walk with them while they go to work.
Ozan: eh Kanat, when will you be back to work?
Kanat: this is the last week of the three weeks.
Halil: I didn't want to ask you but I didn't understand why you brought Ekim to our house even though you knew that there will be some problems for us and her.
Kanat: Ekim must be kept close to us. We can't open an investigation with her again without evidence. That's why I wanted to keep her in front of our eyes so that we could know if she contacted Tolga or if she knew anything.
Halil nods to him. They arrive at the police station after a short while and Kanat returns home, he finds Ekim in the garden.
Kanat: what happened? Are you trying to escape again?
Ekim grumbled and turned to him.
Ekim: don't you have any job? You're always here.
Kanat: I was punished because of you.
Ekim: because of me? I wonder why?
Kanat: because you were shot in front of the police station. By the way, it was an attempt to kill you not just a coincidence as you think.
Ekim: how?
Kanat: the car was waiting for you to leave the police station to shoot you. The cameras spotted it standing for a long time. Will you still try to protect Tolga even after he tries to kill you?
Ekim: I'M NOT TRYING TO PROTECT ANYONE!! how many times have I told you that?
Ekim leaves him wrestling with his thoughts and enters the house.
The maid tells Ekim that her room is ready. Ekim goes after the maid and she finds the room next to the maids' room.
The maid: zumurut hanim ordered me to prepare this room for you.
Ekim: okay I got it .. Thank you.
Ekim goes to take her things from
Hazal's room, and while she is going down, she meets Kanat on the stairs.
Kanat: to where?
Ekim: my room.
Ekim looks at zumurut hanim behind Kanat and nods to her.
Kanat: wait Ekim, who ordered to make your room downstairs?
Zumurut: I did.
Kanat: didn't I say that Ekim's room would be next to mine, babaannem?
Zumurut: you did. But I thought that would be better and made up my mind and it's over.
Ekim: ok Kanat enough, it doesn't matter to me anyway.
Ekim goes down with her things and put her things in their places. Ekim finishes putting her things, and she hears kanat's cough from behind to get her attention.
Kanat: I'm sorry Ekim. I ordered them to prepare your room upstairs next to mine or Hazal's room but...
Ekim interrupts him as she goes to her bag to take out the last picture to put on the shelf, it's her picture when she was one year old.
Ekim: Kanat, believe me, it doesn't matter, look how well I settled in already.
Kanat smiles at her. Then he goes to the picture that she put on the shelf and smiles more, so his fangs appear, which Ekim always notices and loves to see.
Kanat: Is this you?
Ekim: Haa! Yes, I was a year old.
Kanat: I don't know why this picture looks so familiar. Like I've seen it before.
Ekim: most babies look almost the same at this age, Kanat!
Ekim says as she takes the pic from his hand and put it in its place.
Kanat: maybe. Anyway, let's go to dinner.
Ekim looks at him hesitantly.
Ekim: No, I'm not hungry right now.
Kanat grabs her hand and pulls her behind him. He knows that she is hungry, but she doesn't want to confront his grandmother.
Kanat and Ekim arrive at the dining room, and Ekim sits between Kanat and Hazal. Leyla, Melek, and Zumurut sit opposite her. Cumali heads the table.
Cumali: where's Halil and Aziz?
Melek: Halil told me that he would be a little late at work.
To say Suna coming from her room: Aziz also told me that he will be with his friends.
Cumali: well then let's start eating.
They start eating, the doorbell rings, and sevda is the one who came. Hazal reassures Ekim with her eyes. Sevda sits next to Zumurut.
Leyla tries to end the tension that has occurred since Sevda's arrival.
Leyla: eeeh Ekim, what are you studying?
Ekim swallows.
Ekim: I'm not currently studying. I still haven't applied to University yet.
Sevda: because you were busy with other things, of course.
Melek: that's not right, Sevda. There's also a child on the table.
She finishes her sentence while looking at Seyit-Ali.
Ekim: afiyet olsun, iyi geceler.
Ekim goes to her room and Melek watches her with sadness and pity and remembers what she heard while going up to Hazal's room to console Ekim for what happened in the morning.
After midnight, Ekim hears a knock on her room door. to find kanat preparing some food for her.
Ekim: what's up? Did a vase fall on your head today? What is this goodness?
Kanat: is this your way of thanking? Too bad, Ekim.
Ekim: okay okay don't get upset. Come in.
Kanat enters. Ekim continues
Ekim: sorry I'm just amazed. You are surprising me.
Kanat: how?
Ekim: consolation, apology, and bringing food to the room. I didn't expect such things from you.
Kanat: what kind of man did you think of me exactly?
Ekim: ok never mind! Thanks for everything.
Kanat: you didn't eat well today because of sevda so I thought I'd get you some food.
Ekim: thank you for thinking of me. ( with a cute smile)
Kanat: I'm going then!
Ekim: Ok.
Ekim closes the door and looks at the food with love and thinks about Kanat's behavior toward her.
_Next morning
Melek was preparing some of Kerem's favorite food, her son from her ex-husband, who is returning from Germany for one week.
Ekim: good morning
Melek: good morning darling.
Ekim: that smells very nice. Is it something special?
Melek: yes, Kerem, my son from my ex-husband is coming today from Germany for a week, and it's his birthday too so I wanted to do his favorite food.
Ekim got stuck in something. Melek notices her and calls her.
Ekim: how beautiful. What is he doing in Germany?
Melek: he plays in a football team there. He loved football from his childhood.
Ekim smiles.
Melek: Excuse me but can you flip that for me? I'm going to my room to do something.
Ekim: sure
Melek enters her room and prepares Kerem's gift to give it to him when he comes. And she holds a picture from the table in which there are two babies with her in it. A few tears fall from Melek's eyes.
Melek: Happy birthday Defne. Happy birthday, honey.
Melek remembers that she left Ekim in the kitchen, so she leaves the picture and goes down to Ekim.
Night comes, and everyone gathers, waiting for Kerem's arrival. Kerem arrives at the house. And after greeting the bereaved, they all sit in the living room. He and Ekim chat a lot after knowing that she has spent her life in Germany. Kanat feels annoyed by their talk and laughter.
Hazal: what's going on, Kanat? You look upset? ( with a sly smile)
Kanat: nothing, Hazal! Why would I be upset?!
Hazal: I don't know, you know yourself. (she says with a laugh and leaves him)
Melek brings Kerem's cake and gives him his gift. Everyone wishes him a happy birthday.
Ekim: happy birthday, Kerem! I didn't know it was your birthday so I couldn't get you a gift, sorry.
Kerem: it doesn't matter, thank you, Ekim.
Ekim goes outside unnoticed but Kanat was already watching her. Kanat follows her and finds her gone to the coast and sat on a seat in front of the water strait so he stands behind her.
Kanat: Happy birthday, Ekim!!
Ekim turns to him, surprised and confused.
Ekim: Kanat???!

Don't forget your vote darling 😍❤️❤️❤️❤️