Chapter 15

Kanat: it's negative, Ekim!
Everyone is shocked, cumali sits on his seat again from shock. Ekim shakes her head vigorously in denial.
Ekim: no, you're lying, it's not real.
Kanat: take a look then!
Kanat says while extending his hand with the paper. Ekim pulls it quickly and starts reading it.
Ekim: No, No, that's not real, Kanat. This is your baby I swear there's something wrong with this.
Kanat looks at her disappointed. Melek points to the maid to take Seyet-Ali from the table.
Ekim: Kanat, don't look at me like that. I'm saying that there's something wrong, why don't you believe me for one time at least????
Kanat: what do I believe, Ekim? Despite all the things that prove your guilt and the test paper in your hand, what exactly do I believe? Are your words unsupported by evidence or evidence in front of me?
Ekim: don't talk to me as if I'm accused in your office! The only thing I wanted from you was trust, Kanat, but you chose to believe a paper instead of me. ( she continues crying) please, give yourself another chance to think, and don't damage our baby's life, Kanat!!
Sevda: I stayed silent a lot but you're really rude! How could you still talk after this test? It's despicable to try to attribute someone else's baby to him!
Ekim: I'm not doing any meanness because I'm telling the truth!! And I told you before to stay silent or you know what could I do!
Ekim says then turns to Kanat and holds his as she bigging.
Ekim: Kanat, please don't do that to us. If you want let's go and make the test again in another hospital, I'm sure this hospital isn't good enough, come on, Kanat!
Ekim tries to pull Kanat but he leaves her hand. Ekim looks at her extended and lonely hand and then at him with teary eyes. Everyone was confused between believing Ekim or not, except Melek, the only one who felt her sincerity and pity for her, but she couldn't defend her while all the evidence was against her. Zumurrud holds Ekim's arm hardly that Ekim moaned in pain.
Zumurrud: I think that's enough!! We brought you into our home because we thought this baby belong to Kanat, but now you should go from here and never let us see you again.
Zumurrud tries to pull her to the door but Ekim pulls her arm away from her hand by force.
Ekim: it's enough for me!! I kept hearing insults from you all the time and never spoke up but THAT MUCH IS ENOUGH! You think that I ruined your life, but in fact, you are the ones who destroyed my whole life. I may not have lived the love of family as you live here, but at least no one dared insult me as you did here. It was your grandson who brought me from the beginning to this house by force, I didn't want to come, so instead of scolding me all that time you should have scolded your grandson for bringing a criminal to your honorable house!
Zumurrud couldn't answer. Ekim turns to face Kanat.
Ekim: l will never beg you again for that baby, Kanat! You'll know the truth one day anyway but by then you will never be able to find me again. You'll regret what you did today and live all you live dying from heartbreak and longing for your baby, but you won't even see his nail. Let that be your retribution.
Ekim finished her words and she hit Kanat with her shoulder while she was walking to her room. Ekim starts to pack up her things but she was interrupted by Melek.
Melek: kizim, do you know anywhere to go?
Ekim: I'll handle that myself. I have taken care of myself for 20 years, so it won't be difficult for me, the only difference is that I'll have a baby to take care of, and I'll do it God willing.
Melek: at least let me give you some mon...
Ekim: no, Melek abla, thank you I still have money from the previous time.
Ekim finished picking up her thing under Melek's looks.
Ekim: thank you for everything, hoşçakalın. 
Melek hugs Ekim tightly feeling that her soul is leaving with her. Ekim hugs her too and felt the same thing. Ekim separates their hug and leaves before starting to cry, she's trying to stay strong for herself and her baby after now. She passes into the living room and sees everyone sitting there.
She looks at Kanat with rigid eyes devoid of feelings and continues on her way without saying goodbye to anyone. Ekim leaves the house and then looks at it from the outside. She puts her hand on her abdomen and turns her head. She gets in a taxi and tells him to take her to an address. She rings the doorbell. Melisa opens the door and looks at her and the bag in shock.
Melisa: Ekim!
Ekim: I couldn't find another place to go.
Her tears come down against her will so Melisa hugs her to come her down. Ozan went to the door to see who was at the door, and he saw them.
Ozan: Ekim, what happened?
Ekim and Melisa separate then Melisa points to Ozan to keep silent.
Melisa: it's okay, calm down! Come in, it's cold outside.
Ekim nods and enters with Melisa. Ozan goes to carry Ekim's bag and closes the door.
Ekim and Melisa sat next to each other on the sofa, and Ozan sat on the chair near them.
Melisa: are you okay? Do you feel pain?
Ekim: no, I'm fine.
Melisa: would you like to tell us what happened then?
Ozan: don't say anything if this will hurt you more!
Ekim: the test was negative.
Ozan/Melisa: WHAT?
Ekim looks at them and tells them all what happened. She ends her words while wiping her tears with her hands' back.
Melisa: how would that happen? Is it possible that someone has falsified the result?
Ozan: maybe!
Melisa: but I didn't expect that from Kanat. How didn't he believe her? She was always with him, she wasn't getting out of the house without him or Hazal!
Ekim: because he is just judging me by what he saw at the hotel. He doesn't trust me at all, Ozan. If I were him, I would ask him first and understand him because I'm trusting him even more than I trust myself, but it clarified that he doesn't trust me at all.
Ozan: there's something you should know, Ekim. I think that thing confused him more.
Ekim looks at him questioningly.
Ozan: 2 years ago, Kanat had an accident. That accident made a lot of problems for him, one of them was his disability to have babies only after a long time of treatment.
Ekim and Melisa look at him in shock.
Ekim: why didn't he tell me anything about that?
Ozan: maybe he didn't get the chance.
Ekim: anyway, you said he could have kids after treatment.
Ozan: yes.
Ekim: what then? This means he became fine, Ozan! Then it means that the main problem is still he doesn't trust me.
Ozan: he made a test about 7 months ago and there was nothing changed.
Ekim: but now it changed, Ozan. This baby belongs to Kanat and I won't try to persuade anyone because it won't make difference anymore.
Melisa: what are you thinking to do?
Ekim looks at both of them.
Ekim: I'll go from here, forever. I should have a new beginning with my baby, I should make him away from Kanat, his family, baba, and everything that would harm him. It's the right decision for us.
Ozan and Melisa look at each other.
Melisa: did you decide when to go then? And where?
Ekim: I'll be gone in 2 or 3 days at most, but I didn't decide where to go yet. There's one thing I know, and it's that anywhere will be better than here.
Ekim had decided already where to go, but she didn't want to tell anyone about her destination.
Melisa: then if you want to go to the room at take a rest, just tell me.
Ekim: can I go now?
Melisa: of course, come to show it to you.
Ekim goes to a room. She sits on the bed thinking while putting her hand on her abdomen.
Ekim: I'll protect you from anything and anyone, even if it was your father. We'll have no one but each other, so we'll live, protect, and take care of each other well. I love you more than everything in this world.
Ekim falls asleep while talking with her baby. Melisa wakes her up to have dinner. While they were sitting at the table.
Melisa: I alerted Ozan not to tell Kanat about your presence here or your travel. I know you may be worried about that.
Ekim: you did well. Thank you.
Melisa: won't you tell me where will you go? At least to make sure you will be okay, and we will keep in touch, right?
Ekim decides to tell her where will she go.
Ekim: I'll go to Izmir. I have an old friend there. I'll try to go to her when I arrive there, but don't tell anyone about it, even if it was Ozan.
Melisa extends her hand to hold Ekim's hand.
Melisa: don't worry.
Ekim: can you do me a favor?
Melisa: of course.
Ekim: I need you to buy a ticket for me. if I bought it Kanat will know my destination.
Melisa nodes then Ekim smiles at her.
The day passed and Melisa booked the ticket for Ekim in 2 days. These days Melisa and Ozan were careful not to say anything about Kanat out of consideration for Ekim's condition. Kanat's condition wasn't better than Ekim's. He locked himself in his room and ate little of the food brought to his room. He didn't go to work, which made everyone worried about him.
It's the morning of Ekim's travel. Melisa was bidding farewell to Ekim.
Melisa: isn't it too early?
Ekim: I want to pass somewhere first.
Melisa: okay, take care, and don't forget to call me when you arrive.
Ekim: thank you for everything, Melisa.
Melisa hugs Ekim for a while and then Ekim leaves. She tells the driver to take her to prison. When she arrives, she requests that she wants to meet her father. She waits for him in the meeting room until he comes and sits in front of her.
Tuna: I knew that you won't leave me, Ekim. I said my daughter won't give the videos to the police at all and she won't abandon me.
Ekim kept looking at him, waiting for him to finish what he had.
Tuna: look, Ekim, I have to get out of here soon, so when you come the next time bring...
Ekim: there's no next time, baba!
Tuna: what's that mean?
Ekim: as you heard, this is the first and the last time to come here. I'm going away from here. This is will be better for us. Staying away from you, Adnan, even Kanat and his family, you ruined my life enough, but I won't let you ruin my baby's life too.
Tuna: baby??
Ekim: yes, I'm pregnant from Kanat, but he doesn't believe me because of you and what Adnan did. Because of you, my baby will never have a normal life. He will always suffer from the absence of his father as I suffered from the absence of my mother, but the difference between you and me is that I'll try as much as possible not to make him feel this lack, not making him feel the absence of his father more as he gets older, as you did with me.
Tuna: kizim...
Ekim: don't say something I just came to see you here and tell you that I'm going and I won't come again, either for your death or for mine. Hoşçakalın.
Ekim ends her words and leaves without giving him a chance to answer. She heads to the bus station. And waits for her bus.
_At Kanat's house
Melek who was sitting thinking about Ekim and worrying about her remembered that Ekim told her to find the drawer key. She goes to the maids and asks them about the copies. The maid searches for a while and finds some keys.
The maid: it's one of those, Melek hanim, but I don't know which of them exactly.
Melek: okay, kizim, you go to your work I'll handle it.
The maid goes and Ekim heads to Ekim's room. She tries the first key but it doesn't work, the second, the third, until she reached the sixth key and the drawer is opened. She extends her hand to catch the photo and she feels shocked after finding that it's the picture of her daughter, Defne. Melek. She falls onto the bed and starts crying while remembering her situations with Ekim without knowing that she was her daughter. She cries even more when she remembers what happened to her daughter. Melek gets out of the room calling Halil very loud that all in the house gather in the living to see what happened including Kanat.
Halil: what happened, Melek? Why are you crying?
Melek: Ha...Halil, I found Defne, Defne was here. She is Ekim.
Halil and Kanat look at each other.
Melek: Halil, look for Ekim, bring me Ekim again, please. Come on, Kanat.
Halil: how did you know that, Melek?
Melek: I found a picture... Wait a minute! Why do you look so calm? Did you know that before?
kanat: we were going to tell you, but when those things happened, we couldn't tell you.
Melek: that means you left my daughter leaves that easy despite knowing that she is Defne? ( loud voice)
Zumurrud: your daughter harmed us a lot, doesn't this make a difference to you? She is pregnant by an unknown person and she tried to attribute the baby to Kanat without feeling shame!
X: what's happening here?
Melek: Kerem!
Kerem: did you just say that my sister was here?
Zumurrud: when did you come, son?
Melek: Kerem, yes your sister was here but she left, if I knew that it was Defne I wouldn't leave her to leave me again but I knew very late, Kerem. ( she crying and Kerem hugs her with teary and angry eyes and looks at Halil, Kanat, and Zumurrud)
The doorbell rings and the maid opens the door and heads to the living room.
The maid: Kanat bay, someone needs you and says it's very important!
Kanat: let him in!
A woman enters and Hazal saw her.
Hazal: Eylul?
Eylul: selam! Actually, I came for the test you made a few days ago so I should come to tell you myself.
Everyone looks at Sevda carefully waiting for what she will say.
Eylul: for sorry, an error occurred on the day of the test, and someone accidentally switched the result of some people so...
Kanat: so??
Eylul: this is the true result.
She extends her hand with an envelope in her hand. Kanat takes it with shaking hands. He opens it and drops of tears fall from his eye.
Hazal: what, Kanat?
Kanat: it...it's positive!!

Don't forget to vote and comment❤️❤️❤️