Chapter 8

Policeman: check all the details carefully. Put these things in the box and take them to the office.
Halil and Ozan look at the dead body being carried to the ambulance. Kanat bows to Ekim, who is sitting in the car silently, absentmindedly.
Kanat: it's okay Ekim. You'll forget that okay?
Ekim doesn't respond so Kanat takes her out of the police car and sits her in their car to take her home. Ekim looks while walking at the blood on the ground, so Kanat turns her head towards him. Ozan drives the car, Halil sits next to him, Kanat and Ekim sit in the back and Kanat puts Ekim's head on his chest all the way. Halil's phone rings.
Halil: yes, Melek
Melek: where are you, Halil? It's lunchtime and you aren't here. Ekim is also not here is she with Kanat?
Halil: Ekim with us, Melek. We're coming home how.
Melek: why is she with you? Does something happen again? Are you okay?
Halil: Tolga committed suicide, and in front of Ekim for sorry. ( in a low voice)
Melek: OMG! Is Ekim fine?
Halil: fine fine, we're on the way now. We'll talk when we get home.
Melek: ok, Halil.
Melek tells the house what happened and they wait for their return.
Zumurut: I told you all that since this girl came into our lives and entered that house, it was clear that there would be no reassurance for us.
Melek: please mother, don't say such things in front of her when she comes, what she's been through so far is enough for her.
Zumurut: what she has lived through was the guilt of others whose she built her happiness on their lives. ( zumurut says, pointing to Sevda)
Melek doesn't reply, she's tired of her mother-in-law's way. The doorbell rings, announcing their arrival. The maid opens for them, and they go to the living room, where there's Melek, Sevda, and Zumurut. Everyone sits down including Ekim who seems to be in a state of unconsciousness. Melek sits next to her and holds her hand in an attempt to support her.
Sevda: what happened? How did this happen? Couldn't you stop him to get his punishment?
Halil: what a punishment, Sevda! The boy died at that age, isn't it a punishment anyway?
Melek looks at Halil, warning him for Ekim.
Sevda: my sister also died at that age, wasn't that sorry for too? But the real culprits are very lucky, one of them died and didn't get his punishment, and the other is sitting here and receiving everyone's sympathy as if she was a victim.
Kanat: Enough, Sevda. You're exaggerating and crossing your limits. No one will open that topic in this house again. And know, Sevda, that there's no more revenge for you to take because the main culprit is now dead.
Ekim couldn't hear this conversation any longer and quietly got up to go to her room. Kanat turns to see Ekim but he can't find her. Melek and Kanat go to her room to look for her. They find her sleeping in the bed in a fetal position without crying or any reaction, just staring in front of her aimlessly, seeing Ekim in this state broke his heart into pieces. Kanat goes to her and gently strokes her hair.
Kanat: Ekim, beautiful, are you okay?
As expected, Ekim doesn't reply or even look at him.
Kanat: don't scare me, Ekim! Say something cry, scream, but don't be silent like that!?
Melek: ok, Kanat enough, don't force her. let me stay with her for a while so she can sleep and let's hope she'll be better when she wakes up.
Melek goes next to Ekim and helps her take off her jacket so that she sleeps more comfortably, Melek notices a familiar birthmark on Ekim's hand and strays a bit, but she quickly returns to her senses and stays next to Ekim, stroking her hair.
The night comes and Ekim was still sleeping. Kanat had gone to the police station but his mind remained with Ekim so he returned home. When he returned everyone was having dinner except Melek because she is still in Ekim's room. Kanat didn't want to have dinner so he went straight to Ekim's room.
Melek: come in, Kanat
Kanat: did she eat anything?
Melek: no, she hasn't woken up since she fell asleep.
Kanat: well, you go to eat and I'll stay by her side
Melek understands that he wants to be alone with her, so she nods to him and leaves. Kanat sits next to Ekim and kisses her forehead. Kanat looks at her face, which although it looks pale, is still beautiful. while thinking of bringing a therapist to Ekim because he is afraid that this accident will leave her trauma, he is interrupted by Ekim's hallucinations.
Ekim: don't...don't do that.
Ekim wakes up screaming and Kanat tries to calm her down. People in the house come to the room because of Ekim's screaming. Hazal goes to get a sedative.
Ekim: because of me...because of me, he died. I couldn't stop him from shooting himself. it was my fault.
Kanat was trying to control Ekim by embracing her until Hazal came and injected Ekim. Ekim stayed in Kanat's arms for a while until she calmed down completely then Kanat put her gently on the bed and covered her. Kanat spends the whole night next to her, holding her hand to calm her down if she wakes up. Hazal enters the room at that time.
Hazal: I brought you something to eat.
Kanat: thanks for your thought, but I don't have an appetite. When will she wake up?
Hazal: she won't wake up until tomorrow, so you can go to your room if you want.
Kanat: will she stay like this? I mean, will such a seizure happen again when she wakes up?
Hazal: I don't know but I think a therapist should see her. What she lived in the recent period is not easy.
Kanat: I was thinking about this too. Well, then I'll leave that topic to you.
Hazal goes, and Kanat stays beside Ekim. He didn't sleep until early morning. Then he woke up to his phone ringing.
Kanat: yes, Ozan
Ozan: we located where Tolga was staying from his phone so you should come with us there.
Kanat: okay, I'm coming now.
Kanat kisses Ekim's forehead and gets up. He was going to tell Melek, but he found her already coming. Kanat tells her to stay by Ekim's side and go.
Kanat goes to the police station, and from there he, Ozan, and Halil go to Tolga's place. They didn't find anything but some flash drives and a laptop To take them and go to the police station. Kanat puts them in his office to see them later and goes home to see Ekim. When Kanat arrives home, he goes directly to Ekim's room. He finds her woken up and Melek helps her to drink soup. Kanat smiles at her.
Kanat: you are awake.
Ekim nods at him. Melek gets out of the room to take the dishes to the kitchen so Kanat sits next to her.
Kanat: how do you feel? Do you feel better?
Ekim: fine
They remain silent and it was interrupted by Seyit-Ali entering with Melek, to climb into the bed next to Ekim as they were close friends. Ekim laughs at Seyit-Ali and kisses his head.
Seyit-Ali managed to make Ekim laugh and get her out of her condition.
Kanat: I wonder if we can take Seyit-Ali for a walk, What do you say, Ekim?
Seyit-Ali: yes, come on Ekim abla, please?
Ekim thinks for a bit
Ekim: okay but I want to go somewhere first.
Ekim and Seyit-Ali get ready and go out to Kanat, who was waiting for them in the car. Kanat drives the car and they go to the cemetery first, Ekim wanted to visit Tolga's grave. Ekim and Kanat get out of the car and leave Seyit-Ali. They reach Tolga's grave.
Kanat: Ekim, you don't have to do that, you know right?
Ekim: maybe I can forgive myself if I apologize to him.
Kanat: Ekim this wasn't your fault ok? He ended his own life.
Ekim: but because of me. I brought him there and I couldn't stop him.
While they were talking, they noticed a person sitting on the ground behind the grave.
Ekim: K...Kenan uncle!?
Kenan: how are you, Ekim?
Ekim: I'm sorry.
Kanat: condolences to you. May he rest in peace.
Kenan: did you drag my son to the trap, Ekim?
Kanat: your son was guilty. He ended his own life instead of going to prison.
Kenan: pray that God won't show you the pain of losing a son. Now go I want to stay with my son alone.
Kanat takes Ekim and goes to the car.
Seyit-Ali: can we go to the park?
Kanat: as you wish, little boy!
They went to the park and Seyit-Ali started playing with the children. Ekim and Kanat sat on the ground. Kanat put his head on Ekim's lap, and Ekim stocked his hair. They had a happy day after a long time.
_In the evening
Kanat drove Ekim and Seyit-Ali home and went to the police station to complete his remaining work. He enters his office and takes out the laptop and flash drives. He finds that all the flash drives are labeled with girls' names, except one that has no name on it. He put this one on his laptop and turns it on to find a video. He plays the video to be shocked and his eyes turn red with anger. He closes the laptop angrily and drives his car home. When Kanat arrives home, he found that everyone was already in his room. He went to Ekim's room and knocked on the door.
Ekim tensed because of his look.
Ekim: welcome, Kanat! Did something happen?
Kanat: why didn't you tell me, Ekim?

Don't forget to tell me your opinions and guesses.😘❤️❤️❤️