Chapter 9

Kanat: why didn't you tell me, Ekim?
Ekim: t...tell you what?
Ekim got scared because she thought Kanat knew about the CDs she has.
Kanat: what tolga did. Why didn't you tell me that he forced you, Ekim?
Ekim: because there's nothing like that.
Kanat: don't deny Ekim. I saw the video.
Ekim who was in shock: what video? What are you talking about?
Kanat: there was a camera in Tolga's room. We found flash drives with girls' names written on them. There was only one without a name, so I turned it on and...and it was you.
Ekim staggers from the shock and Kanat catches her before she falls and makes her sit on the bed and sits next to her.
Kanat: tell me how did that happen, Ekim? You said that there was no relationship between you there was nothing between you, so what were you doing in his house then? Why did you go there?
Ekim looks at him with full red eyes, then looks in front of her again to start talking, as she doesn't dare to look at him after what she is going to say.
Ekim: I wasn't lying when I told you in the interrogation that there was a family in his house. I only lied about the party date. That night he called me and told me that my dad want me to go there because they were having a family party and I had to be there with him. I wasn't going but he called me again and told me that my father threatened to prevent me from returning to Germany again if I didn't come, so I had to go. I wanted to go back to my life in Germany so much, so I was afraid that he would carry out his threat. When I went there, there was only my father, his father, and his older brother. After we had dinner, our parents and his brother said they had work to finish, so I was going too, but he told me that some of his friends were coming and we would have fun together, so I agreed because I needed to have some fun too. After all, I didn't have friends here so I was bored and I didn't expect that another thing could happen. He gave me something to drink until his friends arrived. I don't remember anything after that other than helping me up to his room. I wasn't conscious, the next day I didn't remember anything other than my pleas for him not to do that before I passed out completely. That's all.
Kanat: why didn't you go to report him then?
Ekim: do you think the police would have done anything? Despite everything you know about him and his family, have you been able to catch even one piece of evidence against them so that you can put them in prison?
Kanat gets silent for a bit.
Kanat: your father?
Ekim: he wasn't going to do anything. He was just going to try to get us married if things got worse. Especially if it will benefit his business, he will do what he can.
Kanat: so were you at his house the night we were trying to arrest him for that?
Ekim nods affirmatively
Ekim: I found out the night before that I was pregnant. ( Kanat clenches his jaws angrily) I didn't find anyone to ask for his help so I went to him that night to help me, but he was already trying to escape. Then You know what happened next.
Ekim ends her speech and her gaze remains on the ground. Kanat lifts her face to him with his hand and wipes her tears with his thumb. He surrounds her face with his palms.
Kanat: don't be ashamed, Ekim! You didn't do anything to be ashamed, okay? It's not your fault at all.
Ekim: really? Don't you think I was wrong for going to his house from the beginning?
Kanat: no, I don't think that, how would you know that he could plan such a thing in the presence of your dad and his family? Don't blame yourself anymore, Ekim, okay?
Ekim nodded and hugged him
Ekim: I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you come into my life.
Kanat smiles while hugging her tightly and staying with her that night.
Next morning
Kanat wakes up first and looks at Ekim sleeping on his chest, then at the clock, he finds that it's breakfast time. Kanat gently wakes Ekim up by placing a kiss on her forehead.
Kanat: wake up, Ekim. It's breakfast time.
Ekim opens her eyes and looks at him sleepily and falls asleep again.
Kanat: come on, lazy girl!
Ekim: okaaay!
Ekim wakes up and sits on the bed looking at him. He looks at her and gets off the bed.
Kanat: I'll go to my room to change my clothes. I'll wait for you in the dining room.
Ekim: ok!
Ekim also gets up to change her clothes and go to breakfast.
Ekim: good morning.
Everyone( except Sevda and Zumurut): good morning
After breakfast, everyone goes to their work.
_At the police office
Kanat enters his office and Ozan enters after him.
Ozan: Kanat, I want the flash drives and laptops we found at Tolga's house for the men to check.
Kanat: okay
Kanat puts Ekim's video in his desk drawer without Ozan noticing and gives him the rest of the videos. He didn't want anyone to see it and he also didn't want Ekim to be taken to interrogate her again because of it so that she wouldn't feel ashamed.
Kanat calls Ozan again.
Ozan: you wanted me!
Kanat: I've been thinking about taking a break from work and going on a little vacation together. What do you think?
Ozan: great Idea. Let me tell Melissa then.
Kanat: well, tell her to go to our house, and we'll go after we're done here.
Ozan tells Melissa then he and Kanat finish the necessary procedures and they go home.
_In another place
Kenan: our partnership is now over, Tuna?
Tuna: what are you saying, Kenan? What do you mean by this?
Kenan: l won't be a partner with the one whose daughter killed my son.
Tuna: what did Ekim do?
Kenan: she lured Tolga into a trap with the police.
Tuna: I don't know anything about that, Kenan.
Kenan: so you don't also know that she's in a relationship with the officer in charge of our case.
Tuna: of course not.
Kenan: you have to take back control of your daughter anymore. Don't forget that she has the damn videos that were in your house. Giving them to this officer is just a matter of time.
Tuna: well, I'll take care of that.
At Kanat's house
The maid opens the door for Kanat and Ozan. They enter the living room where Ozan told Melisa to gather the family there.
Hazal: why did you gather us here?
Kanat: we thought we should all go on a little vacation as we've been through a lot of bad events lately.
Melisa: it's a nice idea.
Sevda: you mean it's a family vacation then, I mean no one but the family will come. ( says looking at Ekim)
Hazal: we were going to take you Sevda, why don't you want to come? ( says sarcastically)
Sevda looks at her angrily and keeps silent.
Aziz: where will we go then?
Kanat: I thought of going to Halfeti.
Leyla: it's a beautiful and quiet city.
Kanat: well then, get ready to go tomorrow morning.
Melek: my opinion is that you go alone as young men and enjoy your time. The presence of the elderly with you won't make you feel comfortable.
Cumali: Melek is right. You go and enjoy your time.
Hazal: so, in my opinion, Kanat, you and Ekim go before us. If you go out on the road now, you will arrive at night, to prepare the house there and buy food until we arrive tomorrow. What do you think?
Kanat: it's okay for me. How about you, Ekim?
Ekim: me too, but I haven't packed my bags yet.
Hazal: I'll bring it with me tomorrow and there are some clothes for us anyway, you can use them until we come.
Kanat: well, let's go out so we won't be late.
Kanat and Ekim go out to the road. Kanat holds Ekim's hand and smiles. She smiles too.
Ekim: where did you get this idea then?
Kanat: I wanted to have fun a little bit and also to be a little alone.
Ekim smiles and Kanat continues to drive. When they reach the house there, it's already night. Kanat gets out of the car and gently wakes Ekim up. Kanat opens the house's door and lets Ekim enter first. When Ekim enters, she finds food on the table and candles, and the lighting of the house is beautiful. Kanat hugs her from behind and puts his head on her shoulder.
Kanat: did you like it?
Ekim: very much!
Ekim turns to him and continues
Ekim: when were you able to do all that? Is Hazal also involved?
Kanat: (laughs out loud) yes, she is.
Ekim: you both are like a gang.
Kanat plays soft music and extends his hand to Ekim to dance. Ekim smiles and puts her hand in his. They start swaying to the music and keep getting close to each other until their breaths mix. Kanat titles his head towards Ekim and kisses her softly. Ekim immediately kisses him back. They separate to catch their breath and Kanat kisses her again passionately. Kanat carries Ekim into the bride's position and takes her to his room. Kanat gently puts her on the bed and looks into her eyes, waiting for her approval. Ekim slowly nodded in agreement. Kanat tilted his head towards her again and extended his arm to turn off the light.
_The next morning
Kanat opens his eyes and doesn't find Ekim next to him, but he smells a good smell from the kitchen. He goes to the bathroom and gets dressed and goes to her. When she sees him, her eyes avoid looking at him.
Ekim: good morning
Kanat: good morning
He waits for her to look at him, but she doesn't.
Ekim: breakfast will be ready in 5 min. You can wait at the table
Kanat goes and Ekim comes to put the dishes on the table, then she turns to go to the kitchen again but Kanat catches her hand and pulls her to him.
Kanat: why are you avoiding me?
Ekim: I'm...I'm not.
Kanat: you do. Are you shy?
Ekim: I ... Yes ... No
Kanat: (laughs out loud and raises her face to him) don't be shy from me, Ekim. (whispers in her ear)
As he was about to kiss her, they hear the sound of the cars outside.
Ekim: they arrived, Kanat.
Kanat: I know.
They open the door to welcome them, and Ekim carries some bags with Hazal, and they go up to the room.
Hazal: what's up, Ekim? You're glowing. Did you have a good time yesterday? ( says with a sly smile)
Ekim: shut up, Hazal. Someone will hear you.
Hazal:( laughs a lot ) okay, don't be afraid.
Everyone gathers downstairs and decides to go swimming. Ekim sits on the bench because she can't swim, but no one knows that. Sevda takes advantage of everyone's preoccupation and goes to Ekim and asks her to come with her to do something because the girls are in the pool and she can't ask the men. Ekim goes with her and when she reaches the deep side of the pool she pushes Ekim into the water. No one noticed what Sevda did. Ekim is still floundering in the water. Kanat looks at where Ekim is sitting but he didn't find her, so he looks around to see Sevda looking at the water and sees a drowning person. Ekim had already stopped floundering when Kanat plunged into the water. Kanat gets her out of the water and everyone goes to them. Kanat finds Ekim not breathing and tries to perform CPR on her. Ekim coughs out the water she swallowed and gasps for breath while looking at Sevda.
Kanat: are you okay, Ekim?
Ekim nods and then Kanat hugs her to his chest with a sigh of relief. He carries her into the room, and Hazal helps her put on dry clothes, leaving her to rest for a While. The vacation goes between enjoying and Sevda's actions to harm Ekim and keep her away from Kanat. Ekim used to sneak out of Hazal's room at night and go to Kanat to spend the night with him. They were getting ready to return home. Sevda got into the car with Ekim and Kanat, so Hazal also sat with them.
_At Kanat's house
The doorbell rings and Melek thinks they have come so she goes to open the door but she is shocked by who she sees at door.
Melek: A...Alpay?
They both hear Ekim's voice from behind.
Ekim: dad??!

Don't forget to vote or comment😘❤️❤️❤️❤️