Chapter 17

Ekim: Kanat???
Kanat looks at her and then looks at the sonar screen while hearing his baby's heartbeat. His eyes filled with tears and his heartbeats increased. He looks at Ekim who was looking at him in shock and with teary eyes. Their stare at each other was interrupted by the nurse.
Nurse: you aren't allowed to be here, sir! I'm sorry, doctor, but I couldn't stop him.
The doctor noticed that Ekim know him already.
Doctor: it's okay, close the door, please! Come in, Kanat bey!
Kanat enters and the nurse closes the door. Ekim still looking at him with teary eyes. Kanat goes and stands next to her.
Kanat: Ekim!
Ekim was about to say something but the doctor interrupted her.
Doctor: you're the father, right? ( with a smile)
Kanat while looking at Ekim
Kanat: yes!
Ekim who looked in front of her not knowing what Kanat is going to say turned her head to him again in astonishment.
Doctor: finally we saw you, Kanat! Ekim always said that you're busy with your work so you couldn't come! But you didn't leave her to come to Istanbul alone, that's a beautiful thing.
Kanat didn't know what to say, despite what he did to her, Ekim didn't tarnish his image in front of anyone, and that made Kanat curse himself even more.
Ekim: can we end this, now?
Doctor: sure!
The doctor turned off the sonar and gave Ekim some tissues to clean her abdomen, then gets up to go to her chair. Ekim was cleaning herself under Kanat's gaze. While getting off the bed Kanat tries to help her by holding her arm but she pulled it from his hand quickly and looked at him with a cautionary look. She goes to one of the chairs in front of the doctor and Kanat sits on the other one.
Kanat: yes, Doctor hanim, how is the baby?
Doctor: he's fine, she takes her medications regularly and that's of course important. Your care for her and giving her the necessary food and vitamins made a difference in the health of the fetus.
Kanat looks at Ekim questioningly and looked at the doctor again.
Doctor: the coming period is very important. You should rest as much as possible, Ekim. We will alter the medications now, and the new medications to stabilize and protect the baby. Of course, you know that you should stay away from any stress and shocks. You too, Kanat, should take care of her well and try to neglect your work a little, we have been very tired until we reached that case since she came to me for the first time. we don't want setbacks again.
Ekim and Kanat look at each other at the same moment so Ekim immediately turns her eyes. The doctor wrote the medications and gave them to Kanat. They get up and got out of the hospital. Ekim was walking and Kanat was behind her trying to catch her.
Kanat: wait, Ekim!!
Ekim stopped and turned to him.
Ekim: give me the prescription!
Kanat: Ekim, listen to me, please!
Ekim: I don't want to see or hear you so give the prescription and let me go.
Kanat: where will you, Ekim? You won't go anywhere! I spent 5 months searching for you. I can't lose you again.
Ekim: why you were searching for me? Did you find something else to accuse me of?
Kanat: Ekim, I knew everything. It was too late, I know, but we need another chance, Ekim! At least for our baby.
Ekim: this isn't yours, Kanat! It's mine, only mine. You didn't believe me from the beginning so you don't have any right to call him your baby.
Ekim finishes her words and pulls the prescription from his hand then turns to leave him.
Kanat: will you take my baby away from his father, Ekim?
Ekim turns to him again.
Ekim: I told you he's not yours, Kanat! And remember that I told you I'll raise him alone, I'll be his mother and father and we won't need you, Kanat! Go and make another baby for you! From Sevda or anyone else I don't care, just stay away from us.
Kanat: Ekim, what the hell are you saying to me? I didn't and won't love anyone as I loved you Ekim, I can't imaging making a family and having kids from someone else, Ekim. I can't even touch anyone but you, Ekim.
Ekim was staring at him with teary eyes. Kanat grabs her two arms to make her close to him.
 Kanat: believe me, Ekim. I'm very sorry for what I did to you. I know that my sorry won't be enough or that's so stupid but give me another chance, Ekim! For our baby's sake!
Ekim wakes up from her memories and pushes him away.
Ekim: stay away!
She turns to leave and after a few steps, she was stopped by Kanat's words.
Kanat: will you be that selfish, Ekim? Will you deprive a baby of his father just because of your anger with me? You're saying that you won't make him feel the absence of his father, did your father compensate you for your mother, Ekim?
Drops of tears fall from Ekim's eyes. He was right, she always felt inferior no matter how hard her father tries to give her everything she wanted, but she needed her mother more than anything.
Kanat: you know how much it difficult is, Ekim! Don't make your baby live the same fate for God's sake. I swear if you came with me I won't force you to do anything. I just want you and my baby to be with me, and I want my baby to live in the warmth of the family.
Ekim was still giving him her back and presses her clothes with her hand.
_At Kanat's house.
All family is staying in the living room waiting for any news from Kanat.
Melek: why are they too late? Kanat also didn't call or say something!
Hazal: come down, Melek abla! He will inform us soon!
Melek: I hope! By the way, Zumurrud hanim, if Ekim came here, I don't let you say anything that may bother her, okay? So please, take care of your words!
Zumurrud nods to her as she doesn't have the nerve to talk or argue with her. After a little while, the doorbell rang so all of them stand up expectantly while the maid was opening the door. Kanat entered the living under everyone's gaze. Melek looks after him but she didn't find Ekim behind him.
Melek: didn't you find her, Kanat?
Kanat remains silent and looks behind him, so Melek and everyone look too. They found Ekim entering the living. Melek laughs happily and goes to hug her tightly.
Melek: I missed you so much, are you okay?
Melek says while stroking her hair. Kanat was behind Ekim and facing Melek. He pointed to her not to say anything to Ekim. Melek nods in astonishment. They separate and smile at each other. Hazal goes close to Ekim and hugs her while crying so Ekim cries too.
Hazal: I missed you so much, Ekim. I'm so sorry for everything.
Ekim wipes Hazal's tears while smiling at her.
Ekim: it's okay.
Everyone hugs Ekim until Kerem's turn comes.
Kerem: welcome to us again, Ekim.
Ekim smiles at him so Kerem hugs her, Ekim became surprised at first but soon she hugs him too. Kerem who tries to feel her close to him as much as he can remains hugging her for a while. They separate and Ekim smiles at him.
Ekim: thank you, Kerem.
Melek was watching them with huge happiness. She turned to look at Halil with teary eyes. Ekim leaves Kerem and finds that Cumali approaches her.
Cumali: welcome again, Ekim!
Ekim respects him so she takes his hand and kissed it so that Cumali raises her and hugs her. Only Zumurrud remained, when Ekim looked at her, she nodded to her.
Zumurrud: welcome again!
Ekim: thank you.
It was the first time that Ekim feels that Zumurrud wasn't hating her. Ekim's thinking was interrupted by Melek.
Melek: come, Ekim. Let's go to my room to rest a little until dinner.
Ekim: Actually, I prefer if I went to the room I used to!
Melek: but it won't be comfortable, Ekim! And your baby?
Ekim: I'll be more comfortable there.
Melek: as you want then! Come let's go together.
Melek takes Ekim to the room and the rest remain in the living.
_At Ekim's room
Melek and Ekim entered the room. Ekim found the room as she left it 5 months ago.
Ekim: it didn't change at all!
Melek: yes, I was keen to keep it as you left, I was sure you'll return.
Ekim: I don't what to say to you anymore but thank you for everything!
Melek smiles at her and looks at her little bulging belly so she puts her hand on her.
Melek: ayyy, Ekim it's cute! And small to be in the 6th month!
Ekim: ever it's a little small than usual but the doctor said that it's not dangerous.
Melek: yes, it's not. When I was pregnant in Seyit-Ali my billy was small like this too, and when I was pregnant with the twins, my billy was small as I was pregnant with one baby. (laughing)
Ekim loughs with Melek too. Melek stops laughing and just starting at Ekim as she saves her features.
Ekim: Melek abla, are you okay?
Melek: haaa! yes, darling, I'm fine. You rest now until dinner and I'll wake you up.
Ekim nods and smiles at her. Melek left the room and Ekim lay on the bed. She was really tired that she forget to call Ikra.
Melek returned to the living room and found everyone remained there.
Kanat: what happened?
Melek: she will rest until dinner. Why you pointed to me not to tell her anything?
Kanat: the doctor told me to keep her away from stress and shocks. It's clear that her pregnancy is difficult and she had problems or setbacks before. The doctor said something like that.
Melek: kizim yaa! She must have been through a lot and no one was there for her.
Kerem: don't be sad, mom! She is with us now and we'll take care of her.
Melek: you're right, I won't let anyone make my daughter sad again.
She says while looking at Kanat and Zumurrud.
The doorbell rings and the maid opens the door. It was Seyit-Ali coming back from school. Melek hugs him and took him to the room to change his clothes. Everyone goes to their rooms or work. Kanat was very happy that he didn't go to work that day. He called Ozan to tell him and share with him this happiness. Kanat lay on the bed thinking about how could he make Ekim forgive him. It was dinner time. Melek went to Ekim's room to wake her up but she found her already awake.
Melek: you're awake!
Ekim: yes, I got up a while ago.
Melek: then change your clothes...you didn't bring clothes, right?
Ekim: yes, I planned to return to Izmir the same day so I didn't bring clothes!
Melek: we'll sit together to tell me about Izmir for sure but now I'll go to Hazal and bring something comfortable from her to wear.
Ekim: there's no need, I can handle this until I talk with my friend to send me my things.
Melek: no problem, honey! I'll bring something to wear until she brings your things, or we can go shopping together anyway, what do you think?
Ekim: (laughs) Okay, Melek abla, thank you!
Melek smiles at her sadly. Despite knowing that she's her daughter, she can't tell her and can't hear the word "Annem" from her, but at least she found her and she's by her side now, so she was satisfied with anything. Melek goes and Ekim stays in the room remembering her memories in it, her memories with Hazal, Leyla, Melek, and Kanat. She missed them so much, even Kanat, she missed his touch, his smell, his hug, and the times they were happy, but she knows that they can't be together now, even if there's a baby between them, her anger with him and her broken heart always remember her of what he did with her. She found her picture had been fixed on the table. She smiled when she saw it. Melek enters the room at that moment.
Ekim: did you fix this pic?
Melek: yes, I remembered when you told me about it so I searched for the key and decided to fix it.
Ekim: how were you that sure from my return?
Melek keeps silent a little.
Melek: my heart told me! I always felt that you'll come back to me again.
Ekim looks at her questioningly but the knocking on the door interrupts them.
Kanat: we're waiting for you in the dining room.
Melek: okay, Kanat, we're coming.
Melek: you change your clothes and come, Ekim. I'll go first.
Ekim nods and starts changing her clothes carefully then she goes to the dining room.
She was wearing a knee-length dress with sleeves which make her so beautiful with her small belly. Once Kanat saw her, he felt that he fell in love with her again, she was so beautiful even with the exhaustion of pregnancy. When Seyit-Ali saw her, he got up from the table immediately and ran to hug her so she bent down to him as she can't carry him.
Seyit-Ali: I missed you so much, Ekim abla!
Ekim: me too, honey, I missed you so much too. (saying while kissing his cheeks)
Seyit-Ali: where were you? Why did you go?
Ekim keeps silent not knowing what to say so Melek remedied the situation.
Melek: come Seyit-Ali and let Ekim abla sit because she is pregnant and shouldn't stand a lot.
Ekim had to sit in her usual place next to Kanat because there was no anywhere else. While having dinner, Kanat breaks the silence.
Kanat: I told the maids to prepare the room next to me and Melek abla for Ekim.
Ekim: but I didn't ask for something like that?
Kanat: I know, but you should be near us to reach you quickly if you need anything.
Ekim: I want to stay in the room I used to!! (a little loud tone).
Cumali: enough!!! We are eating!! Give a respect! And there's no need to prepare a room for Ekim.
Ekim looks at him and then at the dish in front of her.
Kanat: what are you saying? I'm worrying about her she can't be that distance from us in this case!
Ekim looks at him and was about to say something but Cumali's words shocked her so she couldn't speak.
Cumali: there's no need for a room because you will stay in the same room!
Ekim: wh...what do you mean?
Cumali: I mean you're getting married next week!
Kanat: how it would be? Without making out our opinion? 
Cumali: will you break your grandfather's word now, Kanar bey?
Kanat: no, I didn't mean that but...
Cumali: there's no but! It's my decision, not a suggestion.
Ekim: but I'm not ready to get married at this age!
Zumurrud: you should have thought about that before being pregnant!
Melek: Zumurrud hanim!!!
Zumurrud: I didn't say something, it's the truth.
Cumali: I said my word, whether you like it or not, you will do it and it's over.
Cumali says and gets up from the table so Zumurrud follows him. Ekim looks at Kanat.
Ekim: why you didn't say anything?
Kanat: what should I say, Ekim? You didn't say anything too!
Ekim: what should you say? You don't know what to say now but when the concept is accusing me you're saying a lot, Kanat!
She says and gets up angrily from the table under Kanat's gaze. She went to her room and sat on the bed thinking about what Cumali said. She was in a conflict as part of her is happy about this decision but the other part can't forget Kanat's deeds. She lays on the bed and closes her eyes. After a while, Kanat enters the room and found her sleeping, so he covers her and sits next to her a little while stroking her hair.
kanat: I wish you could forgive me one day, Ekim. I love you more than everything in this world.
He puts a light kiss on her lips and then goes. Once he closes the door, Ekim opens her eyes and smiles while putting her fingers on her lips. Despite her anger, she missed him, and the taste of his lips so much. She falls asleep while thinking and wakes up the next day because the maid knocks on the door to tell her that's breakfast time. She wears yesterday's clothes and took her phone to open it while walking. She found a lot of messages from Ikra and missed calls from her and another unknown number. While recognizing the number, it is calling her again so she answers the call.
Ekim: yes, it's me!
X: .....
Ekim was shocked that the phone fell from her hand and she staggered a little before Kanat caught her.
Melek: what happened, Ekim?

I'm a little tired so I don't know if this chapter is good enough or not, so if you like it give your vote and comment💓💓 and I apologize to be late 🙁❤️❤️❤️