Chapter 12

Kanat: why, Ekim?
Ekim: W...What why?
Kanat: were you out that early to give your father the CDs?
Ekim: Kanat, I can explain.
Kanat: (loud voice) what exactly will you explain? Is your betrayal? Or will you give me a convincing reason to keep these CDs with you until now without telling me? And in the end, you went and gave them to your father.
Ekim: No No, I didn't betray you, Kanat, I swear. But...But I had to, I swear.
Kanat: why did you have to, Ekim? Why didn't you come to me from the beginning? Why didn't you tell me about anything, Ekim?
Ekim: because he threatened me. He said they would kill you and hurt your family. I had no other choice.
Kanat: it means that you see me as a so helpless man that I can't save myself and my family, right? ( angrily)
Ekim: oh no of course I didn't mean to say that but they're so dangerous men, Kanat. Why don't you understand me? I did it for you and your family I swear.
Sevda: enough, Ekim! Everyone knew your real now, don't lie anymore.
Ekim: SHUT UP!!
Ekim looks at Kanat, but he remains silent, only staring at her with disappointment and anger. Ekim goes to Halil and grabs his hand to ask him if he doesn't believe her either, but he immediately removes his hand.
Ekim: you don't believe me too. ( with sadness)
Ekim looks at Hazal and sees the same look in Kanat's eyes. Leyla gets closer to Ekim.
Leyla: shame on you, Ekim! we believed you, we open our house for you, and my brother was in love with you, but look what you did in return. Really shame on you.
Ekim: (who was already crying) Leyla, don't say that, please.
Leyla moved away from her. Ekim looks at Melek and finds a look of pity and mercy in her eyes.
Zuzmurrud: I think if you have any dignity left, you should get out of this house.
Ekim looks at her and then at Kanat to see any reaction from him that prevents her, but he turns his face to the other side. Ekim looks at all of them for the last time to find a look of rejection from them all.
Ekim: okay, I'm so sorry for everything and I thank you for everything you've done for me since I entered your house until now. I'm going but I just want to say something and that's the last thing in the world I would want to do is hurt you all. You've compensated me with family, friends, and...and love, so I never thought of hurting you. I'm so sorry again.
Ekim says and goes as she wipes her tears to her room, and while Ekim packs her things, Melek knocks on the door and enters. Ekim looks at her with teary eyes.
Ekim: you don't believe me too, right?
Melek: it doesn't matter what I believe or not now. I just believe one thing and that's when a person is forced, he does things without thinking about the consequences or choosing the least bad outcome.
Ekim: I did that to protect him I swear. (crying)
Melek hugs her.
Melek: I know. I have no doubts about your good intentions, but your method was somewhat wrong.
They separate and Melek wipes Ekim's tears.
Melek: don't be sad now. Kanat will understand you later and his anger will pass. You just have to be patient. Okay, honey?
Ekim nods. Melek takes out a sum of money from his pocket and gives it to Ekim. Ekim removes her hand saying no with crying.
Melek: take them, Ekim, don't be ashamed. I know you won't go to your father's so you'll need money to stay in a hotel or something for a while so please don't let me worry about you more than I'd.
Ekim hugged her tightly and cry.
Ekim: thank you for being here.
Melek strokes Ekim's hair, kisses her head, and goes. Ekim sits on the bed while putting money next to her and wipes her tears with the back of her hands but she looks at the money and remembers what happened so she begins to cry again. After a short time, Ekim comes out of her room carrying her bag. She finds the whole family sitting in the living room, she looks at Kanat to bid him farewell, but he turns his head sadly. She looks at the ground and then looks back at everyone.
Ekim: hoşçakalın.
Ekim gets out of the house and walks Istanbul streets absentmindedly thinking about where she can go, but she regains consciousness when she bumps into someone.
X: WATCH OUT!!
Ekim: I'm sorry.
Ekim hears someone calling her from a car next to her, so she turns to the voice to find Adnan. Adnan gets out of the car and goes toward her.
Ekim: what do you want?
Adnan: nothing, I saw you while driving so I came to drive you where you wanna go.
Ekim: thank you, I don't need anything from you. It's enough to stay away from me.
Adnan: aren't you exaggerating? It's just a ride. Also, I can't leave my future wife alone in the street.
Ekim: what my wife? What are you talking about?
Adnan: yes, you didn't hear that for sure. Here's the topic, our families, I mean your father and my father, decided to marry us, Ekim.
Ekim: you see that in your dreams only. I don't care about their decisions or you at all, so piss off.
She says and stops a taxi and goes.
Adnan: we'll see, Ekim.
Ekim is sitting in the Taxi, not knowing where to go.
Driver: where are we going, lady?
Ekim: I don't know, can you take me to a hotel that is good but also cheap?
The driver thinks for a while
Driver: Okay
They reach a modest hotel. Ekim thanked the driver and got out of the taxi. She went to the receptionist who took her ID to complete the procedures.
The receptionist: how long will you stay?
Ekim: I still don't know.
The receptionist: okay there's your room key and your ID. Have a nice day.
Ekim thanked her and went up to the room. It wasn't a beautiful room but it was not that bad either. She had to save money so that the money would last for a longer period until she finds work and settle down. Ekim feels dizzy, so she leans on the bed. She decides to take a shower to feel better.
_At Kanat's house
Melek: but it's like we put her under pressure a little bit, the girl did what she did to protect us all anyway.
Halil: I think like this too.
Zumurrud: leave that mercy and pity aside. Look at the father and look at the daughter, they're the same, she has fooled us all.
Sevda: I told you all, especially you, Kanat, but you didn't believe me. I warned you that this girl hide something but she made you blind so you didn't see the truth.
Kanat doesn't answer but leaves them angrily and goes up to his room. He sat on the bed rubbing his fingers and squeezing his jaw in anger. He took the picture of him and Ekim which is next to his bed and holds it with such anger that it breaks from the pressure of his hand on it then he throws it at the wall.
Kanat: WHY, EKIM?
he sat on the bed again but sadly that she is gone. It was killing him feeling that he wouldn't be able to feel her touch and see her smile that he had always loved to see, that he wouldn't be able to hug her, kiss her, wake he up in his arms every morning. He felt that the world had been stopped around him. She was his whole world. His thoughts were interrupted by Hazal who entered the room.
Hazel: I knocked on the door but you didn't hear me.
Kanat: yes I was a little busy.
Hazel looks at his injured finger and the broken picture on the ground so she sat next to him and held his hand.
Kanat: I know you feel angry, sad, and confused about her but after I thought of what happened I found that I would have done the same thing if I were her. I also would protect my family and the man I love however it cost, so I think you have to give her another chance, Kanat. Because she loves you. And I don't want to lose my friend, Kanat. I'm very angry with myself because I didn't believe her this morning. Don't lose her, Kanat.
Kanat takes Hazal in his arms and kisses her head then Hazal goes. Kanat thought in Hazal's words and found she was right but he didn't want to forgive Ekim that easily not to lie to him again. Kanat calls someone at the police station.
Kanat: hey, what's up?
Selim: fine, Kanat, what about you?
Kanat: I'm fine too. Look, Selim can you do me a favor, please?
Selim: sure, Kanat.
Kanat: I want to know where someone is staying.
Selim: but this person is in Istanbul, right? You know that I don't have powers outside of Istanbul.
Kanat: yes yes, she is here.
Selim: she? What beautiful, Kanat! It means you fell in love finally.
Kanat: her name is Ekim. Ekim guleryuz.
Selim: Ekim guleryuz? Isn't that the nickname of the man you're looking for?
Kanat: yes it is. So how long will it take to find her?
Selim: I'll start searching for her name now, if she stays in a hotel I can find her easier. I'll call you then.
Kanat: okay, Selim, thank you.
Kanat ends the call and goes down to his family.
Kanat: Sevda, I need the videos you shot yesterday.
Sevda: why?
Kanat: what why, Sevda? to go to arrest them, I've got evidence.
Halil: are you going to the police station?
Kanat: yes, come on, Sevda! Send me them.
Sevda: okay.
Halil: wait I'll change my clothes and come with you.
Kanat was taking the videos from Sevda until his uncle wore his clothes and came. They went to the police station and handed over the evidence they had. Police raid the houses of some of the businessmen in the videos, including Tuna and Kenan.
Ekim, who was sleeping in bed exhausted, hears on TV the news of her father's arrest. She rejoices in finally getting rid of her father's hell but at the same time, she fears for Kanat that they will harm him. Ekim's thoughts were interrupted by her feeling of nausea, so she quickly goes to the bathroom.
_At the police station
Selim: Kanat!!!!
Kanat: hey, Selim! What happened? did you find her?
Selim: yes, she's in a hotel in the center of the city.
Selim told him the name and the address of the hotel.
Kanat: okay, Selim. Thank you so much.
Selim: you're welcome, Kanat!
_After 3 days
Ekim continued to feel dizzy and intermittently nauseous. Kanat was checking her from one of the hotel workers. Nothing new happened in the life of each of them during the two days until the third day.
Kanat and Halil have just arrived at the police station and entered Halil's office. Ozan entered the office too.
Ozan: where were you guys? Why are you late today?
Kanat: unimportant, we were a little late for breakfast.
Ozan: this envelope is for you, Halil abi.
Halil takes the envelope from his hand.
Halil: it's from the lab.
Halil opens the envelope with Kanat and Ozan's anticipation, so Khalil reads the results of the analysis and remains silent for a while.
Kanat: what's the result?
Halil: it's positive, Kanat!! Ekim is Defne, Melek's daughter.
Kanat embraces Halil with happiness and Ozan looks at them questioningly. Kanat decides to go to Ekim so that he can tell her that and tell her that he also forgave her.
Ozan: can you tell me what's happening?
Kanat: I should go to tell, Ekim now. So come with me and I'll tell you on the way.
Halil: I'll wait for you. So bring Ekim to go home together.
Kanat: okay.
Kanat and Ozan drive towards the hotel and Kanat tells Ozan everything on the way. At the same time, Adnan is parking his car in front of the hotel and asks the receptionist about Ekim's room.
Adnan: she's my girlfriend and we had a sharp argument so she left home. I just wanted to make her a surprise.
The receptionist agrees and gives him the room key.. Adnan goes up and enters the room and finds Ekim taking a shower.
Adnan: let's see what will you do when you see me here, Ekim. ( with a sly smile)
Kanat and Ozan arrive after a few minutes at the hotel, and the first receptionist has been changed. Kanat asks about the room number, goes up, and knocks on the door, he and Ozan are shocked by what they see. They saw that Adnan opened the door without a shirt, then Kanat looked at the wine glasses on the table, then he was more shocked when Ekim came out of the bathroom in her bathrobe. Ekim looks shocked at Kanat and Ozan, then at Adnan, who is standing at the door.
Ekim: Kanat!