Chapter 14

Zumurrud: isn't it right, Kanat?? Say something!
Melek: don't say anything you'll regret afterward, Kanat, please!
Zumurrud: what will be the regret in knowing the truth, Melek hanim? In addition to being very confident in herself, what would she be afraid of? If she is telling the truth, I'll apologize to her and bring her into our house myself, so you should take your decision now, Kanat!
Everyone looks at Kanat including Ekim who was looking fearfully.
Kanat: we'll do the test.
Ekim looks at him disappointed and he tries to avoid looking into her eyes. Silence reigns for a minute but Ekim interrupts it.
Ekim: well, Kanat, let's do this fuc**ng test but don't forget that I won't forgive you for not trusting me and putting me in that situation.
Nafisa: well then until you make sure about that baby, we'll delay this engagement!
Sevda: but babaannem...
Nafisa: there's no but, Sevda! I won't marry you to someone who potentially will be a father.
Sevda: do you believe her? She's lying!! She slapped me because I was saying her dirty deeds.
Ekim: if you don't wanna have another hard slap, you should shut up!!
Cumali: okay, that's enough! Get ready we're leaving now, you too, Ekim you'll come with us.
Zumurrud: what does thi...
Cumali: ZUMURRUD!!
Zumurrud becomes silent and everyone goes out of the house. Ekim, Kanat, Aziz, Hazal, and Leyla rise in Kanat's car. Aziz is next to Kanat and the girls are in the back. Halil, Melek, Zumurrud, Cumali, and Suna ride in Halil's car. The two cars drove off. Ozan and Melisa remain standing outside so Melisa goes beside him to try to talk to him.
Melisa: will you still be upset with me?
Ozan looks at her without an answer.
Melisa: okay, Ozan, I'm sorry I was foolish to tell Sevda about that something but she promised me not to say anything.
Ozan: and you believed her so easily. You're the most one who knows Sevda, Melisa!
Melisa: no, Ozan, I found that I didn't know her, I never expected her to go that far! Please, Ozan, don't be upset with me anymore! I missed you.
Ozan looks at her expressionlessly then smiles and hugs her.
Ozan: I missed you too.
Melisa: come with me home then.
Ozan: okay, would you like to go in my car?
Melisa: okay, and points to the driver at the door to bring her car home and go with Ozan.
At the same time, the şirhan arrives home and enters.
Zumurrud: your room is the same. Stay in it until the test result, and then we'll see what to do.
Melek tries to de-escalate the situation.
Melek: where are your things, Ekim?
Ekim looks at her questioningly.
Melek: I mean your clothes.
Ekim: yeah, mmm they're still in the hotel. I'll pass by the hotel to pick them up on my way to the hospital.
She turns to Kanat and speaks coldly.
Ekim: when will we go to the hospital?
Kanat: we can go now. Hazal is going to her work now anyway.
Ekim looks at Hazal and nods. The three leave the house, so Ekim sits in the back seat. Kanat and Hazal sit in front. Ekim kept looking out the window all the way, and Kanat passed them to the hotel first to take Ekim's things.
Ekim: I won't be late. ( saying while getting out of the car)
Kanat: wait! I'm coming with you, wait here, Hazal.
Ekim: there's no need, I can do it alone.
Kanat doesn't answer her and kept going. Ekim grumbles and continued walking. They went up to the room. Ekim started to pack up her things. Kanat was standing leaning on the wall, he notices the pregnancy test on the table so he goes and takes it in his hand. Ekim turns to see if there's something else to take so she sees him holding it. She goes quickly to him and pulls it from his hands and put it in her bag.
Ekim: I'm finished.
Kanat: okay.
Ekim got out of the room before him so he closed the door and took the bag from her hand without talking and kept going. He put the bag in the car and started driving. He parked in front of the hospital and three got out of the car. They went to the department dedicated to analysis, and Hazal's friend meet them.
Eylul: hey, Hazal! What are doing here?
Hazal: hey, Eylul, how are you?
Eylul: I'm fine, how are you, Kanat?
Kanat: fine, thanks.
Eylul looks at Ekim and smiles at her then she turns to Hazal again. Hazal tells Ekim and Kanat to enter the room.
Eylul: what are you doing here then?
Hazal: look, Eylul, the girl with me, Ekim, is pregnant. We need to make a DNA test for Kanat and the fetus.
Eylul looks at Hazal questioningly.
Hazal: look, it's a family matter so I can't tell you the details.
Eylul: it's okay. I'll tell two specialists to do it for them because I'm not free now.
Hazal: Okay, thank you.
Hazal enters the room in which Kanat and Ekim are.
Hazal: specialists are coming now.
They nod.
After a while, two specialists came to the room. One of them took Ekim to another room to take the sample, and the other took a mouth swab from Kanat.
Kanat: why is Ekim so late?
Hazal: because for her it's not just a mouth swab, Kanat! I wish you knew what position she is in now because of your decision, Kanat.
Kanat: What would I do, Hazal? She came and told me that she is pregnant, and you know that I am facing trouble having kids after the accident two years ago, and I saw her in that situation in the hotel, so surely no matter how much I trust her I'll feel suspicious, I'm a human too, Hazal!
Hazal: your doctor said you can after treatment, Kanat, and you're already healed, Kanat.
Kanat: I came to make the test after the treatment but there weren't any changes, Hazal.
Hazal remains silent not knowing how to convince her cousin. At that moment, Ekim got out of the room feeling shame.
Ekim: can we go from here? I don't want to stay here anymore.
Hazal: okay, calm down. Come on, Kanat.
Kanat preceded them to prepare the car until they go out. While they were about to get out of the hospital, they heard a loud voice coming from the hospital corridor. They want to the source of the sound to find out that it was a quarrel between a doctor and a patient's father. Hazal went to them to see what the problem is, so Ekim worried about her so she went next to her. At that time, Kanat notices that they are late so he entered the hospital again to see them. the man was trying to cut Hazal with a knife, so Ekim stood in front of Hazal. Everyone looks in shock at what happened. Ekim raises her hand slowly to her neck and then looks at it to find that it's covered with blood. She almost fell to the ground after she staggered backward to be held by Kanat's hand, and she fell into his lap.
Kanat: Ekim, Ekim stay with me don't close your eyes okay? Hazal, do something???
He says this while pressing on her neck. Hazal wakes up from her shock and goes down to the ground next to them and raises his hand to see the wound. The wound wasn't deep, but Ekim lost a lot of blood compared to the normal level, so Hazal concluded that she was on blood thinners. Hazal directed her words to the standing nurses.
Hazal: why are standing like this? Go get the stretcher, NOW!!!
Nurses go quickly and Hazal tells Kanat to keep pressing until she brings something clean to put on. Kanat keeps pressing and hugs Ekim who was already lost consciousness.
Kanat: hold on, Ekim. Please hold on, don't leave me, Ekim, please.
The nurses arrive with a stretcher and Hazal also with a clean cloth. Kanat carries Ekim and put her on the stretcher carefully to not hurt her more and Hazal presses the cloth on her neck. They suture Ekim's wound and supply her with blood to replace what she lost. Hazal leaves Ekim sleeping and gets out of the room.
Kanat: is she fine?
Hazal: yes, don't worry. The wound wasn't deep anyway but...
Kanat: but what, Hazal? Did something happen to the baby?
Hazal: no, it didn't happen, but it almost happened, unfortunately. She is suffering from blood thinning disease, so she lost a lot of blood, although the wound wasn't deep.
Kanat: when will she wake up?
Hazal: soon. Did you arrest that man?
Kanat: yes they took him to the police station. Why did he hurt Ekim?
Hazal: actually, he wanted to hurt me while trying to solve the problem between him and another doctor, but Ekim came suddenly in front of me.
Hazal ends her words and started crying so Kanat took her into his arms.
Hazal: she's suffering a lot for us, Kanat. Babaannem always tells her that she is making problems for us, but it turned out to be the opposite, Kanat.
Kanat: shhh! Okay, she will be fine.
Kanat, who is trying to calm Hazal, also needed someone to calm the storms inside him, and settle the conflict between his heart and mind. After a while, the nurse comes out of Ekim's room and tells them that she has woken up. They enter the room quickly, Hazal sits on the edge of the bed and holds Ekim's hand.
Hazal: I was so scared, Ekim! Are you okay?
Ekim: ( faintly) b...the baby?
Hazal: don't worry he's fine.
Ekim turns her look to Kanat so Kanat goes to her and strokes her hair.
Kanat: are you okay? Do you feel any pain?
Ekim doesn't answer and looks at him with blame, how can she tell him that she feels more pain in her heart than she does because of her wound?
Ekim: when will I get out of here?
Hazal: we can go now if you feel fine.
Ekim: I'm fine so let's go.
Hazal helps Ekim to walk as she refused Kanat to touch her. In the car, Ekim sat in the backseat so Hazal decides to sit beside her.
Ekim: when will we get the result?
Hazal: from 3 to 5 days.
Ekim nods and the silence reigns. Kanat was checking Ekim from the mirror all way. They arrived home and the maid opened to them, it was dinner time. When Melek sees Ekim she gets up quickly terrified.
Melek: Ekim, what happened to you, darling?
Kanat: it's a small accident. ( he says and points to her to calm down so that Ekim doesn't get nervous.
Melek: okay, it's fine, come to eat dinner!
Ekim: thanks, I have no appetite, I'm going to rest.
Melek: it can't be like that, honey. You're pregnant and the baby needs to be fed too, come on.
Melek takes her and sits her in her usual place on the table next to Kanat. After a short time, Ekim gets up from the table.
Cumali: you didn't eat well, daughter?
Ekim: I'm full, thanks. Afiyet olsun.
While Ekim was about to start walking she feels dizzy and staggers to be grabbed quickly by Kanat.
Melek: watch out, Ekim. Do I take you to your room?
Kanat: it's okay, I'll take her.
Ekim has no power to refuse. He was helping her to walk, but he noticed that she couldn't walk well, so he carried her to the room. He puts her softly on the bed and she turns to a side to not see him. He covered her and put her phone on the table.
Kanat: if you need something or felt pain just call me.
Ekim doesn't respond and Kanat still looking at her waiting for an answer. Ekim hears the room door was closed. She cries until she falls asleep.
_the next morning.
Ekim wakes up with a hand that strokes her hair.
Ekim: Melek abla, good morning.
Melek: good morning, I made breakfast for you.
Ekim: thank you
Melek: I'll go now for Seyit-Ali and come again.
Ekim: look! I forgot my picture when I was young in that drawer and I lost the key while packing my things, so is there a copy of the key to take it?
Melek: okay, honey I'll search for it.
Ekim smiles at her then Melek goes. Three days had passed. Ekim was getting better but she still doesn't speak with him. Everyone was sitting at the table for breakfast and the doorbell rang. It was Sevda. She sat next to Zumurrud. After a while, the doorbell rang again. The maid opened the door and went to the dining room.
The maid: Kanat bet, this envelope is for you.
Kanat takes the envelope and Ekim looks at it terrified.
Kanat: it's from the hospital.
Everyone except Cumali stands up.
Sevda: come on, Kanat. Open it!
Kanat opens the envelope and took the paper in it. He starts reading it, and Ekim saw his eyes fill with tears.
Ekim: Kanat?
Kanat closes and looks at her.
Melek: what's the result, Kanat?
Halil: say something, son!!
Kanat directs his words to Ekim with teary eyes. Ekim was so scared and waiting for his response.
Kanat: it's negative, Ekim!!

Don't forget the vote and share your opinion! 💓💓