Chapter 31

One Year Later

Dawn broke its way to Arendelle. Enlightening every valley, and every kiosk; including the castle itself. Birds chirping, whisking away the dust they caught during the night.

Through the majestic hallways to the Corinthian columned corridors, in a ecru double door encrusted with royal blue snowflake mailings. Laid on a elegant silk poster bed was the ever blissful snow queen, peaceful as the surroundings around her; she slept.

As the early sun light made its peak, a streak of golden ray fell upon her face. she stirred with a little moan; slowly blinking her eyes as they flutter. Her gaze fell on the magenta curtains that hung from the wall. How the sun illuminated from the curtains, creating a luminous shade of fuchsia.

She gave out a yawn as she stretched out her tired arms, sitting up as she did so. Pushing the warm comforter aside, she stood up and strode across the room to the curtains. Rubbing her eyes, she indolently clutched both her hands on the edge of the curtains and pushed them aside; allowing exposure through out the room.

"Oh too bright" she giggled as her eyes shut tight from the sudden brightness.

Then she made her to the tub, undoing the night gown as it slid down her.she slid herself through the Jacuzzi, warm bubbles of scented indulgence covering her as she rubbed herself to satisfaction. Minutes later, she stood up from the tub; grabbing a ruffled silk robe from the hanger and quickly fastening herself with it. she walked to the partition, quickly changing into a fitting ecru long sleeved sky blue bodice that reached her upper leg.

She slid the stockings up-slipping her feet on her shoes. Hair braided into her ever so popular frosted french braid. Standing there, her gaze upon her own reflection on the mirror; studying every feature she had. She curved in a smile "Time to start another fair day" she whispered and walked past the carpet, she went out of her room.

"Good morning Your Majesty" the maids gleefully greeted as I passed by them. I smiled ever so and nodded at them "Good morning"I greeted in a cheerful tone. "Good morning your Majesty" Gerda grinned as poised as she is, a pile of neatly-folded garments cradled on her arms; "Good morning Gerda" a playful tone with a smirk was all I could give to our most trusted head maiden whom we treat as family.

I headed to the dining hall, where I found Anna sitted at a table with a plate of chocolate-filled crepe in hand. "Good morning Elsa!" She cheerfully greeted me, I grinned gleefully in a poised way as I walked towards the table and said-"Good morning Anna" in a mother-like tone.

I sat on a chair adjacent to Anna's as I poured milk on a glass. "So how's the crepe?" I asked "delectable, try it!" She demanded; Hastily, I grabbed a fork from the embroidered napkin and plunged it on one. "Hmm...I'd say, Gerda baked the crusts pretty well" I exclaimed in a silly british accent; "And its scrumptious" I added with a wink. We both giggled.

"Today's the eight week of summer right?" She asked, breaking the short silence. I nodded, "oh I can't wait for fall to come" she exclaimed batting her lashes. I gave out a small laugh "Don't get too ahead of yourself now, we haven' t even started planing yet".

"Can we start planing now, can we! Can we!?" She pleaded with her lips pouted, "Okay"I answered giggling, "I'll be in the office if you need me" I added as I stood up and headed to the door.

I entered my office and sat on my desk, arranging the dislocated things on it. Accidentally, I elbowed a few of the papers from the desk. I gave out a gasp and bent down to pick them up; I started to pick the papers from the floor and place them back on the desk, as I did so, my attention went to a sketch underneath the other blank papers.

I took the blank ones back to the desk, then I picked the sketch from its back. My face suddenly soften as I felt my heart sink, it was a sketch of him. His perfectly carved face, his cringed nose, those pinkish cheekbones; and that smile. Though it was clearly drawn from pencil strains, I could still see those dashing emerald eyes that shown like the stars above when he smiles. If I only could.

I slowly caressed my hand on his face, "I wonder what has fate brought to you" I whispered. I suddenly jumped when I heard a knock from the door. "Queen Elsa?" It was Kai, I hastily dunked the sketch on a drawer; "Yes"I answered in an almost panting tone.

"There's a man who would like your permission to dock here in Arendelle" he exclaimed, "Just present the request to my desk Kia please" I answered calmly. The door creaked open and Kia's head popped up "Um-your majesty, he didn't sent any request treaty actually..." he explained.

"What?"

"He would like to negotiate with you personally"

My face suddenly turned to confusion, "what ship do you suppose is he docking?"I asked curiously. "Cargo your Majesty" he answered, I shifted on my chair "The Supervisor I suppose" I stated; "Yes your Majesty" he answered. "And his?" I asked "Danish Mi'lady"he answered

"Denmark?"

Sorry if I deleted this earlier, this wasn't done yet and I accidentally pressed the publish button but anyways its here so YEHAY!!