Chapter 40

"What do you think of the sketch plan?"

Anna asked not leaving her gaze from her hands as they tied mint green and royal blue sashes into ribbons; Elsa on the other hand, stared down at the unofficial sketch plan written on paper in her hand – unsure whether she felt surprised or intimidated. "Why choose me for the doxology?" she inquired.

Her sister simply shrugged with a pout "I don't know it seemed appropriate." She quipped and continued securing the tied ribbon together with a snowflake-inspired clip. Elsa couldn't help but glare at her in a hollowed way "Yeah it 'seemed' appropriate." She thought, of all people – she had to choose her! Her – the timid girl who always found it intimidating to dance with a man other than her father, what made it far more intimidating; she had to do it alone, just her, herself, and her powers.

"You know how I've always found it difficult to dance, especially in front of a throng!" Elsa retorted, gesturing towards the ballroom outside the room. Anna just let out a chuckle "What's so funny with what I said?" she asked raising a skeptical brow "Oh please, Elsa stop being so puffy! Everyone knows you're the best when it comes to skating on ice." Anna remarked before adding: "You're a natural with it."

"Me? A natural? Not a chance." she fended, crossing her arms. Anna rolled her eyes playfully "Don't bark at me for picking you on the doxology number, ask Gerda – in fact, ask the whole kingdom; their bet is you." She said in a matter-of-fact manner. Elsa's expression softens "What?" she stuttered, "You heard me." Anna said, setting the finished ribbons down on a basket and trailed towards her sister.

"I have faith in you, Elsa – we all do. Besides, you've skated on ice for like a thousand times – so what makes this was one any different?" she queried, gripping on her shoulders in a reassuring manner. Elsa stared down and before she could utter a word – Anna interrupted her "Are you afraid you might stutter?" she asked, a hint of hope in her face. Elsa sighed and slowly nodded, staring into her sister's eyes; Anna curled up a gentle smile "Just think of happy thoughts, okay? Don't let fear overwhelm you, they're just illusions – they're not real." She assured her in the warmest tone she could ever conjure up.

Letting go, Anna went back to pick the basket of ribbons from the wooden table filled with scattered fabrics and sashes "I also sent a French seamstress naming Edna to design a short, slim-fitting dress for you to wear on the doxology – you can add magic snowflakes if you'd like." She declared upon retreating down to the door; making Elsa crease a curious brow "Now where are you going?" she goaded, "I'll be handing these basket of ribbons for Gerda to tend the garlands at the main corridor." She said turning the knob and added before she left "Oh and by the time I come back, Edna might probably be with me to take the measurements for your dress." And with that she left, leaving Elsa alone in her study.

Letting out a contented sigh, her gaze turned back at the room. Read a book? Not interested in the genres nor was she in the mood. As boredom struck, she decided to head out of the study room to find something to do on her boring leisure time alone.

~

Entering upon the Versailles-like arch doorway, she strut past the velvet carpet and stood to admire her surroundings; crème ecru walls with golden rosemaling intricate, red velvet carpeted floor, ecru hearth that matched the wall's aura, an enormous arch suspended glass window dressed in huge damped velvet curtains that gained access to the warm light from outside, Gemini crystal chandeliers hung from either side of the room – each darting out regal evergreen rosemaling-inspired cushioned chairs, and there at approximately three o'clock of the room – stood a black grand piano and all its majesty.

As an idea popped in her head, she walked past the carpet and sat down on the piano's stomp-like chair. Upon removing the cover from its place, she hastily slid her fingers on the keys and began playing. Playing the keys with emotion as the melody of the piece brought her to peace until she was lost within the notes of the song.

Help Me