𝗚𝗿𝘂𝗱𝗴𝗲𝘀

ADONIS WAS CURRENTLY SITTING ON THE COUCH, Stefan on his lap. Adonis had his arms around his waist securely as Stefan leaned back into him. Both Elena and Damon ignoring them the best they could as they stood standing. The front door opens and incoming is Alaric.

"Thanks for coming, Ric." Damon is first to greet him. "Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?"

"Adonis mentioned you needed my help." Alaric walks and goes over to the boy. Stefan getting off his lap. Adonis smiles and pulls Ric into a hug.

"Thank you for coming." Adonis pulls away.

"Always." Alaric smiles and looks back at the Salvatore's.

"We were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family." Stefan speaks, sitting on the arm rest of Adonis's seat.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?" Alaric looks between them.

"Well, you wouldn't." Adonis says, his hand going to Stefan's thigh. "But you're dead not so dead bitch ex, would."

"Watch it." Alaric scolds him. Adonis rolls his eyes playfully knowing he was talking about his language.

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together." Elena points out.

"You said that she had spent years researching this town." Adonis adds.

Alaric nods. "Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklores and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction."

"Like that amazing vampire story." Damon grins.

Adonis gives the older Salvatore a glare and then looks back to his father figure. "Aside from vampires, what else was there?"

"The lycanthrope."

"Wait, like werewolves?" Elena's eyes widen.

"I told you." Adonis says in a singing voice giving Damon a smirk.

Damon shakes his head. "No way, impossible, way to Lon Chaney."

"Is it?" Stefan tilts his head, playing with Adonis's fingers.

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon questions.

"Obviously staying away from you." Adonis gives him an innocent smile. Alaric chuckle's high-fiving the boy. Stefan shakes his head amusingly.

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric asks.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founders' Day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler." Damon explains.

"And at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the carnival's workers." Stefan adds.

"It suggests it's some sort of a supernatural entity." Adonis says, now fiddling with Stefan's daylight ring. "We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure it out what it is."

"Well, all her things are still at Duke." Alaric sighs. "I mean her office is still there. She's technically still missing."

"So can we get access to it?" Damon asks. Alaric stays quiet. "Ric, we need to know what we are dealing with. If this wolfman thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good. It means Mason Lockwood is a real-life Lon Chaney and that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney junior, which means Bella Lugosi, meaning me, is totally screwed."