17: Scarlett

I woke up late the next morning. I had gotten into to bed at about two in morning the previous night, because of the ball. It had been very fun, Alexa and I had just laughed about everything the entire night.

I got up and got dressed, and walked downstairs. Everyone was already sitting at the breakfast table, except for Cordelia. I wonder she is, I thought. I took a seat next to Alexa, and it was across from James.

He looked particularly good this morning, and I felt myself blush. What was going on with me? I had a crush on my own ancestor. He was just so beautiful, and he was also so mysterious that it intrigued me. I had heard that he could turn into a shadow and I thought that, that was so cool.

I guess I had been staring at James for longer than I thought, because he turned and looked with me with an odd expression. I immediately looked away to my mother who was smirking at me. Ugh she must have seen all that, I thought to myself.

"Where is Cordelia this morning?" Tessa asked.

"She's in her room. She's not feeling well, at the moment." Lucie said. "But she will not tell me why."

"How strange." Cecily said confused.

I then looked at Will, who was looking at James. But James was oblivious to his stare. Will was just as attractive as James, and I felt myself blush more. By the angel I needed to stop this.

Breakfast then passed by quickly. After it was done my father came up to me.

"Can you meet your mom and I in the library?" He asked me with gold eyes, that were similar to James's, but not quite the same shade.

"Sure." I said.

"Oh and can you go find Austin and Logan and tell them too?" My dad asked.

"Okay." I said and I got up and went to find them.

I found Austin with Max. They were in living room talking about the angel knows what. Austin and I then walked around to find Logan. Who knew where that boy was. We finally found him in the training room. With James.

"Logan we have to meet mom and dad in the library." I told him, and I stole glances at James from the corner of my eye.

"Okay." He said, and he walked over to us.

"Hey Scarlett." James said with a smirk, obviously because he knew that I liked him.

"Um hi." I said dumbly. Ugh why was I so awkward?!

James just laughed when he saw how red I had turned. I just quickly turned and walked out of the training room.

"You are so in love with him." Logan said from behind me.

When I didn't say anything, he laughed.

"You are." Austin said shocked.

"I wonder what why mom and dad called us." I said trying to change the subject.

"Yeah." Austin said.

"Do you think it's about what they were arguing about?" Logan mumbled.

"They were arguing?" Austin asked.

"Yeah I heard them." I said.

The three of us reached the library. My parents sat on the armchairs by the huge book shelves. As soon as they saw us they sat up straight. Okay this is weird, I thought.

Austin, Logan, and I all sat down across from them. My mother looked a bit nervous, and my father looked very happy. What was he so happy about? I thought.

"We haven't all talked much lately." My mom started. "How are you all doing?"

"Scarlett's in love with James." Logan blurted out with a smirk.

I gasped. Why would he tell them?! He was such an idiot sometimes I wanted to slap him.

"Is she now?" My dad smirked.

"No I'm not." I said through gritted teeth.

"You do know that we are related to him, right Scarlett?" Logan said.

"Yes I know that very well Logan." I said angrily.

"Okay enough you two." My mother said, but she was smirking at me.

"So what did you guys have to tell us?" Austin asked.

"I still had more things to ask you three-" My mother started nervously.

"Oh c'mon Clary, don't make them wait any longer." My dad said.

"Okay." She said while taking a breath. "We have big news to tell you."

By the angel, what is it? I thought to myself.

"I'm pregnant." She said with a huge grin.

I froze. My mom was pregnant? My mind couldn't register it.

"But mom." Logan said shocked. "Your so old."

"Logan!" I exclaimed. That boy had no filter whatsoever.

"I know. Your father and I talked about it, and we thought that it would be nice to have another child." My mother said happily.

I still didn't know what to say, so I got up and hugged both of my parents. Afterwards we had finished talking about it, I went to go find Alexa. I found her in her room reading a book.

"Alexa" I said.

She looked up from her book.

"Hey, how did the meeting with your parents go?" She asked me, while putting her book down.

"My mom's pregnant!" I exclaimed.

"What?!" She exclaimed as well surprised.

"I know right! I was so shocked." I said.

"Are you happy about it?" Alexa asked.

"Yes I'm excited, I hope it's a girl!" I said hopefully.

"I'd like to see Logan holding the baby." She chuckled.

"He'd probably drop it." I said and we both laughed.