25: James

By the angel this can't be happening, I thought to myself as I walked along side Cordelia, back to the Institute. This is not happening, this could not be happening.

Yes it is, that annoying voice in my head said. No, I couldn't like Cordelia. It just wasn't possible, she was almost like my sister. But yet, as I stole glances at her from the corner of eye, my heart was saying something different.

As I looked at Cordelia, I realized that she was very pretty. Her light red hair was falling on shoulders, and her dark brown eyes were looking down at her feet. I tore my eyes off her, and started to look straight ahead.

How was I falling for Cordelia? I loved Grace didn't I?

"Your father was acting strange, before Logan and I came here." Cordelia said.

"My father's always strange." I chuckled.

Cordelia smiled. "That's different. He seemed worried, and a little tense."

We then walked passed three men. They we wearing cloaks, and the mundanes seemed to be looking straight through them. They must be glamoured, and they were mumbling softly to each other. How strange, I thought.

"Daisy." I whispered to her. "Let's follow them."

She gave me a strange look, but she nodded her head. We walked just a bit behind the three strangers, but close enough to hear what they were saying.

"Five Shadowhunters then?" One of them asked.

"Yes, but they all have to be healthy. Tatiana doesn't want us to kill five sick ones." The other one replied.

Tatiana wanted these men to kill five Shadowhunters? Why? I thought.

"Why?" The other one asked.

"She wants to bring her dead son alive again." The other replied.

What? She wanted to bring Jesse back alive again? Necromancy was against the law. My father was right, Tatiana was truly mad.

"And nobody else knows about?" One of them asked.

"No. Only these filthy Shadowhunters behind us." the other growled.

Before I could process what was happening, the two of them flipped around. They were demons, but ones that I had never seen before. They had tentacles coming from their head, and claws for feet.

They growled at us. "Little filthy Nephilim, always getting into other people's business."

One then suddenly jumped toward me, and I had truly thought that I was going to die. Suddenly the demon exploded. I look over to my side, and Cordelia held her parasol in her hand, it was now a gleaming blade.

"I wouldn't step any closer, otherwise that will happen to you." She said defiantly.

Apparently that didn't faze them, because they both charged at us. One at Cordelia, and one at me. I quickly grabbed my seraph blade and mumbled "Cassiel" just in time to block the demon coming towards me.

The demon leaped at me a second time, and I quickly slashed at him. I injured it, and it fell to the side. I took advantage of this, and quickly stabbed it. It screamed out, and displeased back to the void. I looked over at Cordelia, who had just killed the one who had been going after her.

"We have to go tell my parents." I said hurriedly.

Cordelia and I ran all the way back to the Institute. We ran through the gates, and through the doors.

"Mom! Dad!" I shouted for them.

My parents appeared a minute later. Along with Matthew, Alexa, Scarlett, Lucie, Logan, Aunt Cecily and Uncle Gabriel Isabelle and Simon, and Clary and Jace. Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Henry were in Idris, because the Clave had called Aunt Charlotte because she was the Consul.

"What is it Jamie?" My mother asked worriedly.

"Cordelia and I were just at Hyde park and we ran into three men, they were actually demons, ones that I had never seen before. They were talking about how Tatiana Blackthorn wanted them to kill five Shadowhunters to bring her son back to life." I explained rushed.

"By the angel." Aunt Cecily said worriedly. "Are you two alright?"

"We're okay." Cordelia assured her.

"I'll go call Charlotte." My father said worriedly, and he left.

After everyone had cleared up, Lucie came up to me and Cordelia.

"I heard mom and dad talking about that yesterday." She said. "Dad said Tatiana will stop at nothing to bring Jesse back to life. Magnus said that we should all be careful, when we leave the Institute."

"So that's why your father was acting so strange earlier." Cordelia said.

"Does Magnus know what Shadowhunters she plans to kill?" I asked my sister.

"No. But I could tell that dad is worried about us. I think he thinks that Tatiana will try to go after us, because she hates father." Lucie said worriedly.

I frowned, this was worse than I had thought. Just then my dad walked in briskly, with everyone behind me.

"You all might want to go pack your things." He said.

"Why?" Cordelia asked.

"The Clave is calling us all to Idris." My father announced, and we all fell silent.

This can't be good, I thought to myself as I went to go pack my things.