23: Lucie

I walked around aimlessly, around the Institute. Cordelia had gone back to her house to see her parents for the day, so I was very bored. I could also not find James anywhere.

I walked past my parents room, and I was about to knock when I heard them talking and I changed my mind.

"She's as mad as a mouse trapped in a teapot, Tess." My father said.

Ah, their talking about Tatiana Blackthorn I thought to myself.

"Lurking about that mansion, with the girl who broke Jamie's heart." My father continued. "And now this?"

"Isn't necromancy against the law?" My mother asked.

"Yes it is. But Magnus said that she will stop at nothing to bring the boy back alive again." My father said.

Their talking about Jesse Blackthorn, I thought to myself. I hadn't thought about him in a few months, but my parents had now reminded me. I thought he was mystery, and I didn't think that he was actually dead. I know call me mad, but I just had a feeling.

"How does she plan to do it?" My mother asked.

"Well apparently she asked Magnus to go kill five Shadowhunters for her, but of course he said no. So she went and found another warlock who is willing to do the job. Magnus doesn't know which Shadowhunters they are, so he said for all of us to be very careful when we leave the Institute." My father explained, worriedly.

"We should warn Charlotte and the rest of the Clave." My mother said.

"Okay, let's go now." My father said.

I hurried away from their door, and down the corridor. Tatiana was trying to bring Jesse back from dead, by killing Shadowhunter's? My father was right, she really is mad. Though I could not imagine the pain she felt, after she had lost her son.

Suddenly I heard someone walking up the corridor I was walking in, and I looked up. There walked Anna Lightwood, my cousin. She was wearing simple pants and a shirt, and her red pendant necklace was hanging around her neck. She was dressed like a boy. The Clave had always disapproved of Anna fancying girls, but all of us were fine with it. Aunt Cecily and Uncle Gabriel had never minded it as well. They knew that, that was who she really was.

"Anna!" I exclaimed happily as I went up to hug her.

"Lucie." She said happily as she hugged me back.

Anna had always been my favourite cousin. She was also my only girl cousin, so naturally she was my favourite.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I came to see to see my mother and father." She said with a smile, her green eyes were bright.

"Do you know where they are?" Anna asked.

"Probably in the living room, with my parents." I said.

"Anna, what do you know about Jesse Blackthorn?" I asked her.

Anna looked a little surprised. "By the angel, now that's a name I haven't heard in years. He died at sixteen, didn't he?"

"Yes he did." I said.

"Other than that, I'm not sure. My father stopped talking to Aunt Tatiana a long time ago." Anna said.

"Okay." I said.

"Why?" She asked curiously.

I then explained to her that I had heard my parents talking him and Tatiana. When I was finished she said:

"By the angel necromancy? Isn't that against the law?" Her green eyes widened in surprise.

"It is. But she's obviously willing to risk getting punished by the Clave." I said.

"She's mad." Anna said. "No wonder my father and Uncle Gideon stopped talking to her. She hates all of us you know, your father especially."

"I know." I said. "My father says that she insists that isn't a Shadowhunter."

"My dad said that when they were growing up, his father never had her trained. Apparently now she has a ward to protect her. What's her ward's name?" Anna asked.

"Grace." I said bitterly, thinking of James.

"Does James fancy her?" She asked with a bit of a smirk.

"How do you know?" I asked surprised.

"I saw him and her at Hyde park once." She explained.

"She laughed in his face when he told her." I said angrily.

Anna frowned. "Poor Jamie. He shouldn't feel bad though, look at whose raising her. I don't think any of the Blackthorns are capable of expressing love."

"I wonder if Jesse was different." I found myself saying, suddenly.

Anna gave me a strange look, and I quickly changed the subject. We talked for about half an hour more, and then Anna left to go find her mother.

I walked to my room. It was about eight o'clock, and this was the time where I usually continued to write my book. I walked into my room, my clothes we scattered everywhere and my story was sitting on my desk.

I walked over to my desk, and read my story over. It was about a girl who goes to a strange place, and finds herself torn between two boys. Basically, it was the story of my mother's experience when she came to London.

I then decided to start writing a new story, and it would be about Jesse Blackthorn.