24: Cordelia

I sat in my room at the Institute, reading "Great Expectations". It had always been one of my favourite books. Thankfully, Aunt Tessa and Uncle Will had it in the library. Then again, they almost had every book in the library.

I closed the book, tired of reading, and sat on my bed. Lucie was out with Aunt Tessa, so I was left bored. I could go and find Scarlett or Alexa, but I was feeling very lazy. Just then there was a knock at my door.

I got up and opened it. There stood Logan. His green eyes lit up at the sight of me, and I blushed at that. Logan seemed to be very taken with me, and I didn't have the slightest idea why. I wasn't anything amazing, but apparently he thought so.

"Cordelia, would you like to take a walk with me?" He asked.

"Alright." I said, it wasn't like I had anything better to do.

We walked through the corridors, toward the front doors of the Institute. On the way there, we passed by Uncle Will. He smiled at us.

"Where are you two off to?" He asked us kindly.

"Just to take a walk." I explained.

"Be careful out there." Uncle Will said, his smile disappearing.

How odd, I thought. Uncle Will and Aunt Tessa had never warned us like this before. Was something wrong?

"We will." I said and Logan and I started to walk again.

"Cordelia." Uncle Will said, and I turned back around.

He had the slightest bit of a smirk on his face. "Where is James?"

I felt myself blush at the sound of James' name, and Uncle Will gave me an amused look. He knows, I thought, but how did he figure it out?

"I'm not sure." I finally said.

"Okay." Uncle Will said with a smirk, and then he left.

Logan and I returned to walking to the doors of the Institute. As we walked into the warm air of London, Logan spoke up.

"What was that all about?" He asked.

"I'm not sure. My uncle Will can be quite strange sometimes." I said, not lying about the last part.

Logan chuckled and so did I. We found ourselves at Blackfriars bridge. I always come here, I thought to myself.

"My sister and I got into an argument last night." Logan said suddenly.

"I take it, that you two do not get along very well?" I said.

"Nope, we don't." He sighed.

"What was the argument about?" I asked him.

"My mother is pregnant, and I just don't think that it's a good thing because my parents are already so busy running the Institute, and I just don't think they have time for another child. Scarlett thinks that it's the most wonderful thing in the world." Logan said frustratedly.

"Well maybe if you look at it differently, you could see that is a good thing." I said lightly.

Logan sighed. "Maybe."

I looked at him for a second. His blonde hair was falling into his eyes, and his expression was serious. He was quite attractive, and I could see myself fancying him. But I could never get over James.

"You know my brother and I fight all the time." I told him.

He turned to look at me. "Really, how could anyone fight with you?"

I flushed, and smiled. "He just annoys me so much, and he gets mad when I tell him stop."

Logan laughed a bit. "How old is he?"

"Nineteen. He teaches at the academy in Idris, so I don't really see him that much." I explained.

"Is it true that you like that Charles guy?" Logan asked me.

I burst out laughing. "By the angel, no."

"Oh." He said a bit relieved. "Who do you like then?"

"No one." I lied. "Who do you like?" I asked quickly.

He smirked. "I think you know that one, Cordelia."

I turned very red and smiled, while looking away from him. He then surprised me by taking his hand and turning my chin, to face him. His free eyes were shining, and he was leaning in. I found myself leaning in as well. By the angel, what is happening? I exclaimed in my mind.

Our lips were only centimetres apart, when I heard a voice.

"And just what is happening here?" A voice said, and we both sprang apart.

Matthew was standing behind us, smirking. Beside him stood James, he was wearing an expression that I couldn't quite place.

"Matthew." I snapped angrily. "What are you doing here?"

"I think the question is, what were you about to do here, Cordelia." He said with a smirk.

I glared at him, and Matthew looked at James and a look passed between them. A look that I could only describe as the Parabatai look.

"Logan! There's something I have to show you, come along this way." Matthew then exclaimed.

Logan looked at me with a grin, and then he walked away with Matthew. James and I, now stood here alone. Oh how embarrassing, he had almost seen me kiss Logan.

James came up beside me, and leaned against the ledge of the bridge. His eyes were focused on something in the distance. I said it every time, but by the angel he was beautiful.

"That was a close there, wasn't it." Janes said while turning to look at me.

I felt myself blush. It was, if Matthew hadn't of said something I would have kissed Matthew.

"He seems very taken with you." He said.

"He is." I said. "Though I cannot imagine why."

"Why do you say that?" James asked me curiously.

"Well it's just me. I'm not anything special. I'm just Cordelia." I said.

"Well 'just Cordelia' I happen to think you are very special." James said to with a smile.

This wasn't one of the fake smiles he had been doubt lately, this was a real smile. I felt my face heat up, and I looked away.

James' face then went serious. "Do you fancy him?"

"No I-" I then stopped.

Did I fancy him? I had just finished saying to myself that I wouldn't be able to get over James, but did I like Logan as well?

"I-I'm not sure." I said truthfully.

James just looked at me with a far way expression.

"We should go back." Was all he said.

We then started to walk back to the Institute. What just happened there? I thought to myself. But I reminded myself that this was Jamie, and that I would never know.