29: Cordelia

I walked around Idris the next day, with Lucie. She was talking about Tatiana and Jesse Blackthorn, but I wasn't able to pay much attention. I kept thinking about James.

He had almost begged aunt Charlotte to stop using the sword on me. And when I fainted, he was the first thing that I saw when I woke up. I had wondered why had been so adamant about making aunt Charlotte stop. It was probably only because I had looked like I was about to die.

"Cordy? Are you even listening?" Lucie asked me.

"Yes?" I said.

Lucie just smiled, and rolled her eyes at me. "James again?"

I blushed right away. "How did you know?"

"You always have this strange expression on your face, when you think of him." She chuckled.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, it's almost like your trying not to smile." She explained.

I just blushed again, and Lucie smirked at me.

"Jamie certainly jumped to your rescue yesterday." She said amused.

"I wouldn't say that..." I trailed off.

"Oh yes you would. He practically begged Aunt Charlotte to stop using the mortal sword on you." Lucie said, while smirking.

When she did that, I thought that looked a lot like uncle Will. Lucie looked like her mother usually, but sometimes when she made certain facial expressions she looked like her father.

"Oh stop teasing me Luce." I said while playfully hitting her on the arm.

We had reached the main square in Alicante, and there was a tower with a clock on it. There were people walking around, with shopping bags in their hands. It was quite strange to see Shadowhunters shopping.

"By the angel, is that the time?!" Lucie exclaimed.

"Why?" I asked her.

"I promise my father that I would help him with something. I'm sorry Cordy I have to go, I'll talk to you later?" She said.

"Okay." I said, and she left.

I decided to walk to the park. Surprisingly Alicante had one, and it was very beautiful. I had lived in Paris up until I was ten. That's when I moved to London. I had also lived here in Idris up until I was three, before my family had moved to Paris.

I sat down on one of the benches in the park. There weren't a lot of people around, only one or two here and there. I had always loved that about Idris, it's peace and no loud noises like how it was in London.

I then suddenly thought about the Shadowhunter Academy. That's where I had first met Lucie, James, and everyone else, but all our families had known each other already. I remembering seeing James for the first time:

FLASHBACK

"And that's my brother James." A twelve year old Lucie said to me.

I looked over to where she was pointing, and saw a boy. The boy had black hair, and shocking gold eyes. He was sitting with Matthew Fairchild, Christopher Lightwood, and Thomas Lightwood.

"Why does he have gold eyes?" I asked Lucie.

"My mother is a warlock, so he has a bit of her demon blood. We both do, but I do not have golden eyes." She explained.

How strange, I thought. I then looked away from James, but I couldn't ignore the odd feeling I had about him.

END OF FLASHBACK

Even then I had thought that he was beautiful. I remembered how James had to leave the academy, because he got bullied severely because of his demon blood. I also remembered how Lucie had cried when he had left.

When I had found out that my family and I were moving to London, I was ecstatic. I would be with Lucie, and I would get to know James better. Of course Alastair did not want to go, but for once he did not get his way.

I then thought about Alastair. I had talked to him after the Clave meeting yesterday, and for once he seemed concerned if I had been okay. That was the side of him, that I rarely ever saw.

"Cordelia?" A voice said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I turned my head, and saw Logan standing there. He was wearing a sweater, and what they called jeans. His blonde hair was blowing in the wind a bit.

"Logan, what are you doing here?" I asked him with a smile.

"I decided to go for a walk, and I found myself here." He explained, while taking a seat beside me on the bench.

"Are you okay? Yesterday at the meeting, you didn't look so good." Logan said.

I chuckled a bit. "Yes, I'm okay. The sword had taken all the energy out of me."

"I am surprised that James spoke up and asked Charlotte to take the sword away from you." He said.

"I am too." I said truthfully.

"I think he might like you." Logan said.

I laughed at that. "James does not like me. No one does."

"I don't think that's true." Logan said softly, while looking at me with a gentle smile.

I then blushed. Oh yeah, he fancied me. I think I might just the slightest bit, fancy him back. But it didn't matter, my heart had been always been set on James. It always had, and it will probably always be.

"I do not see how you could possibly fancy me." I said.

"How could I not?" He started. "You're beautiful, you're nice, and funny. You're strong too."

I blushed furiously. No one had ever said anything that sweet to me before.

"That can't be true." I said.

"It is Cordelia." Logan said, while long at me.

I then looked at him. His green eyes were staring into my brown ones. He was very attractive, and I felt myself being drawn to him. He was leaning closer, and so was I. Is this happening? I thought to myself.

Then our lips met. His lips were gently pressed on mine, and I could feel the heat radiating off him. This is amazing, I thought to myself hazily. My hands went around Logan's neck, and his hands went around my waist pressing me against him.

I then opened my eyes, and almost fainted with shock at what I saw. James was standing behind Logan, with a very shocked and hurt expression. I sprang apart from Logan. He looked confused for a second, but he then he saw James.

James cleared his throat. "I'm sorry." He said awkwardly.

He started to walk away, and I found my wanting to go after him. But for some reason, I didn't. Maybe it was because Logan was right here, or maybe because I was too embarrassed to face James after what he had just saw.

"That was embarrassing." Logan said while chuckling a bit.

"Quite." I said, while chuckling a bit.

But on the inside, my mind was racing. Why did James come here? And why on earth did he look so hurt?