27: Scarlett

"What I'm trying to say, is that I'm sorry Scarlett." Logan finally said after five minutes of him, dancing around the words.

"I'm sorry too Logan. I shouldn't have gotten so mad at you." I said.

We had finally apologized to each other about the fight we had gotten into, about out mom being pregnant. Logan then smiled devilishly, and I knew exactly what he was going to do.

"Logan don't you even-" I started.

But it was too late, Logan had his arms around me and he was hugging me. I laughed a bit, and reluctantly hugged him back. It had been along time since I had hugged him, and he was actually a really good hugger. I know, that was a pretty weird thought.

"Am I interrupting a sibling bonding moment?" A voice said from behind us.

We pulled away, and saw James standing there. He was smirking a bit, and his eyes were on me. I felt myself blush, and I looked away from him.

"Hey look it's your boyfriend, Scarlett." Logan teased me.

"Logan!" I whined.

"Okay, I'm sorry I'll stop." He said with a goofy grin.

James was just smiling amusedly, at the both of us.

"Can I speak with for a minute, Red?" James asked, using his nickname for me.

"Sure." I said, surprised.

"Red?" Logan asked confused.

"It's a long story." I said and James chuckled.

"Well anyways, have fun you two." Logan said and he then smirked at me, then left.

James I walked to the nearest bench, and sat down. I looked over at him: his celestial gold eyes were brighter than usual, and his expression was soft.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked him.

"You cannot tell anyone what I'm about to tell you." He said.

"Okay." I replied.

James then took a deep breath. "I think I fancy Cordelia."

"Really?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes yes, you mustn't tell anyone. Your the only one who knows." He said hurriedly.

"I won't, I promise. When did you figure it out?" I asked him.

"Yesterday. Matthew had told me the night before that she fancies me as well." James said, blushing a bit.

"Then what are you waiting for? Go tell her!" I said excitedly.

He sighed. "I still love Grace as well."

"You do?" I asked surprised.

"Yes. I know, call me mad." James said.

"Your not crazy. I know what it's like to love someone who broke your heart." I said bitterly.

"Is it hard for you being back here, and what after happened?" He asked quietly.

I sighed. "Yes, even though this isn't really the Idris that it happened in. I still see him everywhere."

"Have you tried to speak with him again?" James asked.

"Yes. But as soon as I picked up the phone, I wasn't able to it. Blake tried to call me lots of times, but I couldn't answer." I explained sadly.

"What is 'calling'?" He asked confusedly.

I laughed. "Well, really it's called a telephone. You can type someone's phone number in, and you can talk to them for anywhere in the world."

James looked astonished. "Really?"

I chuckled. "Yup."

"Also, what is a 'television'?" He asked.

"It's basically a device that lets you watch books, and shows. Actors act like the characters from a famous book, or play." I explained.

"Really?!" James exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah." I laughed.

"The future seems amazing." James said with a smile.

"It's pretty cool I guess." I said.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow's meeting?" I asked him.

"A bit, but aunt Charlotte will be asking me the questions so I'm not too worried." He said.

"Whose Jesse Blackthorn?" I asked confused.

"He's Tatiana Blackthorn's-Grace's adoptive mother- real son." James explained. "He died when he was sixteen, he had always been very sickly."

"Oh that's horrible." I said.

"Yes it is, I think that was what drove Tatiana truly mad. Lucie believes though, that Jesse is still alive." He said.

"Do you think so?" I asked him.

He chuckled a bit. "No. If he was, why would Tatiana be going through all this trouble to bring him back?"

I thought about it for a second. "That's true."

"From my experience with them, Blackthorn's are heartless." James said coldly.

I frowned bitterly. "You can say that again."