22: Scarlett

I slipped out of the Institute doors, angrily. It was about midnight but I could not sleep, and whose fault was that? You guessed it. Logan's. We had just gotten into a fight.

I didn't know what had been going on with us lately. We had been getting into fights everyday, and I hated it. He just pushed my buttons, and he would bug me about the stupidest things.

"Are you okay there?" Jessamine said floating in front of me.

"No." I said angrily. "I just got into a fight with my brother."

"Oh." She said sympathetically.

"He just doesn't get anything! And he's always making sarcastic comments, and he always bugs me." I exclaimed frustrated.

"You know Will and I used to fight like that. I used to hate him." Jessamine said.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"I realized that he wasn't all just sarcastic, and rude. He was also quite nice, though back then I could never have admitted it." She chuckled a bit.

"Anyways good luck with your brother." Jessamine said, and then she disappeared.

I walked angrily through the gates of the Institute. I didn't know where was I going, and I didn't care. I just needed to get away from here. I had glamoured myself, so the mundanes wouldn't see me

Logan was so infuriating! He could never leave me alone. This time we fought about how mom was pregnant. He thought that is was bad that she was pregnant, because my parents were already so busy with the Institute and they already have three kids. I argued saying that it was their decision, and that we should be happy for them.

Logan then proceeded to insult me. Saying that I was too in love with James to care (he had been bringing that up a lot lately). I then told him that he was making too big of a deal of it. Poor Austin just sat there silently, listening to our fighting.

I looked up, and realized that I was standing on some bridge. Blackfriars bridge, I thought it was called. I was completely lost, I looked around panicked, there was no one else on the bridge.

Good going Scarlett, I thought to myself. I couldn't even use my phone to call Alexa, because phones didn't work here. Speaking of Alexa, her and Matthew had finally told each other their feelings and they were dating. I was so happy for them!

I then suddenly thought about him. My heart dropped a bit, at the thought of him. It had been a year, how hadn't I gotten over him yet?

"Fancy seeing you here." A voice said, and I whipped around surprised.

James stood there, in his coat. He was smirking at me a bit, and I felt my heart flutter. He was really attractive, but he knew that I liked him-thanks to my idiot brother- and this would be very awkward.

"Can't sleep?" I asked.

"Nope." He said and he came and stood beside me, leaning on the edge of the bridge.

"Auntie Jessamine told me you were upset when I left, what's wrong?" James asked me.

"Logan and I got into a argument." I mumbled bitterly.

"What about?" He asked gently.

"My mother is pregnant, and he thinks that it's horrible. Whereas I think it's great." I explained.

"You two fight a lot don't you?" James asked a little bit amused.

I chuckled. "Yeah we do. Do you and Lucie argue a lot?"