26: Alexa

I held Matthew's hand, as Aunt Clary drew a portal to Idris. We were all standing in what the Londoners called the 'Drawing room'. I looked at Aunt Clary as she drew the portal. Her face was bent in concentration, as the lines flew from her stele.

She was also getting a little big. She had a baby bump, and she had gained a little bit of weight. I looked over at my mother. She was holding my father's hand, and she was talking to Uncle Jace. I thought I looked like my mother way more than my father.

Aunt Clary had finished drawing the portal, and I took a deep breath.

"Are you nervous?" Matthew asked me with a smile.

"No." I said with a smile. I strangely liked going through portals.

After Christopher, Austin, Scarlett, and Matthew had gone though, it was my turn. I took a deep breath and stepped through the portal. I felt the familiar sensation of falling through water, and then I was in Idris.

It was exactly how I remembered it, but yet it wasn't at the same time. Everything seemed way more old, but nevertheless it was just as beautiful. I looked ahead and saw Scarlett, Austin, Christopher, and Matthew. Just then Matthew's parents and his brother, walked up.

"Matty." Charlotte said while smiling at her son.

"Mom, dad." Matthew said happily, and went and hugged them.

He then awkwardly shook Charles's hand. Like Matthew, Charles was quite attractive. By then everyone had come through the portal. We then all walked to houses we would be living in temporarily. My family and I got a house beside Scarlett's and Lucie's.

"Mom, when is the Clave meeting about Tatiana?" I asked.

"Tomorrow." She replied.

"Will Scarlett and I, and all the other kids be able to go?" I asked.

All of us were still under eighteen, except for Max and Logan, so we weren't considered adults yet. So that meant that we might not be allowed to come to the meeting.

"Well James and Cordelia will have to go, because they saw what happened. I thought I heard Charlotte saying that she'll make a special exception for you all." My mother said.

Yes! I thought, I really wanted to go. Just then there was a knock at our door. I opened it to see Scarlett standing there.

"Want to go for a walk?" She asked.

"Sure." I said with a smile.

I told my mother that I was leaving, and we left. As we walked I looked around us, everything was different but yet the same. I looked over Scarlett, who seemed like she was trying not to look around.

"Isn't it beautiful here?" I said to her.

"It's nice." She said simply.

I then remembered this was where the whole thing happened with Blake Blackthorn.

"Oh I'm sorry Scarlett, I totally forgot." I admitted.

She forced a smile. "It's okay Lex, I'm over it anyways."

We both knew she wasn't, but I didn't say anything. We reached a bridge over a canal, and we stopped there. There wasn't anything spectacular about the view, it was just water and boats. But somehow it still looked beautiful. Idris had the power to make anything look beautiful.

Suddenly Logan walked up to us. "Scarlett, can I talk to you?" He asked.

Scarlett seemed a bit annoyed, but she agreed.

"I'll talk you later." She said to me, and they left.

I stood alone on the canal, but I didn't mind. I hadn't had any alone time since we had gotten here, to the past.

"The view's beautiful isn't it?" A voice said from behind.

My mother walked up beside me. She was smiling slightly, and her long black hair was down.

"It is." I said.

"You know on this very bridge, your father asked me to marry him." She said with a smile.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes I remember it, like it was yesterday." My mother said, a little dreamily.

I then suddenly thought of Matthew. These past few days we had basically been together 24/7. He was so funny and nice, and I had fallen more in love with him than before.

"I wanted to ask you something." My mom said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Are you and Matthew dating by any chance?" She asked with a smirk.

I immediately blushed furiously.

"Yes." I mumbled.

"Oh sweetie! That's adorable." My mother cooed.

I just laughed and turned very red.

"I also heard, that Scarlett had a crush on James." She said.

"From who?" I asked, surprised.

"Clary. Apparently Logan will not stop bugging her about it. I swear that boy is just like Jace." She chuckled.

"I'm pretty sure that Cordelia likes James as well." I said.

"They ended up marrying each other." My mother said quietly.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Shh you can't tell anyone." My mother said, while laughing.

Speaking of James, he had just walked up to my mother and I.

"Alexa, have you seen Scarlett?" He asked me.

"She went with Logan that way." I said pointing behind to my mother.

"Ok thanks." He flashed me a smile, and then he left.

"I wonder why he wants to find her." I said.

"Oh who knows, all the Herondales are a bit strange." My mother chuckled.

I chuckled as well. "I won't argue with that."