Chapter 8

Sidneet came back in society. Avu saw Jai near food stalls with Abhi. Jai waved his hand and called her.

Jai: Kaha chali gayi thi? Kabse doond raha hu? Kahi dikh hi nhi rahi thi

Avu: Hnn wo mein to bass pandal mein gayi thi dekhne ki mandir kaisa lag raha hai

Jai felt she was hiding something but let it be.

Jai: Achha okk. But kuch problem ho to tell me. Mein yahi hu. Aur ab zyada door nhi jana

Avu: Bhayia ab mein bachi thodi hu. Apna dhyaan to rakh sakti hu ab mein

Jai: Hnn hnn pata hai

He said sarcastically to which Avu whinned. Avu went to eat stalls with girls of her age in society. Abhijeet were checking if everything is alright. Sid was helping pandit jii in pooja preparation.

Sid: Pandit jii kuch aur chahie?

Pandit: Nhi beta bass ho gya. Bass kuch bade log aa jaye to pooja shuru karte hai

Sid: Okk pandit jii

He then went to food stall and was eating like kids. Avu saw him and unknowingly smiled and shooked her head. She awwwed at him mentally as he was looking really cute.

Meanwhile Aman and Sonia came. Aman greeted male members.

Aman: Karwaye shuru pooja

Sm1: Hnji bass thodi der mein karwate hai ladies khane wali side hai

Aman nodded. While Sonia saw Abhijeet together and made a face.

Sonia: Ye har time mere bete ke saath chipka rehta hai huh!!!

She ignored for now and went to the ladies. In few minutes, Ram and Vibha also came. Ram went towards males and Vibha went to talk to females. Sonia started flaunting about her saree as soon as she saw Vibha.

Sonia: Imported saree hai. Aap work to dekhie

They continued exaggerating their clothes quality and prices while other ladies were silently laughing.

Vibha: Waise hamne to iss baar jaagran walo ko poore 5100 rupaye die hai

Sonia: Arre wah humne to 11000 dia hai

Vibha: Kyu aapki beti ki shaadi hai?

Sonia: Beti ki shaadi hogi to duniya ko dikha denge beti ki shaadi kya hoti hai. Poora dil khol kar kharcha karenge. Abhi to mata rani ke darbaar mein chadaye hai

Males called them to go for pooja. Vibha and Sonia went glaring at each other. Everyone sat down for pooja. Elders sat in front with their life partners while children sat at back. Pandit jii started pooja.

Sid was continously teasing Avu as she was sitting in front of him. Once he poked her shoulder and when she looked back, he quitely sat joining his hands and closing his eyes like a good kid. She turned back and after few minutes he pulled her hair. She glared at him although he was again sitting in same pose but she knew who was doing this. She pinched his foot. He opened his eyes and bit his lip to stop the scream coming out from his mouth. Both glared at each other. Pooja got completed like this.

Everyone did aarti and went for dinner. After that all came back in pandal and enjoyed jagran whole night. Early morning, they did aarti and kanya poojan and everyone took parsad.

In morning, they did breakfast. Children firstly served food to elders and then ate theirs. Then everyone went home and took rest as it was Sunday.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter