Why Moonlight shouldn't be taken lightly

Wattreader7389
GachaEvery
RoseTheMagicalFlower
rosechuck_chuck
ReptileEdge

Warning: the following excerpt contains violent, scary, gory and scary imagery within the text, as well as pet death, which means if you're sensitive to animals dying, please read this carefully.

Spoilers to Steven Universe Arkham Edition.

Okay, I know this title can sound confusing, because of the little Moonlight shorts I did on here, and on any other story I've written her in, but you're about to find out something I recently just learned about my own character. During the time I've written this, I recently woke up from a nightmare that I can't stop thinking about, and I'm fighting off the urge to go back to sleep, because I'm scared of facing it again. You can probably infer that I had a nightmare about Moonlight, which is exactly what happened.

I know it sounds a bit cliche that I had a nightmare about Moonlight, because many authors and content creators could dream of their characters interacting with them, but this is the truth, and it still bothered me. What happened in my nightmare? Well, I'm about to tell you.

I was in my living room, watching the news on the TV, which is hardly accurate because I rarely ever watch the news on TV, but rather my phone, but I didn't question it for some reason. The news was reporting on several car accidents with people crippled or fatally wounded, with their fenders and bumpers badly damaged like they ran into brick walls. I felt bad for the poor people who lost their loved ones from the car wrecks, but my sorrow was replaced with terror soon after. 

My eyes suddenly closed tightly shut, unable to open and this caused me to panic. My eyes felt glued shut and it only took four fingers on each of my hands to pry only one eyelid open by a mere half inch and then it subsequently closed again, being even more difficult to open by force. I heard banging, like someone pounding on the wall, and then I heard someone scream, but I did not recognize the voice.

Along with the screaming, came with the sound of bones cracking/breaking, that's what I think it was, it could've been anything. The screaming stopped and I was able to open my eyes again. When I did, I saw... her...

It was Moonlight, but she did not look accurate to how she canonically appeared. She was tall, but not buff in bulk or scrawny, she just looked like a tall pale woman. I think she was wearing a wedding dress or just a white t-shirt that draped over her pelvis. 

Her face was the second most intimidating feature I saw, you'll know the first one in a moment. Her eyes weren't human-like or even with the purple pupils, just soulless black with no white dots as pupils. Her mouth didn't even look like a person's mouth with sharp teeth, it looked like her teeth were growing out of her gums and she had no lips. Her teeth looked bone dry and each tooth was unique in their own way because the size and detail on them were different. 

Her hair looked like someone grabbed onto it and yanked on it, which possibly explained why it wasn't big or long. It wouldn't surprise me if she did it to herself. And I finally discovered why I heard screaming. 

She was holding one of my cats in her right hand, all five fingers had penetrated my cat's body and blood was coated around the punctured areas, my cat's fur and Moonlight's wrists. There was dead silence between me and Moonlight, I wanted to scream but I couldn't find it in myself to actually scream. My eyes watered, out of fear and anguish for my cat's death. 

And then she used her left hand to pull my cat off her fingers and dropped her like she was a plush doll. And then she walked over to me, reaching out for me. And then I shot up awake. 

Why am I telling you this? Because the scary thought occurred to me. Moonlight COULD do all of that if she existed in real life, whether as a gem or science experiment gone wrong. 

Moonlight could stand in the middle of the road and allow cars to attempt to run her over, only to break the cars themselves. Moonlight could bust down any door on Earth with a few pounds or one good kick. And Moonlight could just kill my cat just by squeezing her fingers through her.

God knows what Moonlight was going to do to me if I stayed in my nightmare longer. Anyway, it's also worth noting that in this particular universe of Moonlight, and some others like my Steven Universe AU Series, Moonlight CAN kill Steven Universe if she really tried hard enough. But that will be a different topic to discuss. 

This nightmare, if anything, was a sign that I should probably take Moonlight more seriously than I did before. I'm sure as of the recent chapters that contained her, you could tell she's not very threatening, until you read her bio and remember the things she can and can't do. 

So, what do you guys think? Comment down below how you feel about Moonlight after hearing my taste of reality sinking in to how much of a threat Moonlight would be if she existed in our world, especially her human versions like my Moonlight novel.

12/23/2022