Why Arkham White Is Best White

Spoilers to Steven Universe Arkham Edition.

VIPs:

Wattreader7389
GachaEvery
RoseTheMagicalFlower
AbelardoGuajardoG

Requested by Wattreader7389

I had so many titles in mind, like:

Why Momma White Is Best White, but it's kind of vague.

So then I thought of:

Why Arkham White Diamond is Best White Diamond, but that would be too long.

So then I settled with, "Why Arkham White Is Best White."

Because it's a mix of both titles.

This awfully sounds similar to my Spinel Analysis, "Why Arkham Spinel Is Better Than Canon Spinel," except we're not talking about the villainess side of White Diamond.

Arkham White is a very special variation of White Diamond because of her devotion to redemption. I know that Canon White would never dress up like Batman-wannabe, but that's the thing about Arkham Edition.

It takes all the characters we know and love and take a unique spin on them. Look at Steven, for example.

The Canon series started Steven off as a happy-go-lucky kid who was in his mother's shadow. Meanwhile Arkham Steven started off as a trooper ready for a fight.

Canon Spinel started off a generic villain with a good backstory. Arkham Spinel started off the same, but with big brain added to her set of skills.

Arkham Rose The Flower became... bad.

Basically, lots of characters have a change in their character in this universe. Canon White is such an easy and hard character to understand and write accurately. 

The easy bit is recognizing her personality, the hard bit is predicting how she acts.

That's truly a tall order for me to do for any character, 'cause I try to write characters accurately (unless they're original characters, whose actions are always accurate). 

But when I did Arkham Edition, I never quite have to worry about going far off their source material when it's intentionally meant to be different. 

Anyway, what's the point of this analysis? Well, I'm mostly going to dive into Arkham White's development and, of course, the legendary trend that occurred in Arkham Edition.

#MommaWhiteIsBestWhite

Unlike in most interpretations of White Diamond, where she's an aunt/grandma to Steven, she's a mother figure to Steven and several other characters in Arkham Edition. And I can tell that half of the fans in Steven Universe would be detested at the fact that this:

 And I can tell that half of the fans in Steven Universe would be detested at the fact that this: