Chapter 9 What Will Become Of Us...

A/N: This Chapter Has A Bit Of Language In It.
Now You Know. 👣👣👣

Boe sat in the hall way between the Pediatric and Intensive care; basically the lounge. Kadsey had left long ago to take care of his dad. Jessie was sleeping, and they say she'd be like that for awhile. Molly and Emily were fine; just a week or so premature. Boe sat, slowly letting all the tears fall down her face. Not a word escaped her lips, but the constant thought of, "This is all my fault." rang in her head.
The phones were constantly ringing and the noise seemed endless; not like the movies. Boe had never been in the hospital; for check-ups she went to a small clinic where Ryan used to work. She got up and walked toward Jessie's room and sat down on the floor. The tile was soft, but cold.
"Molly-Molly why so sad?" Boe sang
"Baby-Baby don't be mad. Love-Love is something we can't see. Love you-Love you 'till the end of me." Boe continued, remembering the small song that Jessie sung Molly when she was upset. She sang it over and over as she inched closer to Jessie's bed. When she had finished, she grabbed Jessie's hand and held it tight.
"I love you, mom." Boe whispered, trying to keep back the rest of the tears.
"Boe Lydia Wilson?" Asked a strange voice.
Boe whipped around and saw a nurse, "Yes?"
"A, Mrs.Molly Wilson wants to see you. She thought you'd be here." She informed.
"Yea."
"Would you like to see her?"
"Um, yea. I'll be there in a second." Boe replied, wiping the tears from her face. She squeezed Jessie's hand once more; afraid to let go. She soon kissed her mother on the head and whispered a sweet "I love you." before walking to the Molly's room.
When she entered, she saw Molly smiling doe-eyed at a little bundle. Boe scowled; she didn't know why, but she felt like Molly was using the baby as an excuse for not being sad about Jessie. She may never wake up. This is what scared her the most. There were so many words unsaid, so many memories unlived; she just wanted more time.
"Boe. You are alright?" Molly inquired.
"Yep." Boe replied.
"You aren't mad at me, are you?" Molly asked, her smile begging for forgiveness.
"Nope--" Boe started before Molly began again.
"So I found you this camp. It is pretty nice. It is for girls like you."
"Camp? Girls like me?" Boe inquired.
"Yes, a camp for sexually confused girls." Molly admired.
"And have you asked Jessie about this?" Boe asked, ready to explode.
"Well, no; but I thought--" Molly started before Boe exploded.
"No? No? You know what? Screw you, Molly! Jessie never loved you; you were a mistake. Jessie said so herself. I'm not confused! I know what I want! I know who I am and who I love! And I sure as hell don't love this new baby or you as much as I love Jessie!"
"Boe Lydia Wilson! I carried you! I'm your mother. I--" Molly tried before Boe continued,
"Yes, and that is all you are; my mother. You've never been my mom. When I was a baby, who spoiled me with dozens of hugs and kisses and lullabies? It sure as hell wasn't you!"
"But I carried you. I did the important things! I fed you, changed you, made sure you did your homework--!"
"Yes, and that is all you did! You never loved me. I was an obligation; you never thought it through!"
"Boe, I love you, but you are waking the baby."
"Screw the baby! All she is is an excuse. You've had all this time to see Jessie; she could die! Bit you've been here claiming that you have to, "take care of the baby". You are a bitch!" Boe shouted just as a rush of doctors went through the hallway.
Boe followed them with a bad feeling, but they rushed past Jessie's room. Boe looked in and saw Jessie sitting up and talking to the doctor. He seemed to be testing her pupils, so Boe slowly walked behind him.
"Mom?" Boe asked, afraid to wake, in case this was a dream.
"Hey baby." Jessie answered with a smile. Boe didn't hesitate; she jumped on the bed and Jessie held her there for a moment.
"Where is Molly?" Jessie asked, her voice dropping into a bit of sorrow.
"Oh. Well, she went into labor when you started seizing. She had the baby. It is a girl."
"Can I see her?"
"I don't know if Molly will let you..."
"Oh, well, what is her name?"
"Emily Jo Wilson."
"We decided on Emerson Jo. We would call her Em, or Emma, or Jo."
"Well, she is okay."
"How is Molly?"
"She is... Molly. She wants to send me to a camp for sexually confused girls; and she hasn't come to see you."
"I'll talk to her; she wouldn't send you anywhere. It's okay that she hasn't seen me, I guess."
"I also, sorta, blew up on her."
"Boe? Why?"
"Because she was being cruel."
"I don't care. She is you mother, and no matter what she says, she loves you."
"Are you sure?"
"Of course I am. Now please, go get Molly and Emily." Jessie stated calmly, but her eyes shook with fear and begged for the sight of her new baby girl.
"Yea. I'll go get her." Boe replied just the same, but with a hint of longing for her mothers love again.
She walked over to Pediatrics and asked Molly if she would see Jessie, and Molly quickly got up and got dressed before signing herself out and heading toward Jessie's room; giving nothing but a steady glare and silence to Boe. She watched from the hall as Molly kissed Jessie and wrapped her in a loving embrace; but Boe saw regret and sorrow in Jessie's eyes. All of that disappeared when Molly brought Emily into the room.
Jessie's face erupted with joy when she held her. She stared down at Emily; her pink skin, intense brown eyes, and soft little red curls. Boe sat in wonder at what this meant. She believed that she was Jessie's baby girl, and that no one could replace her; she felt wronged.
"Hey you." Kadsey whispered as he leaned in to kiss Boe's neck.
"Hey." She replied softly before a wave of memory engulfed her.

You aren't his first.
You won't be his last.
Liz changed him.
There is something inside you; something different.

The old man's voice rang in her ears, reminding her that this love couldn't last much longer. She was pulled from thought by Kadsey's voice,
"--Go to dinner at that old diner."
"Sorry. I dazed out for a second. I'm here now, though." She assured him.
"That's alright; it's good to daydream. I was asking if you'd like to get dinner over at the old diner across the street, you know, since your moms are in the hospital." Kadsey offered again.
"Yes. I'd love to." Boe answered, looking over at her moms, smiling down at Emily; they wouldn't miss her.
"Great! Follow me." Kadsey instructed.
Boe followed him through the hospital and to the diner. When they entered, she was greeted by the smell of french toast; reminding her of Noah.
The diner was bright and extremely old school. With red and white booths and a jukebox in the corner, she was sure she had stepped back into another time. Kadsey picked a seat near the window and smiled at Boe for a minute before getting up. Boe was too lost in thought to notice his absence. One phrase from the old man rang loudly in her mind;

There is something inside you; something different.

She was pulled from this thought when her favorite song began to play; Bright by Echosmith. She smiled as Kadsey walked back over to the table, holding two coffees.
"What is this?" She inquired.
"Coffee; one cream, two sugars. It's what you get everytime." Kadsey replied in a whisper. Boe tried to resist, claim she wasn't in the mood, but his iridescent eyes charmed her.
"Why are you whispering?" She inquired playfully.
"Why are you whispering?" He replied softly, brushing his lips across hers; but only for a moment as if to temp her into more.
In that moment, Boe felt the weight of a stern gaze on her. She turned around and realized that this was an old diner; heterosexuality was a worse sin than murder to these people. Nearly the whole diner was staring her down, yet Kadsey seemed unfazed.
"We have to get out of here." Boe whispered harshly.
"Why are you whisper--" Kadsey tried.
"Not funny. Seriously, we have to get out of here." Boe whispered again, her voice coated in worry.
Kadsey stood up and helped Boe out of the booth before wrapping his arms around her and lifting her up. She didn't squirm as she carried out of the diner like a bride; singing Bright as they left. She began to cry; this couldn't be real, love like this was meant for children's books. He leaned down and kissed her forehead; whispering a soft, "I love you." as he put her down. She wiped away her tears and kissed him; his breath tasted like spearmint gum and his heartbeat was a reassuring thump-thump. She then cowered from her boldness and blushed toward the sidewalk. Kadsey lifted her chin and she looked into his eyes which now were blue with floating specks of gold.
"I want to love you; forever. You are like coming up for air; smooth, sweet, but also relieving. I feel like I've been drowning, and you've saved me. Boe, I don't care what others think; fuck them. I choose you. I need you. I love..." He paused, looking up toward the stars, "you." He finished, his features enhanced under the streetlight.
"I love you, too." Boe replied, promising the rest of whatever time they had left.
"Come on; Let's go." Kadsey instructed as he ran freely across the street. Boe followed.

And for what it's worth, she heard the city's noises fade away with Kadsey's screams.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey! Sorry for the quick update! (I guess some people don't like that.) But it just kept flowing and I have a feeling this is going to be great. :)
📖 Happy Reading 📚
📝 Happy Writing 📓