Chapter 3

"Not possible!"

Nunew looked at the test strips with a broken heart, reassuring himself that there must be something wrong with this test strip, so the results were inaccurate.

But when he used all the test strips and looked at the two bars in a row of a dozen test strips in front of him, Nunew could not convince himself that there was something wrong with all these test strips. “How is this possible, clearly it didn’t……could Zee be the son of heaven?”

Outside, it was a beautiful spring day, but Nunew was sweating like a thunderstorm, he was actually pregnant with Zee’s child.

Zee’s words of overconfidence at the beginning were still ringing in his ears, but he didn’t expect the reality to hit him hard on the head so soon, making him dizzy and breathless. In his shock, he remembered to destroy the test strips, only they could disappear, but the baby in his belly could not.

He looked at his stomach with trembling hands, unable to believe that there was now a life in it, not yet formed, but indeed already there.

The first thought that came to Nunew’s mind was to abort it, if Zee found out about it, he would definitely kill him. Instead of killing one body and two lives, it’s better to get rid of it before it takes shape.

But if he had to go to the hospital, the news that he was pregnant would get out, and Zee would definitely suspect him when he finds out about it. How could he explain that he had only slept with Zee on impulse that night?

Nunew propped his elbows on his knees and scratched his hair in annoyance and only after a long time did he make up his mind.

Since either way was to be killed by Zee, he would keep this child. No matter what, it was also his child.

At most he can just appear less in front of outsiders in the future and after a few months, he will change a location to raise the baby until it is born and then come back. When the time comes, he will say that it was entrusted to him. At that time, even if Zee is suspicious, the raw rice is already cooked, what can he do?

After thinking about it, the depression in Nunew’s heart dissipated a lot and he was a little excited.

Doesn’t Zee like to go against him and suppress him everywhere, now he has Zee’s child in his hands, the more Zee does not want to do things, the more he will purposely do it.

It’s just that the family is not easy to fool, Nunew thought for a long time and decided to start with his older brother who is the easiest to talk to. He knew very well that even his older brother would not easily believe his bullshit, and if he said it face to face, he’s afraid he would be taken to the hospital immediately, so he had to call first to test the waters. While he still had the guts, Nunew dialled Max number.

“Nunew, what’s wrong?” There was a bit of noise on the phone, P'Max seemed to be busy, after a while the surrounding area quietened down, it seems like he deliberately walked to another place.

He had been spoiled by his older brother since he was a child and he was sure that his older brother had no temper, so he would always ask his older brother to help cover up for him when he committed anything.

He didn’t want to make P'Max angry, but he couldn’t think of a second person who could help him in this matter other than P'Max. “I’m pregnant.”

Nunew waited with bated breath for his older brother’s reaction, his heart jumping like he was keeping a bunch of drunken rabbits in it that he had to grab the clothes on his chest, only when he felt like he was about to lose his breath did his older brother a hard breath: “What did you say?”

“I……” He felt terrible in his heart, tears rolled down his face in a continuously. Fearing that his older brother would hear him, he choked his throat and dared not cry out.

Max settled down and said, “Are you at home?

"P'……"

“Wait for me at your house, we’ll talk when we meet up.”

Nunew wiped away his tears and sat on the blanket laid on the floor, leaning back on the sofa. His face hanging down between his knees, thinking that he had really gone too far this time. If later on, P'Max wanted to scold him and beat him, he would admit it, he won’t resist at all. If P'Max strongly disagrees that he should keep the baby, he would……listen to P'Max.

Nunew came quickly and when he entered, Nunew’s eyes were still red, sitting in the corner and looking up at him.

In Max eyes, his brother was a poor little kid who had been cheated on emotionally and physically by a scumbag and didn’t know what to do so he asked him for help. Especially his appearance of cowering there crying in a pathetic way, an arrow pierced his heart making his heart ache.

“Get up, why are you sitting on the floor when you’re pregnant?” Max pulled him to sit on the sofa: “Tell P', which scumbag bullied you? You don’t have to be afraid, P' will help you get justice. As for this child, if you don’t want it, abort it, if you want it, keep it, from now on it will be a member of our family.”

Nunew was a bit confused, he was just thinking about how to explain to P'Max, but P'Max had already filled in the plot on his own.

“I don’t know who it is either.” Nunew said vaguely.

Max froze, “Don’t know who it is……could it be he used a false identity to trick you and then run away, and you investigated but didn’t find out?”

“……Umm.” Yes, that’s right, it could be put that way, except that the story needed to be turned upside down and the one who couldn’t be traced was actually Nunew.  

TBC