Chapter 8

Nunew’s emotions came and went as quickly as the rain in June and when he came back to his senses, he began to feel ashamed, lying on his bed and pulling the covers.

He had almost cried in front of Zee, it was so humiliating! But now his tear ducts didn’t seem to be under his control, he wanted to cry at every turn.

He had heard people say ‘once pregnant, silly for three years’, he wouldn’t start being silly now, would he?

He felt that he had better leave soon, the longer he delayed the more dangerous it would be, except that Grandfather's birthday was coming up and he hadn’t told him about his pregnancy, but he wanted to let Grandfather see himself on behalf of his mother.

The place he will be going to has already been chosen and Max had planned it out for him: “The transportation is convenient and it is medically developed, you take two family doctors with you, I’ll arrange the house and servants, your older sister and I will visit you often when we have time.”

“You don’t have to visit me all the time, what if it arouses suspicion? Just tell the public that I’ve gone on a trip around the world.”

Max was a bit suspicious: “Suspicion? Suspicion of what?”

Nunew realised that he had almost let his mouth slip and hurriedly rounded up the situation: “The family doesn’t have many business dealings there, you and P' going too often will attract the attention of those who are interested and may even follow the trail and threaten my safety.”

There was some truth to this, and Max nodded without dwelling on Nunew’s words: “Then bring a few more bodyguards with you.”

Only after everything was finalised did Max look at Nunew with some despondency: “You’ve never been out alone for so long in your life, never mind your Dad and I. Your sister is tough on her words, but she’s actually very worried too.”

“I know,” Nunew smiled, “yesterday P' even secretly gave me a card.” It was a card from the local bank, Nuchy had done it in advance and deposited enough money in it, throwing it to Nunew as if she didn’t care, but it was heavy in Nunew’s hand.

He had planned to leave the day after his Grandfather’s birthday and had packed only one suitcase with all his clothes and supplies while the rest of his things had already been prepared.

Nunew was both nervous and excited but the closer he got to the date, the reluctance in his heart began to increase.

He found that he seemed to be too sentimental and things that he had never felt sad about before were now suddenly magnified. Even when he looked at his grandfather’s white hair on his birthday, he couldn’t help but feel his eyes burning.

When his mother passed away, Grandfather was also very sad. Half of his hair was white at that time. Nunew’s eyes looked the most like his mother and Grandpa always looked at him with very loving eyes, as if he was looking through him at the little girl who had been held in the palm of his hand.

Nunew’s heart ached for his grandfather after he understood, but he didn’t dare to spend much time in front of him, for fear that he would remember something sad when he saw himself.

Nunew turned his head away, fearing that it was unlucky to shed tears on a good day but when he wasn’t paying attention, he ran into the waiter who was serving the wine, spilling several glasses of wine on the tray all over him and all the guests around him looked over.

On formal occasions, the clothes he wears are not loose, so the wet clothes immediately stuck to his body and Nunew subconsciously raises his hand to cover up.

Max saw the situation and was walking towards him from halfway across the banquet hall but a jacket fell into Nunew’s arms.

“Thanks.” He grabbed the jacket and looked up and unexpectedly saw Zee.

Zee rarely did not say anything unpleasant: “Go and change.”

Looking at Nunew go upstairs, Zee discovered that he had just handed out his jacket for unknown reasons. Maybe it was to look after an Omega with wet clothes, or maybe it was because of the flash of panic on Nunew’s face.

Nunew arrived at his destination in the evening of the second day and his mood obviously brightened up at the moment of the plane taking off.

When he unpacked his luggage in the new house, he found that he had brought Zee’s jacket with him.

Originally, he wanted people to wash it and return it. After thinking about it, Zee probably didn’t care about a used jacket and finally, he had people send him a new jacket.

This jacket still has the smell of Zee’s pheromones and Nunew put it under his nose and sniffed it.

Once upon a time, he hated this smell the most. When he smelled it, he remembered Zee’s suppression of him, but now it strangely smoothed the discomfort in his stomach. Nunew simply hung it in the room.

TBC