Chapter 9

During Nunew’s absence, there was a minor accident at the company.

Someone in the management wanted to steal company secrets to pass outside, he did it carefully and originally would not have been revealed but unfortunately, fell into the hands of Poppy.

After Poppy thought about it, he still decided to report this to Zee: “Seems like he lost at gambling and lost all his family property so in desperation, he intended to get the money and run away. The matter has been handed over to the Chawarin family.”

Zee took a careful look at the person’s investigation information and nodded: “What did the Chawarin family say?”

“This matter was solved by Max, President Nunew, Young Master Nunew…seems to be out of the country.”

Zee flipped the pages and raised his head: “Not in the country?”

“I heard it was to travel.”

“Where to?”

He seemed a bit too concerned, but Poppy didn’t notice: “Travel around the world.”

“I got it, you go back to work.”

He had seen him at his grandfather’s birthday party a few days ago, just a few days had passed and he had left his work behind to travel the world.

But Nunew’s personality had always been a bit out of the ordinary, so it wasn’t strange for him to do such things. Not sure if he knows what’s going on in the company, all he does is eat, drink and play all day and he manages the company in this way, his home is being stolen and he still knows how to play.

Zee habitually wants to add a sentence of no knowledge and skills, suddenly remembering the appearance of the Omega in front of him with red eyes last time, and his helpless appearance when he got his clothes wet, is it really a bit too much for him to say such things about an Omega?

Zee was a few years younger than him, still young and probably at the age when he’ll like playing. But is it safe for him, an Omega, to go out on his own? Presumably the Chawarin family wouldn’t let him be in danger, there must be someone around to protect him. Besides, he’s different from an ordinary Omega and an Alpha may not be able to take advantage of him. These are not things he should care about, Zee got rid of the distracting thoughts and focused on work.

After a while Poppy knocked on the door again, saying that the Chawarin family sent a set of clothes to repay the jacket lent to Nunew during the birthday banquet.

A jacket for a set of clothes, Zee made a profit, but his expression seems to be a bit bad, Poppy can not be sure what he means and asked tentatively: “Do you want to send it back?”

“Forget it, put it in the office as a spare.” Zee’s mood was indeed a bit inexplicably annoyed, it’s just a jacket, why do you have to deliberately return an outfit? Is he that short of this clothing? Or is it that Nunew is not even willing to owe him a piece of clothing and he is even trying to repay him a little more?

What about the clothes he lent to Nunew, since he hadn’t returned them, has it been used and discarded, or had Nunew taken it home? If it was taken home, then when Nunew saw the clothes…will he think of him?

Zee suddenly stood up and pushed away the office chair. His thoughts were so chaotic that he had to pace back and forth to calm himself down.

Poppy suddenly rushed in and Zee looked at him impatiently: “What’s the matter with you again?"

“President Zee, your susceptibility period seems to be ahead of schedule.”

Zee was stunned, his palm brushed his hair back and took a deep breath: “Where’s the inhibitor?”

There was a special place in his office where inhibitors were stored, Poppy took it out and handed it to him, watching him jab it into the back of his neck without hesitation, Poppy even felt a chill on the back of his neck.

The cold liquid quickly relieved his agitation, Zee didn’t use the inhibitor every time he was susceptible. Most of the time he would use physical suppression if he could restrain it, blocking the smell of pheromones from affecting others. But this time he was actually a little eager for the inhibitor to bring him peace, and when he did calm down, he felt a strange sense of loss in his heart.

The inhibitor contained a small amount of calming ingredients, one that was suitable for Alphas who had already entered the susceptible phase. The side effect was that it would make the Alpha feel like he had no desires for a short period of time.

Poppy watched as his palm brushed against his heart, thinking that his heart was uncomfortable and suddenly became nervous: “Is it the side effects of the inhibitor?”

Zee felt that that should not be the case, and this feeling could not be described in words, it was neither painful nor itchy, it was not caused by chemicals, it was an emotion that he had never felt in his 27 years. If he had to find a similar emotion to compare, it would be like the disappointment when his parents who had agreed to accompany him to the aquarium when he was a child, but in the end, they didn’t get to go because of work.

TBC