Chapter 217

217. Blockbuster (1)

General Studio staff welcomed Do-wook, who visited the studio for the first time. The Director whom he had already met at the meeting, came up to Do-wook and greeted him warmly.

"Wook! Welcome!"

Jean-Luc, who is in charge of directing <Heroes 2>, is a French-American director who has been well-received for his excellent screen direction in previous films.

At the last meeting, he already gave a long speech to Do-wook about how much he liked <Heroes> from the original story to the movie <Heroes>, and how happy he was to be the director because of that.

He was a very passionate and active director. He didn't mind taking off his socks and going into the water and sticking next to the cameraman to give directions for a good picture.

Thanks to that, the main actors of <Heroes> had to take more cuts than in <Heroes 2>, and some complained of fatigue. Of course, all of them were actors with a thorough professional consciousness, so they openly frowned on being tired, but they performed passionately according to Jean-Luc's request.

It was rumored that Hulbert, who played the role of Billion man, half-jokingly and half-seriously gnashed his teeth when the film was finished to see how well he made it.

However, with his help, he was more comfortable with a director who actively expresses his opinions rather than a sensitive style. If he didn't say anything, it was difficult for actor Do-wook to understand the director's intentions, and he had to think twice as much in order to make a cut that would make an OK. It was okay to think, but there were many times when it was all in vain if it went in the wrong direction.

"Now! As everyone knows, this is Mr. Dowook Kang, the real man!"

Director stepped forward and introduced Do-wook, and the staff who were scattered around and watching his work surrounded Do-wook and clapped. Do-wook bowed his head to the staff in Korean style.

"Then we'll go right into the rehearsal."

After Jean-Luc said, he went back to his seat.

"Do-wook, I think you should stand in the center."

Next to Do-wook was Daniel, the manager of a local management company who would help Do-wook while appearing in <Heroes>.

Daniel had finished middle school in Korea and immigrated to college in high school. He entered Brown University, a leading university, and was working in the marketing team of a local management company.

As the local management company took over from marketing to the manager of Do-wook's <Heroes> US activity, Daniel from Korea took on the role of Do-wook's manager for a while. Outstanding sociability, speech, and humor and sense that come from a pleasant personality, Daniel was a person who lacked nothing in any area.

Thanks to this, Dowook was able to receive a lot of help from the meeting with the director of <Heroes> to the process of researching and preparing for the character in Korea. Daniel was literally close to a 'real man' from his growth process to his personality. Looking at Daniel, Do-wook again confirmed in his heart that 'the story that Asians are passive and introverted' is just a prejudice.

Real Man, whose character setting has been changed, has a pleasant personality to the extent of humming songs on the street. He was too playful and had a boy-like mind, sometimes getting into trouble. Instead of a nerd who is good at studying. Wherever he went, people always followed him.