Chapter 221

221. Blockbuster (5)

When Do-wook tried to put the drink down, Chris Moore's face became stern at once.  He was someone who knew how to make a stern face as easily as he laughed easily.  He was even more so because he was drunk.

He asked in a tone full of annoyance, the same way he curses at the paparazzi.

"Why don't you drink? They gave you something nice."

Do-wook hardened his face.  Moore's tone and expression, which seemed to look down on Do-wook, were spectacle.  But there wasn't much he could wish for from a drunk man.

"Drinking? We're going to play together, but are you breaking the mood? Anyway, this is why kids who don't know what to do..."

He couldn't listen to Moore anymore, so he cut off Moore and Do-wook calmly replied.

"Looks like I should go."

"What? You're leaving all of a sudden? What are you talking about when all the tiles are laid?!"

People who had gathered to play poker together were buzzing about what was going on.

“You gave me a little bit of space on a board that would not be enough even if you crawled, but you don’t know the subject…. You’re ignoring me?!”

Chris Moore's voice rose.  Do-wook swallowed his dry saliva.  Here he didn't want to gossip with Chris Moore.

He could have called Hulbert at the bar table for help.  However, he did not want to cause any trouble or disturbance at the party Hulbert hosted.

It was Chris Moore who brought the medicine, but DoWook will carry the most damaged if the paparazzi outside will caught what's going on and published an article. It was clear that Do-wook would have a suspicious gaze just by the fact that he was there.  In Korea, 'drug suspicion' was not a light problem, as it might have been in the United States.

Besides, Do-wook was a stranger here anyway.  No matter who made the mistake, it was unknown which way public opinion would form when Chris Moore and Do-wook faced off.

'It's best to quietly get out of this place.'

However, Chris Moore was never in the mood to let Do-wook go quietly.

'But pretending to please Moore and drinking a glass of medicine... I myself can't tolerate it.  I don't know if there will be some reaction that I can't control after taking the medicine...

Do-wook stood up from his seat with his hands in his jacket pockets.  When Do-wook stood up, Moore stood up after swearing.  It was as if he would throw his fist at Do-wook soon.

"You mean you're really going? You arrogant bastard! I knew you'd be a bastard messing around on the backs of little girls."

Do-wook looked at Chris Moore, who was speaking in a threatening posture.  It was an indifferent and cold expression.

Chris Moore gnashed his teeth as if he felt a sense of incongruity in Do-wook's gaze.  At first, he thought he was drunk, but when he saw Chris Moore's words and actions, Do-wook was able to realize.

It was clear that Chris Moore did not like Do-wook in the first place.  Even if he drank the drink Moore recommended, he would have quarreled with Do-wook at some point, whether he was playing poker or whatever he said.

Do-wook recalled Jung Yi-wook, whom he met in Lovers from Outer Space.  He was no different.  While talking with Hulbert and other actors, Do-wook thought, 'As expected, Hollywood is different in many ways and there are many things to learn.'  The biggest difference from the Korean entertainment industry was the scale, and the competition and the lives of the actors that followed.