Chapter 6

chapter 6 | 6 months

"truths change with time"

- k. tolnoe

"Yes, a very good swimmer, I thought you already knew that

"Yes, a very good swimmer, I thought you already knew that."

I wasn't going to back down.

"Well you haven't been to the pool much in the last 6 months"

It takes me a second to understand his words.

HE is been WATCHING me for the past 6 months. 6 MONTHS.

I jumped out of the chair.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? 6 months that's sick, you piece of shit." I yelled while also moving far away from him.

Now that I think about it, the choice of words might not have been the best but I was furious and I wasn't thinking straight.

He didn't seem fazed by my outburst, like he was expecting it, like he said those words on purpose just to provoke me. To get a reaction out of me and he did.

"Yes, 6 months" he says in a calm voice.

"You have been paid to stalk a 21 year old girl?" I spat the words at him still with my voice high.

"Stalk is a strong word" he replied

"Stalk is a strong word that describes your fucking actions, creep" I was still fuming.

If looks could kill... he would be dead by now... several times.

"It was a necessary action" he said relaxed "We had to make sure your kidnapping ran smoothly"

That's it. He crossed a very deep line. In 5 steps I am back next to my chair. 2 more I am next to the suitcase and before he can even utter another word I grab it and hit him across the face.

Then I make a run for the door. This time he doesn't catch up to me. My adrenaline is pumping through my body. Exactly when I open the door I see the butler in the doorway like he was about to open it himself. He carries a tray with another glass. I grab the tray, the glass falls in the process and breaks, when I move past him the tray is clutched to my chest waiting to be used as a weapon. Unfortunately, I step in some of the shreds. I don't feel anything because of the adrenaline. The thing is I was barefoot because while I was being kidnapped I didn't have the time to put on shoes. Who would have thought?

I make my way past the butler and enter another room similar to the one I just got out of.

How big was this fucking plain?

I quickly run to the one of the doors I see on the other end of the cabin, I chose the one on the left hoping it might be the pilot's, I hear commotion behind me but I don't stop, when I reach I press the knob, open it and on the other side it's a bathroom.

A BATHROOM.

Before I can even process my failure, two hands grab my waist and drag me back.

My time to shine. I have seen many self defense videos with people explaining what to do when someone grabs you from behind but Charlotte didn't want to test these out so this was my first try.

I kick for a bit trying to reach one of the chairs but Blake, I assume I hardly believe the butler could do this, was way too strong so I take a deep breath and jerk my head backwards hoping it would collide with his nose.

Instead I hit something hard, a bone I let out a high pitched scream.

I see black points, that was NOT the nose. Most probably the chin. It takes me a few moments to regain any sense of my surroundings which gives the man enough time to reach the lobby connecting the two cabins.

That's when I try the second thing. I hook my right leg with his right leg, since I was in the air I barely reached the knee, but it still works. I push with my whole body backwards this gives me enough momentum to launch myself forward till my hands reach the ground but at the same time I also use my right leg to pull myself downwards so now he is a little off balance since I put a lot of force on his right knee. I then grab his right ankle and pull with all my force while also pushing him backwards with the rest of my body through some miracle and pure luck he falls on his back and I manage to remain standing.

It takes me less than a second to run again. This time choose the right door. I burst through it like my life was depending on it and frankly it was.

BINGO

The pilot cabin. There are two pilots sitting with their backs to me. I quickly lock the door and approach them. My feet start to hurt and I look down and see I am leaving bloody footsteps behind.

"Shit" I whisper. None of them hear me since they have headphones on. I assess my options. My plan was to threaten them to turn the plane around but I am armed with just a tray and I can't really do much threatening with that, I could try to knock one of them unconscious and make the other one turn the plane around but I have no idea if just one could drive the jet.

Before I can think of anything else I hear a loud banging in the door.

"John, Matthew open up. Now."

Blake was there and he was really pissed. I hoped the pilots didn't hear him but my luck ran out and one of them took the headphones off and turned around. I have nowhere to hide so I just prepare the tray, I hold it in front of me defensively

"Not another step" my voice isn't as strong as I would have wanted it to be, I guess I lost quite some blood. I think I must look pretty awful too because the pilot just stares at me for 2 seconds grabs the tray with one hand and shoves it in my stomach, my diaphragm to be specific, I lose all air and while I try to get oxygen back in my lungs he opens the door I hear Blake's voice but can't make out the words. My brain still doesn't work, neither do my lungs.

I feel a much too familiar pain at the back of my neck and am surrounded by darkness once again.