Chapter 14

chapter 14 | run

chapter 14 | run

"long story short, I survived"

- unknown

Blake POV

Blake POV

I am pretty sure I passed 3 red lights at this point, but the more I am alone in my car, the more I am overthinking all the things that could happen to Aria. Because now it all made sense. 

Fuck you Monique, she was yelling at me for not telling her everything but she is the one that keeps me in the dark. The operation regarding Aria was supposed to take place after a few more weeks of surveillance, but I got this phone call from Monique telling me that it needs to happen then. I tried to question her but she just hung up on me. 

She definitely knew something she didn't share with the group. And if something happens to Aria because I didn't know enough, Monique is dead.

I slam my hand into the steering wheel when I see more traffic up ahead. I used all of London's shortcuts and it still takes forever.

After a few more agonizing minutes sitting in the car I finally get to the building. It's pitch black.

I stop the car and rush to the front doors. 

They are electric. And there's no power, no way to open the door.

Fuck. I want to yell in frustration but working for the secret services for so long forced me to keep my cool in stressful situations. Immediately my brain starts analyzing all options.

I could shoot the window but the ones to the main lobby are bulletproof, the same thing could not be said about the ones from the back exit where the janitors smoke.

I rush around the building, the door is locked, I take my gun out and shoot the small window from the middle of the door. I wrap my hand around my suit and manage to put my hand through the window and unlock it from the inside.