Chapter 26

chapter 26 | mouse

chapter 26 | mouse

"I'd like to remain a mystery"

- Pinterest

Blake POV

Everything hurts. It’s not the first time in
my life I wake up because everything hurts and I know it won’t be the last but that doesn’t make the experience better. This time the majority of my pain is coming from my side. I slowly open my eyes, careful to not move my body too much and I’m met with a wooden ceiling. It’s still night outside which means I barely got any sleep and I’m still tired as fuck. I slowly look around and memories from last night start coming back. There are medical supplies all over the living room table and the floor and most of them are coated in blood, my blood.

Great.

Which brings me to my second train of thoughts. Aria. She was the one who used all these, on me. Fuck. Most of what I remember from last night is just pain. Constant pain. But apparently last night Blake thought it was a good idea to let a sleep deprived college student operate on him. I’m pretty sure last night Blake wasn’t thinking with his head, well at least not the head that contains his brain. I do however remember the moment in the car and the one outside the cabin in which she looked hot as fuck so I think my judgement wasn’t exactly clear. Damn it. I really need to get laid. Aria would be option number one but at this point I’ll take anyone. (Which is a lie I tell myself in order to not think about Aria too much).

Speaking of the devil, where is this girl? I get up with big efforts and look around the living room, she’s not here, then I see the bedroom door slightly open, I make my way there and see her collapsed on the bed. And when I say collapsed I mean collapsed, it’s like she fell on the bed and didn’t move since. Her head did reach the pillow but the legs didn’t quite make it all the way on the bed and they are handing over the edge.

With the help of the wall I make my way to the bed just to make sure she’s still breathing, and as I silently get in to bed next to her, continually telling myself I just want to make sure everything is alright and that it’s not fair that she’s the one to sleep on the bed and me on the couch I hear her breathing evenly.