Chapter 23

chapter 23 | the escape 

"I put the hot in psychotic"

- unknown

Aria POV

"How could you be so stupid to get shot? Aren't you supposed to be like a super secret agent?" I ask frantically, mostly trying to distract Blake or annoy him to remain conscious.

His abdomen was a mess, there was blood everywhere and I couldn't really tell where it was all coming from.

Dammit.

Okay Aria. Think.

Blake mumbles something. And he manages to pull a set of keys from his pocket. What the fuck.

I take them. They're car keys. Blake gave me car keys.

"Go." He exhales.

I blink. My head is still spinning from everything and I'm pretty sure I have a concussion and I'm not sure I heard right.

"What? Where?" He wasn't responding. "Blake where the fuck should I go?"

"Parking lot."

His answer is clipped.

"Fuck."

I grab a jacket from one of the dead guards without thinking about the fact that I took it from a dead body and press it to Blake's abdomen.

"Put pressure." he manages to put a hand over the jacket and press. That's all I know from movies. Usually after this part they skip to the injured character being unconscious in a safe environment. They don't really show how they get to safety. So I have to improvise.

There's no way in hell I'm leaving Blake here. He basically took a bullet for me and I still have morals and I can't just leave him here. I don't know much about MI6 rules but I'm pretty sure Blake killing a room full of agents won't get him a medal of honor. Quite the opposite.