Chapter 7

chapter 7 | MI6

chapter 7 | MI6

"Warming my hands on bridges I've burnt"

- Atticus

Darkness. Pain.

That is not a good combination.

Darkness is everywhere. Pain is everywhere.

The most obvious one is in my head. It hurts badly. Even though I haven't opened my eyes yet I feel my head spinning like it was in a washing machine. The next one is in my legs. A quick search through my brain makes me remember the broken glass from the plane.

The plane. Blake. London. My parents.

I start praying that when I open my eyes everything was a dream and I am back in my flat in Amsterdam.

As I open my eyes I am greeted with a fluorescent light, hospital fluorescent light. I try to look around. My neck hurts a bit where the needle with the sedative entered the back of my neck. I try to move my hands but this time I am handcuffed to the hospital bed.

"Come on!" I whisper yell.

After a little bit of moving around trying to get in a standing position, I give up and collapse on the bed again. Staring at the ceiling.

After a small pause I try and glance at my feet to see how they looked. My lower body was covered with a white sheet but I still had my pyjamas on, and I couldn't be more grateful. I started moving my legs trying to get the sheet off.

Right then someone enters my room. I jerk my head towards the person. It's Blake. I roll my eyes. I didn't even get to start operation -condition of my feet-.

"We have to stop meeting like this." He said humor in his voice.

Was this man always joking? I wake up tied to something for the second time in the last 12 hours and he is joking around.

"You kidnapped me asshole, but of course how could you forget that since it ran so "smoothly" as you call it" I am really angry at this point. "I am treated" while I say this I move my hands so the handcuffs make noise when they touch the metal from the bed "like a fucking animal" More noise, I try to stand in a sitting position again but to no avail. So I end up holding my head in a painful position so I can make eye contact with Blake. "You just put me to sleep every time I am an inconvenience and you carry me around like I am a fucking piece of furniture."

I collapsed on the bed, my abdomen starting to hurt and I could barely feel my neck from all the pain.

What was in that sedative? Feel like I have been hit by a car.

I hear another chuckle, he laughs at my discomfort. If everything wouldn't be hurting so bad I swear I would hurt him so that he wouldn't be laughing. He gets closer to my bed so now I can see his face without actually trying to sit up.

"Let me go." I say determined.

"You know I can't do that" he says with... pity, is he feeling sorry for me? Just when I thought I didn't have enough reasons to want to kill him.

"Please enlighten me why not, since apparently I had no idea someone has been stalking me for the past 6 months"

"You had no idea because..."

I don't let him finish.

"Don't change the subject I don't want to hear you pity excuses"

"On the plane you didn't react to good after I let you free" he says, with amusement

"I wonder why?" After a second I continue "Oh, oh I might have an idea. Maybe because when you wake up on a plane after you have been taken away from your home and sedated you first instinct isn't to act all nice and welcoming and to ask you captor if they want to be friends and start making friendship bracelets and maybe-"

I don't get to finish the sentence, my mind goes blurry, I can barely see Blake in front of me leaning closer saying something but a ringing started in my ears and it wasn't from the plane. He looks really concerned. I think he is saying my name but I can't be sure. I try to say something again but I am engulfed by darkness once again.

POV Blake

"Aria! Aria!" At the beginning I thought she was messing with me but she stopped pretty abruptly in the middle of the sentence.

I lean closer trying to see what's wrong.

"Blake?" I hear her whisper before she passes out.

I immediately press the emergency button and nurses rush into the room. I am taken outside, I have to wait in the lobby. Fuck. I shouldn't have given her the second sedative dose, I also might have given her too much, but she wouldn't cooperate at all and I was also angry because she managed to hit me twice in a day and throw me on the floor. If any of my colleagues would find out that a college girl punched me, hit me with a briefcase and executed a perfectly self defense move on me and managed to get me on the floor I would be the laughing stock of the agency for months. She was right though, with the way I treated her, it resembled one of an animal but I would never admit that to her.

I talked to my boss about the girls location. We are now at the MI6 headquarter in London, hospital wing. We landed shortly after Aria's stunt. I brought her directly here because she bled a lot and the sedative was way too strong for her. The doctors here said she is going to be fine, she just needed rest.

I let my mind relax, and for whatever reason I don't understand and definitely do not control, it drifts off to the plane, the turbulence, when we were close.

Enough. Stop. I should stop. When her hands were holding my shirt.

Nope. I am working. I shouldn't. I can't think of things like this. I need to remain focused on the mission.

But with Aria as such a big distraction is going to be really hard.