Chapter 24

chapter 24| driving

chapter 24| driving

"Absofuckinglutely"

-pinterest

Aria POV

After what felt like forever going left and right in this parking lot I see the 'S24' pillar. I exhale in relief. My head is killing me. And pushing the wheelchair also doesn't make my job easier. I immediately rush to the car and open the passenger door. I help Blake get in, which I'm still surprised he's still conscious I mean damn, the dude has a strong will to live. But he doesn't say anything, just keeps pressing his abdomen. I rush to the other side of the car and get in.

I'm faced with a steering wheel. On the other side of the car from where I usually drive.

"Are you okay? Can you drive?"

Is this dude for real? He's the one bleeding out and he's asking me if I'm okay?

"Yeah, yeah just give me a second"

"Aria, we don't have a second" he breathes out. And exactly when he says that the blaring from the fire alarm stops and is replaced by a robotic voice repeating the same words: We have a hostage and a rogue agent on the loose. I repeat we have a hostage and a rogue agent on the loose, if anyone sees them please report immediately...

I tune out the rest of the message, instead start the car and press the gas.

"Which way out?"

"Right" I can barely hear Blake over the heartbeat in my ears but I turn right and speed in the underground parking lot.

Blake continues to give me directions and before I know it I see a barrier at the end of the lane we're currently on and I guess my luck ran out because I see metal things rising from the ground. Like the ones in movies where they stop the car from passing through.