Chapter 22

chapter 22 | bullets

"what doesn't kill me better run"

-unknown

Blake POV

Blake POV

Getting from the 3rd floor back to -4 was quite a challenge, but nothing too serious. It was achievable. I was now sitting in front of the door that led to the room from the other side of the double sided mirror. My plan was simple.

Deal with everyone from the other side of the door. (I counted 5 people on the security camera in the control room but could have changed in the 30 minutes it took me to get here)
Get Aria. (Deal with Luca in the process if it's necessary)
Get to the car.
Get the hell out of here.

Simple.

I take another deep breath and open the door. 10 pairs of eyes immediately turn to me.

Dammit. It's double the number of people I initially expected. Monique isn't in the room. Lucky for her because she would have ended up dead.

I deal with the two ones closest to me. I grab the knife from the one on my left side and stab him in his leg. While I close the door so no sound gets out of this room. I use my legs to trip the one on my right and he falls to the floor. I kick his diaphragm and he starts coughing, a kick with the pistol at the back of his neck and he's out cold. I grab the other one's head and hit it against the wall, leaving him unconscious as well.

Afterwards it's a moment of silence. I make eye contact with the rest. They aren't agents I personally know. But before I get to think about my next step I hear Luca's voice coming from the other room. And I look through the double sided mirror.

I freeze. The oxygen leaves my lungs and my mind goes blank.

On the other side of the mirror is Luca, standing across from Aria at a small table. Luca is saying something and Aria is looking with the most dead expression in the mirror. There's no emotion on her face and her eyes are hollow. But the lower half of her face is filled with blood and my shirt, that is still on her, is filled with blood. Fresh blood. Her blood.