Chapter 20

chapter 20 | captivity

"take the risk or lose the chance." -unknown

" -unknown

Blake POV

Those assholes. I asked Monique a thousand questions regarding all the extra agents she sent. But she went on and on about the mission and that everything should go smoothly. I should have seen this coming. Putting that gun to Aria's head. I wanted to rip them all to shreds.

I'm now pacing in a small room, there's only a mirror, a chair, a table, a small monitor and a door. I know this room. I've seen it a million times. But every time I was on the other side of the mirror. Staring at whatever prisoner was in here. Now others were staring at me. Technically I didn't do anything wrong, I was protecting my charge. But since Monique knows everything and already has suspicions of me withholding information and Aria being an undercover spy, which is ridiculous, I was in deep shit. They couldn't fire me. I'm too valuable but they could put me off the case and I wouldn't be allowed to see Aria anymore. And that was bad. They would probably do anything to her to get to her parents. And that would happen over my dead body.

The door opens and Dean steps in. I let out a breath. I liked Dean. And Dean liked me. He is a rank above Monique so his authority is higher. But he's also a good friend of my parents. And that's not ideal.

"Blake, Blake, what have you done?" he exhales. He sounds tired, bored and angry at me at the same time. This was a quality Dean possessed. You couldn't really tell what he's thinking. I would assume he's disappointed in me. But that's his constant voice. And being disappointed at everything and everyone all the time sounds kind of a miserable life. But yeah, that's Dean.

"Nothing outside my orders, sir" I reply shortly. I think Dean liked me because I wasn't such a pain in the ass. I mean yeah he had to pull me out of a pile of shit a couple times but that happens to everyone. Besides I saved his daughter like twice from terrorists, who wanted ransom money. And I might have fucked her once or twice, but hey, that was common pleasure, there were no feelings involved and I gave her a night to remeber. And that was way before Aria. Now her daughter, Christine, is more like a close friend.