Chapter 28

chapter 28 | new players

"I'm glad I met you hope you know that"

- Pinterest

Aria POV

I track Charlotte as she nears the bedroom door now somehow with a gun in her hand.
And somehow between Charlotte breaking a part of my soul and her reaching the bedroom door I made my decision. I slowly creep to the duffle bags, grab a gun from one of them and approach Charlotte. She doesn't look back, maybe not considering me a threat, maybe just considering whatever mission she has more important.

Go ahead and underestimate me.

She disappears throguh the bedroom floor and I follow, entering the room a few steps behind her and finding it empty. She still didn't notice me and was making her way around the room, searching. The sheets are filled with Blakes blood and there are feathers everywhere from my fight with the mouse, in which I clearly won.

"Drop the gun."

Blake steps out from the closet, grabbing his side but with a steady hand aiming a gun at Charlotte.

Shit.

"Drop the gun Charlotte before anyone gets hurt." Blake presses.

No one has noticed me yet but Charlotte has a calculated look an her face, something so similar to what I was used to and that meant she was about to do something incredibly stupid and reckless in my opinion. I decide to just stomp on my own heart one more time and aim that gun at Charlotte, press off the safety and while two pairs of eyes snap towards me I say with a steady voice I can't believe I have right now.

"Listen to him Charlotte."

The look of betrayal on her face is something I will probably never forget but I wasn't the one who came in here guns blazing and was a secret agent.