1 | Out with a bang

CHAPTER ONE
Out with a bang

CHAPTER ONEOut with a bang

STRIKING BLONDE ZIPPED AROUND THE BEAT DOWN LA HOUSE IN A BLUR, three pairs of eyes watching as the young man and women collected miscellaneous items and stuffed them into the duffel bag on the couch.

"You're sure you have to leave?" The tallest of the stationary trio asks them, scratching at his red dyed hair, being careful to avoid the liberty spikes it was styled in. The small female beside him nods in agreement to the question, not entirely understanding why their platinum blonde friend had to leave.

"Is this about what happened at that party? When you caught on fire?" The last male asks yet again trying to catch the attention of either resident. Though his attempts were futile as the pair kept about their pace, the blonde collected toiletries in the small downstairs bathroom, and the woman on the couch continued to sort files.

"CJ, Mayven... we could do with some answers." The small girl says, blowing her streaked hair out of her face as she steps forward, blocking the pair's path.

"I'm sorry guys... but yeah, I have to leave." CJ finally sighs out, attempting not to meet anyone's gaze, he didn't want to say goodbye to these people, his small makeshift family. He turns, making eye contact with Mayven as she finishes setting up a document binder.

"It's not safe for him here, the people we ran away from, they know he's alive now." Mayven answers the girl, stepping forward and placing a kiss on her temple in a form of an apology. "You guys may not see him for a while, it'll be safer with less communication."

The brunette male starts to tear up slightly, stepping forward to wrap his arms around the taller blonde's shoulders. CJ instantly responds, hugging the smaller boy back just as tightly. As they pull away, he turns his attention to the girl, who was already throwing her face against his chest, trying her hardest not to break down in sobs. CJ rubbed her back as he held her, whispering that it'll be okay, and that they'll see each other again.

She finally pulled away and he turned to the last male in the room, the red-haired punk who was a few inches taller than himself. "Hey..."

They tightly embrace, sniffling into the hug, CJ's nose buried in his shoulder and his baby blue eyes swelling with tears. "I'm gonna miss you, Surt."

A smile breaks on the blonde boy's face at the nickname, pulling away slightly to look at the boy in front of him. He places both hands on either side of the redhead's face, pulling his head down a little and placing a kiss on the taller male's forehead. "I'm gonna miss you too, pebble."

"Cute, now you really have to go. I've put all the important documents in this folder, and I've made some calls to an old friend in Hawkins, got you a trailer set up and enrolled you in the local school." Mayven spoke up, moving closer to the pair, yet still keeping her arm around the smaller girl. CJ pulled back from the boy, turning to face the woman who has been like a sister to him for as long as he could remember. He stepped closer to her, smiling as she also moved to embrace him. "I'm not coming with you, five, I've still got business here."