9 | Sad-boys Hour

CHAPTER NINE
Sad-boys hour

CHAPTER NINESad-boys hour

IT WAS NOW THURSDAY, two days after the cafeteria incident, and Leslie was pleasantly surprised to find that no one had bothered her since. She had noticed how the blonde boy was glued to her side since they became official friends, and how he would practically snarl at anyone who attempted to make fun of her. It warmed her heart to have someone actually care about her for once. She would forever be grateful to the boy, even going as far as to invite him over for dinner with her family this evening.

She had been hesitant at first, not wanting to use the boy to keep face with her family and anyone else who decided to stare, but over the past two days the pair had gotten close, and she had found that CJ was actually quite physical. Whether it was a playful punch to her upper arm, or a full-on hug where he would sit his forehead on her shoulder. She figured it was enough for people to just assume that they had a relationship without having to lie and compromise the friendship. She didn't want to hurt the boy more than she had on Tuesday, already feeling guilty enough despite the many times he had forgiven her.

Leslie looked over to the boy who was focusing on the board, trying his hardest to let the pointless lines of maths sink into his brain. She gazed at his eyes, his semi-knitted brows, the way his lips were slightly screwed together as he fought hard to concentrate. He hadn't spoken much of the incident since they made up, only to reassure her that he was okay, but it was obvious that he wasn't. She had tried to ask, but he only laughed her off that evening when he dropped her at home. It worried her, that he would rather repress his feelings than accept them.

The previous Wednesday night they had spent rummaging through CJ's clothes, (she got a feeling that they were a little more in common than she originally thought when this was suggested), she had tried to talk to him once again, but he had only thrown a shirt her way and ignored the question. It frustrated her that he wouldn't admit his feelings. But she hoped that if she opened up by inviting him over tonight then he would do the same.

Her staring must have caught his attention, as he turned to her, his beautiful blue eyes widening in surprise, a joyful smile being sent her way. "You're not falling for me, are you?"

Leslie let out a rather ugly snort, which only made CJ's smile widen. He slung an arm around her shoulder, pulling her into a sort of half-hug, something she had become accustomed to over the past two days. "You wish, blondie."

The school day had officially ended, and despite the few glares they got from certain people, Les was happily hugging the Rhodes boy's waist on the back of his bike. The smile he wore when they had gone to her locker and she had pulled out an open-face viper helmet, was still present. The purple sparkly thing had just been collecting dust in her dad's garage and she was ecstatic to finally use it again.