12 | Apologies

CHAPTER TWELVE
Apologies

SUNDAY WAS GOING PRETTY SMOOTHLY FOR THE RHODES BOY, his third cup of camomile tea in his hand as he rested out on his porch in nothing but his boxers and a leopard print silk robe. His mind wandered through the events of last night, readjusting the silk against his shoulders, his mind on the cheery brunette. Before anything had happened, the two were just on a drunken rant about their night, their potential friendships and relationships which were now in ruin. He figured the boy, much like himself, was just feeling impossibly alone when he made a move on the Rhodes.

He had been pleasantly surprised, not having intended anything sexual to happen between them. The cute moans of the Harrington boy were on replay in his mind all morning, he was definitely a loud one, not that CJ thought that was a bad thing.

Billy crossed his mind, the hurt look on the boy's face as he left the party. It confused CJ, and what confused him more was the flush of warmth that emitted across his chest whenever he thought about that look. It meant the Californian cared, right? He wanted to believe the boy cared for him, if not in a romantic sense, then at least enough to mend their bond so they can continue on as friends. Even though he kept trying to deny it to himself, by this point CJ knew how his heart pulled whenever the younger boy was around. Last night, that look on his face that had shattered right through his soul, only cemented the deal. He had a crush on his best friend, the hot-headed bully of a boy named Billy Hargrove.

He couldn't help it, and he was damn sure that anyone who said they didn't fall in love with Billy Hargrove the moment they set their eyes on him were liars. The boy is gorgeous. His golden mane, which fell perfectly over his shoulders, styled by product, but not to the point it was crunchy to touch. His short stature mixed with his broadness, all pushed against his fashion sense. And don't even get the snow child started on his eyes. Those goddamn oceans of blue, encapsulated by such thick eyelashes and framed by those ever scowling brows. He snickered at the realisation that he had probably just spent half their friendship staring at the boy, without any actual clue of anything said to him.

Well it wasn't entirely his fault. Hargrove mostly talked about girls, or basketball, or how dumb some people were. Just usual high-school stuff. He listened when it was important.

He looked out around the park as he sipped his drink, he had put honey in the brew to make it just a little sweeter. His eyes fell on the trailer next door. He couldn't help but wince, the words from last night still fresh in his mind.

"Face it, I'm just a weed dispenser to you."

The little beat up car that was normally parked in the drive was gone, and all that remained was the larger van. The Munson boy was there alone, probably working off a hangover if he decided to drink last night.

"You. You're 'what's up', man."

Another sigh escaped him, drinking the last of his tea before heading inside. Placing the cup on the counter, he made a quick beeline for the bedroom, throwing on a tee and some joggers. He shrugs off his robe, finding some well-worn shark slippers at the end of his bed.

He headed out the door, not bothering to lock it as he was only going across the way. The superhuman boy felt so small as he stood in front of the door, all his emotions bubbling inside of him, the same feelings that made him freak out last night coming forth. His fingers began to tingle, heat rising from him despite the breeze. He took a minute, catching his breath, easing his mind as he brought his fist to the door, knocking loudly.