15 | RBF

CHAPTER FITHTEEN
RBF

CHAPTER FITHTEENRBF

LESLIE MANTLE WAS HAVING A GOOD MORNING, A VERY GOOD MORNING INDEED. It all started with her best friend's goofy smile, the smile that had literally energised her day when he picked her up that morning. The blonde boy practically bouncing the bike down the road to school.

She had giggled like a kid the entire way, trying her best to hold onto the taller boy as he would occasionally speed up and then slow down, or do swerves with his bike that would have her clutching his waist.

As of right now, she was holding his right hand in her left, in the middle of their maths class. It was good that they had opposing dominant hands, as she had found that he focused more when he had contact with another person. She couldn't help but smile every time he would run his thumb over her knuckles, or tap a pattern against her skin.

She had heard the rumours floating about school since the party. She wasn't one to readily deny them, with how they kept her own bullies away. Though she had wondered how her tattooed companion thought about them, not that she had any reason to believe he cared about such trivial things; a factoid he informed her on a bi-weekly basis.

The bell rang, cutting her out of her thoughts. She looked to her own page of work and realised she was the one slacking this time.

CJ let go of her hand, his rings tickling her palm as he retracted. After a moment putting his books away, he jolted up in his seat, his expression giving away the excitement of an idea.

"Hey Les?" He couldn't contain his smile as he watched her finish the last few questions on the page. He quirked an eyebrow at that, quite surprised that she had been the one to become distracted.

"Yeah?" She didn't look at him as she answered, busying herself with sorting her bag. She had spent most of that lesson staring at him -- whether he knew or not -- and didn't want to make her embarrassing realisation obvious.

"Do you think you could help out Eds with this stuff too? If I asked him to join us?" The wide brimmed cap he had decided on wearing today cast a shadow over his eyes, making his question seem a little more menacing than needed. This only caused the Mantle girl to laugh, remembering how scary and arrogant she used to think he was... not that he isn't arrogant.

She sat back in her seat, acting like she had to really think through this decision. He rolled his eyes at her behaviour, fighting off a laugh. They both knew what her answer would be, though their relationship had evolved into a constant match of teasing and sarcasm that neither side seemed to be able to escape.

"Maybe... for the right price." She folded her arms, peering at him with a comically raised nose, trying her best not to laugh at his expression.

"Wow." The word was drawn out as he stood, slinging his bag over his shoulder. "That's how it's gonna be, I'm honestly hurt, babe."