★ | Breakfast with the boys

BONUS CHAPTER
Breakfast with the boys

THE TRAILER PARK WAS PEACEFUL AS ALWAYS AT 6:59 AM, and as always, a sweet type of harmony settled in before the well-known storm that would run rampant through a certain trailer with a shiny blue Camaro currently parked outside.

"Half-past twelve!"

"And I'm watching the late show in my flat all alone!"

"How I hate to spend the evening on my own!"

The blonde Angeleno sang as he danced about the kitchen, adding pepper to the scrambled eggs he was making. Bacon was being cooked at the stove, the smell of well done meat filling the kitchen as the other continued.

"Autumn winds!"

"Blowing outside the window as I look around the room!"

"And it makes me so depressed to see the gloom!"

The long haired boy looked at the blonde, a cheeky grin stretching his cheeks as he prepared to belt the chorus.

"There's not a soul out there~~!"

"No one to hear my prayer~~!"

"Dun!"

"Dun!"

"Dun!"

"Dun!"

"Dun!"

"Dun!"

"Dun!"

"Dun!"

The two faced each other, pale blue clashing with doe brown. Two matching smirks of anticipation, the air electric with adrenaline.

"Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight!"

"Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away?!"

"Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight!"

"Take me through the darkness to the break of the da-!"

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" The enraged voice of Billy Hargrove bellowed as he stomped down the short hallway, his boxers wrinkled and riding up one thigh, his curls stuck up in all directions.

The pair stopped dead, like deer's in headlights, and Billy was the car about to hit them... literally.

CJ chuckled, noticing how Billy was once again adorning the jumper he had lent last night, he looked over at his partner in crime, the metalhead having raised the spatula he was using to ward off the oncoming attacker. Eddie huffs out in relief as he realised they weren't in danger, standing up a little straighter.

The brunette's eyes scanned the other male in the room, lingering a bit too long on the thick thighs of the Californian. Maybe CJ was right, maybe he should start hanging out with the school bully more often. Especially if he kept getting views like this.

"We're making breakfast." Eddie announced, waving the spatula around as he got back to burning the bacon.

"C'mon hot shot, take a seat." CJ led the tired boy to one of the two bar stools by the small counter, Billy was blinking rapidly as he tried to process what was happening. The piercing blue eyes gazed over at Eddie, watching as he plates the rest of the food up. His eyes stayed on the style of tank he was wearing before looking over to CJ, the blonde was already looking at him, reaching out to tuck some of the wild hairs back into his mane.

"Bon appetite!" Eddie smiled as he placed the plates down in front of the two. The three sat down for breakfast, a silence that was somewhat awkward settling over them.

"You two fucking now?" Billy asked, breaking the silence, he didn't look up from his meal, pushing the eggs around with his fork as he awaited an answer.

Eddie choked on the bacon he was eating, being rendered into a rather gruesome coughing fit. CJ on the other hand had managed to spit out the orange juice he was drinking, muttering curse words as he attempted to mop up the spillage with a tissue.

"Why- why'd you say that?" The blonde asked in a breathy voice, a little winded from the sudden shock of the question.

"He's wearing your Metallica shirt." Billy rolled his eyes at the pair's dramatics, glancing briefly at Eddie, to see his face bright red as he shakily sipped his own drink, avoiding eye contact with anyone else in the room. Billy bit back a smile, finding the colour oddly cute on the older boy, glancing back to CJ who was also a little pink in the face, he had mopped up most of the juice and put the tissues in the bin, getting a good look at the shirt Eddie was wearing as he went.

"That's my shirt?" CJ asked, unsure whether the brunette just had a similar shirt to him. He briefly looked back to Billy, shooting him a playful glare for his amused expression.

"Actually," Eddie took another sip of his drink, his voice a little hoarse. "It was mine first, you stole it from me."

Billy blinked in humoured surprise, looking at the blonde, who was trying to think back to where he got it. Eventually he just shrugged and turned to Billy. "I don't know, man. At this point our wardrobes are conjoined."

"That's weird." The Californian muttered as he picked up a slice of toast, shovelling it into his mouth.

"Oh, yeah?" CJ chuckled, watching as the sandy blonde boy nodded in agreement to the question. He turned and winked at Eddie who had been watching the two interact, before turning back to Billy, and pulling the hood of the jumper over his head. "Don't see you complaining."

The metalhead was giggling across the counter, Billy grumpily tugging the hood back down, face red as he glared at the other blonde who looked at him with a smug face. He groaned as Eddie's laughter only got louder, wanting to hide himself away from the two attractive teens.

"You- you sure it ain't you two whose fucking?" Eddie asked the pair, thinking back to all his talks with Billy about the Angeleno, and all the times he was very obviously pinning after the boy. Billy's face looked equivalent to a tomato at this point, but he couldn't tell if it was frustration or embarrassment. CJ was laughing, and Eddie had his answer when the larger boy stood up aggressively, only to be pulled back into a sitting position by the taller blonde.

"M'not a fag." He grumbled, looking back down to the table.

Eddie winced at the word choice, looking at CJ with concern; sometimes he forgot who Hargrove was. The blonde only shook his head, not wanting Eddie to get that perception of him. He placed a hand on the Cali boy's slouched shoulder and gave it a small squeeze.

"Alright, we believe you. But we don't care 'bout shit like that." The platinum blonde said, his tone calming.

"Yeah, man... who are we to judge anyone?" Eddie smiled his usual ear to ear smile, his hands were resting on the table, playing with his rings. He was tempted to reach out to Billy, though he didn't think their relationship was quite there. When Billy didn't reply, the two continued in a random conversation, mostly shitting on popular people at school.

The troubled teen found himself staring at Eddie's hands, the way in which he would rhythmically twist each ring back and forth, sliding one up and down his index finger. It was oddly calming to watch. Billy looked between the two boys, he couldn't help but smile slightly as he thought about what they had said. Eddie was the school outcast, and CJ the school bad boy, they weren't in any social positions to discriminate against those who came to them.

He smiled, a small, almost unnoticeable, but altogether real smile. The first he had since coming to this Indiana shit hole. Maybe he could be himself here, or at least with these two, in the confines of this small trailer, maybe he no longer had to hide.

skulby- short filler chapter of these three bonding.