10 | Bonnie and Clyde

CHAPTER TEN
Bonnie and Clyde

CHAPTER TENBonnie and Clyde

THE PARTY WAS IN FULL SWING BY THE TIME LESLIE AND CJ ENTERED, their hands entwined as the social recluse was a little nervous. Steve and Nancy were dancing in the living room, one clearly more drunk than the other. People looked their way, but no one said anything to them. The Mantle girl clutched her water pistol to her side, trying to adjust the skirt where it rested on her waist.

"The blood looks really good, where did you learn to do makeup like this?" She smiles as she catches sight of her face in a mirror, laughing a little remembering how her mother had yelped when the pair stepped out of her bedroom covered in fake blood. She looked over to her partner, who only hums in acknowledgement of her question, sending a small shrug her way. He was scanning the crowd, and a lot of the crowd were scanning him back. His dress shirt and suspenders hugging his figure, his tattooed arms on full display, the top of his chest too. The hat on his head contrasted his hair and made his features look all the more alluring. Leslie smiled to herself, linking her arm in his, dragging him further into the party, and out into the backyard.

CJ couldn't help but falter a little as he came into the backyard. A pool was lit up and being used, mostly girls barely dressed and trying to get the attention of any guy who'd look twice. And he noticed how Leslie looked twice.

Across the pool, a familiar face sat in a deck chair. Baby blue meeting doe-like brown, a longing gaze meeting an expression of hurt and anger. The metalhead scoffed, going back to dealing with the person he was talking to, taking money, and handing over a joint.

The snowy haired teen sighs out, a squeeze to his arm causes him to look down, and he meets the reassuring eyes of Leslie Mantle, a girl who, over the past few days, he has found can cheer him up immensely. He returned the smile, moving nearer to the crowd forming around Billy, who was being lifted against a keg.

"And that's a new record!" Tommy exclaims as he lets go of Billy's leg, the drunken teen haphazardly wiping his chin. He swayed a little, grabbing onto the freckled boy's shoulder as he lifted his fist in the air. "All hail the new keg King!"

A slow clapping halted the celebration, attention turning to the fedora wearing man. Tommy's eyes lit up at the presence of the new couple, already feeling the tension from the drunken Hargrove. Billy eyed the blonde teen, and then the girl next to him, before grinning to his friend, roughly forcing down any feathers that had been ruffled by his presence. "Congratulations, man."

"You not gonna try your hand?" Billy challenges, holding up the line, and waving it in front of CJ as though it was candy. He kind of hoped that there would be some sort of competition between them, he wanted to crush the Angeleno for how he had made him feel these past couple of days. He wanted everyone to know that he was better than his fellow new kid, and that he wasn't affected by the boy's progression into a relationship.