3 | Hawkins High

CHAPTER THREE
Hawkins High

CHAPTER THREEHawkins High

THE MORNING SUN SHOWN THROUGH THE THIN BLINDS OF THE ROOM, a groan echoing around the space and doing absolutely nothing to ward off the sun's attack.

"I swear the sun rises earlier here..." Checking his alarm, CJ bolts out of bed noticing that he had half an hour before school starts. He looks to the other side of his bed, his bags left unpacked. "Shit!"

Quickly unzipping the duffel and pulling out some ripped black jeans and a random band shirt that didn't smell like week old pizza, he rushed into the kitchen, attempting to dress himself as he ran, mid brushing his teeth. Throwing his toothbrush in the sink and throwing on some tattered black vans, washing the minty taste down with some flat coke, grimacing at the mix of flavours. Not a smart decision on his behalf. CJ grabbed his favourite leather jacket and bike helmet, rushing out the door. Locking it haphazardly, figuring that no one would rob him seeing as he has nothing good to rob. He jumped onto the flame patterned bike and was about to set off when he heard a frustrated yell.

"Fucking- fuck!"

The yelling causes CJ to halt. Looking across the small opening between trailers, seeing the same boy from yesterday attempting to start that hunk of junk van. He gets out after failing and kicks the wheel. Chucking a bag on the floor and punching the wooden post of his porch. His outburst caused the blonde to chuckle. Nothing like the nervous wreck of yesterday, huh?

Noticing the denim and leather jacket clad in patches, the young biker figures this would be a good chance to make a like-minded friend. And maybe amend for the teasing yesterday. Or maybe not.

"Hey, puppy-boy!"

The long-haired teen looks over at the helmet clad boy, seeing a small wave was signalling him over. He huffs out at the nickname, not liking the way it made him feel all embarrassed and giddy at the same time. His cheeks flushed at the thought, swirling a lock of hair as he considered entertaining the blonde, he would probably just tease him a bunch more. He eventually gave in, looking up to the smile that he was met with and melting a little bit. Goddamn this boy's pretty.

"You at Hawkins High?"

"Er... yeah." He nods, dragging his bag on the floor as he walks over, a chain rattling from his waist. He stopped for a moment, looking at the boy who waited for him. "You never told me your name yesterday."

"Huh? Oh, it's CJ Rhodes. So Eds, I can give you a lift if you'd like, starting there myself today." Eddie looks to the back of the bike, then to CJ sitting upon it. It was obvious to anyone that he was a little nervous, not too keen on the no-seatbelts or easy chance of falling off. CJ rolled his blue eyes, locking them with Eddie's doe like orbs for a moment, thinking over what he was about to suggest in his head before he nodded to the back of the bike. "There's a spare helmet in the back."