5 | CJ is still an arsehole

CHAPTER FIVE
CJ is still an arsehole

CHAPTER FIVECJ is still an arsehole

A FEW DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE CJ STARTED AT HAWKINS, Billy and himself had become fast friends, their reliance on each other for classes aided that greatly though. The pair had begun spending the entire school day together, Billy bringing the punk boy into the popular circles. The popular kids were sceptical of him at first, being friends with Eddie Munson would do that, but the blonde didn't care, he was only there for Billy.

The way the pair acted inseparable went unnoticed by most, but one. He saw the way the two glanced at each other when no one was looking, or the way CJ would always be touching the other boy in some deceptively friendly way. It was especially noticeable since anyone else who tried to touch the sandy haired boy would have their face beat in, being declared some kind of slur. It was interesting to see their relationship develop, or at least that's what the Munson boy thought, trying desperately to pass this feeling in his chest as confusion over the pair, and not the crush he knew it to be. Munson sighed, twirling a lock of his hair tightly in his fingers as he turned his attention back to his own group of friends.

"You okay, man?" Gareth asked, having noticed how the boy would stare at the basketball team's table over the past couple of lunches. Eddie met his long-time friend's eyes, plastering a smile on his face as he nodded.

"'Course." He laughed, and though no one knew what was funny, they joined in regardless. He looked back over to the other table, seeing the white-haired boy, how he was laughing so vibrantly. He punched Billy lightly in the shoulder, and to most everyone's surprise, the school bully only laughed and shoved him back. The pair end up shoving each other off the table.

"So... you like him?" The voice of Gareth only vaguely entered the dark-haired teen's mind, his dopey smile, longing expression, he absently nodded to what the other said. Gareth smiled looking towards the table and back to his friend, he had always just kind of known about Eddie, it was never something they needed to discuss, it was never an issue. "So, Billy, huh? I guess I can see it."

"Wha- what?" Eddie jolted up, having only just processed the other's words. He scrunched his nose as he looked back to the brutish boy, then back to Gareth. "No! What makes you think I like him? And what d'ya mean you see it?" The dungeon master was a little outraged by the insinuation, scoffing as if it was below him.

Gareth only laughs, shaking his curly head of hair. "He's the only one I've seen you hang around."

"Yeah! For weed!" Eddie pushed his hands in front of himself, gesturing back and forth, imitating what would be a deal.

"Well, you two have similar music tastes, and habits as well... just seems like you would get along."

"He's an arsehole!" Eddie crossed his arms over his chest, sitting back in his seat with a huff.