14 | Comfort

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
Comfort

CHAPTER FOURTEENComfort

THE BLONDE BOY SAT IN HIS SMALL LIVING ROOM LATER THAT EVENING, exhausted from the day he had. Eddie had stayed a bit after he dropped off Leslie, and after spilling his guts about how he was worried that Wayne was overworking himself, CJ had helped the boy cook a meal so that he could deliver it to his work, and the two of them could eat together for once. This left the blonde boy with an empty kitchen and an empty house. He decided to treat himself to a pizza for his good deeds, and was currently waiting on its arrival.

The teen had his acoustic guitar on his lap, admiring the deep wood colour as he played with the strings. He had gotten it out to replace a string or two, and decided to practise some before his food arrived. The strings fell between his fingers like second nature as he plucked out a tune, one he had been working on before he left LA. Before he left everything and everyone behind.

He missed his friends. Having not spoken to the chaotic trio since he left without even a goodbye. How he hadn't spoken to Lyra or Benji since it was suddenly revealed to them that he had such supernatural abilities. The more he thought about it, the more he wondered whether he would tell anyone here, whether anyone could be trusted, especially in a religious environment such as Hawkins.

A heavy handed knocking alerted the blonde from his thoughts, putting down the guitar as he grabbed his wallet making his way over to the door.

"Hey, sorry I have mostly change man, I know-" CJ stopped, his eyes meeting those of the male who stood before him, icy orbs clashing with the oceanic blue that defined Billy Hargrove. The boy stood outside, eyes bloodshot and tear filled, although the hardened look told that tears would not easily fall. His hands were clenched in shaking fists at his sides, the dim light faintly illustrating two nasty looking bruises, one outlining his right eye, and another following the curve of his jaw. "...Billy?"

The tanned boy looked down, fiddling with his shaking fingers, a small scowl playing at his face. He hated the way CJ had looked at him at that moment, the surprise mixed with a good dose of pity as he watched those pale eyes check each shiner his dad had given. He didn't want to speak, he didn't want to be here now that he was, he didn't even know why he was here, his mind had just blanked when he was driving and he had ended up here. It was stupid, so stupid. He had been here probably once since he became friends with CJ, and that was more so to get weed from Eddie next door. Rhodes probably thought of him as some sort of stalker now.

The blonde boy stepped aside, allowing space for Billy to pass, though he did no such thing, instead choosing to remain, hardened glare to the floor. CJ gestured his arm, attempting to capture the other's attention, only to fail. Quickly impatient, and with a small sigh through his nose, he let out a small command to the shorter boy. "In."

As if it had triggered movement, Billy finally stepped into the trailer, CJ closing the door behind him. The bruised boy didn't sit down, he didn't even lift his gaze from the floor.