17 | A little bit of Angel Dust

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
A little bit of Angel Dust

CHAPTER SEVENTEENA little bit of Angel Dust

IT HAD BEEN A LONG DAY FOR MUNSON, and he was eager to take the edge off. With Wayne once again out at work, he had the trailer to himself, and he planned to take full advantage.

With his eyes a little dry from the weed, his vision wavering ever so slightly, he racked up a line on the rolling tray he had got a few years back. It was a black one that had 'Black Sabbath' in purple writing, except that each 'a' was replaced by weed leaves. He lined a rolled dollar to his nose, preparing himself for the sensation, though the sounds of banging and yelling stopped him in his tracks.

It was close by. Probably one of his neighbours. Though even in his wacked out mind, he grew a little cautious, knowing that his closest neighbour was the unsupervised teen that had moved here a few months prior. When the sounds reached his trailer for a second time, he went to the door, poking his head out and peering across the way.

His eyes took a minute to adjust to the afternoon light, a stark comparison to the dimly lit table lamp that sat in the corner of his living room. Though when his chocolatey eyes did find the focus they required, he found himself staring at a frustrated, and somewhat desperate, Billy Hargrove. The boy didn't look angry, or not to the extent that he normally did. It might have been the weed playing tricks on him, be he could've sworn he saw a look of fear on his face as Billy ran a brisk hand through his curls.

"Hey!" Eddie called out before he could stop himself. He would've liked to think that the two of them were friends, but he was highly aware that CJ may well be the only reason for that. "He's not in."

For a moment, it looked like the Hargrove boy was trying to compose himself, straightening his denim jacket, before walking across the grassy gap between the two trailers.

"Do you know where he is?" The voice he was met with was uncharacteristically quiet, but once again, that could've just been the weed.

"Not sure... you're welcome to come in and wait though?" His hair was tied out of his face, with two tendrils hanging in front of his ears, his body leaning in a way that allowed his hand to gesture to the open door. Billy found himself staring for a minute, at the way his pulled back hair made his face look more mature, more structured. The way he was leaning, combined with the tank top, gave Hargrove a good view of his almost sharp looking collarbones. He couldn't deny that Munson was attractive, especially like this, especially when he was doped out enough that his smile and eyes didn't scream crazy, but more so a collective coolness that he found put him in a state of ease.

He found himself nodding, taking a step forwards towards the taller boy. He knew Eddie wouldn't notice the staring, the stench of weed and the redness of his eyes giving him away.

The pair walked into the darkened room, the door shutting behind them. The smell of weed was much stronger here, and as his eyes adjusted they locked onto the tray that had been left on the couch, and more specifically, the white substance that sat on it. Although he lived in California, and stuff like it had always been around him at parties and what not, he found himself tensing in its presence, never actually having partook in hard drugs himself. It made him a little nervous of the brunette behind him.