11 | Promise

CHAPTER ELEVEN
Promise

CHAPTER ELEVENPromise

"BILLY! WAIT-!"

CJ Rhodes quickly got up from their intimate position, looking between the now closed door and the girl sat next to him on the bed. He didn't want to abandon her, especially after something so emotional, but the look on the Hargrove boy's face, he knew he had neglected their friendship for far too long.

"Go get him, lover boy!" Leslie yells with a laugh, grabbing fistfuls of his shirt and pushing him up off the bed. The boy sent a rushed smile to her, choosing not to comment on the nickname, nor the look on the girl's face. "Go!"

The blonde male sent her one last look, before bolting to the door. Making his way through the crowd was difficult, he could no longer see the mop of sandy blonde hair, and he didn't know where the boy would go. He turned quickly, going to check in the kitchen, only to have a body run into his. A snarl painted his face, not in the mood to deal with anyone besides the boy he was looking for. Looking down at the abundance of hair he walked into, he was met with the soft doe eyed face of Eddie Munson.

"Eds?" A smile found its way to the Rhodes boy's face as he placed a hand on either one of Munson's shoulders. Though the DnD nerd did not match his enthusiasm, nor did he meet his crystalline blue eyes.

"What d'ya want CJ?" His voice was flat, void of its usual cheerful tone.

"Woah, what's up with you man?" The blonde boy instantly changed tone, focusing on the boy in front of him for the first time in weeks. Eddie had been talking to Billy more in between drug deals, and he couldn't help but take the boy's advice in that moment, not because he hated CJ or anything, but because he was just so sick of feeling ignored and used by a guy he had been catching feelings for. He didn't want to feel like that, he wanted to feel powerful, and unbothered by the blonde. So in that moment, anger is what he turned to.

"You. You're 'what's up', man. You ditch me and ignore me, and now you stand there acting like you didn't." His chocolatey eyes were harsh as stone, a look of anger that normally missed the boy's face entirely, but as of right now, Rhodes could tell he was serious. "Face it, I'm just a weed dispenser to you." The metalhead had lowered his voice this time, his tone sounding sadder, he still refused to meet the blonde's eyes, moving quickly to walk past him as he felt the bridge of his nose tingle. He didn't want to cry in front of an audience.

"Eddie! Wait- goddamn!" CJ's hands were in his hair by now, pulling at strands, everything was happening too fast for him, blowing up so quickly in his face that he didn't have a chance to duck for cover. He spun on his heels, looking around the now overbearingly crowded room. Eddie had moved onto another deal, making a point to ignore the blonde. Billy was nowhere to be seen.

The Angeleno rushed out the front door, ringed hands finding and gripping the railing like a lifeline. He ruggedly caught his breath, his throat feeling small as his mind was running a mile-a-minute. Shakily, he pulled a pack of Marlboros from his pocket, slotting one between his lips and lighting it, taking a careful breath in. He cursed himself mentally for being so weak, he built a reputation of being above other people's judgements of him, but yet here he was, having a fit over one boy's words.