*¬*Chapter Five*¬*

He's beautiful. I can't stop myself from thinking it. Seeing him appear from the shadows, the light of the fire cascading along his skin and shadowing his figure in luxuriously delicious ways. I've never looked at a male like this and felt such wanting. He skin looks even more golden in this light, the muscles that clench and ripple everytime he moves or talks, the scars that now seem fluorescent. Kazimir is standing before me, his back tense from my touches. My breath is kissing his skin, the heat from the fire makes me feel dizzy, "What happened to you?" I whisper as I trail my finger along a particularly harsh looking scar along his left shoulder blade.

"Battle. Years of battle and healing, it's not easy being a High Lord." I laugh softly, humming my agreement. Thinking back to his question about why I hate him, I press myself a little closer, baffled at the effect he has on me and whisper, "I don't hate you. In fact I'm beginning to think that maybe you're misunderstood. That maybe, just maybe, you're not as evil as the world portrays you to be."

Kazimir shifts, his body turning around and I see that the scars from his back trail to his front as well. Hard muscle that's been chiseled by pain and greed. When I meet his eyes, the hue of the fire makes his eyes look dark, like cooling melted gold.

"What?" he rasps, his deep voice going even deeper that is sends my stomach into knots.

"I think you're misunderstood and that maybe, you're not as evil as the world likes to believe." For a moment I think he's going to say something else, to agree with me; but then he takes a step back and the spell is broken.

Kazimir clears his throat and averts his eyes, turning back into the cold and indifferent High Lord I met days ago.

"Do you want the bed or the couch?" His change in attitude is suddenly and dizzying, "Bed, if that's ok?" He nods and goes to grab a pillow and blanket from the bed.

I stand there for a moment, confused because I'm not in my pjs and I need to brush my teeth but the thought of walking to my room, when it's a struggle to stand makes me want to scream.

"What's the matter Miss Alinac?" So we're back to formalites then... god he's so confusing.

"I don't have any pjs and I need to brush my teeth." Kazimir smirks then strides for his closet. I can't help myself but watch him. The strength in his body, the long strides. How round his bum looks in those pants. "You can wear one of my shirts, if you want." He's holding a black t-shirt in his hands. Better than nothing I guess.

"Thanks." I take the shirt then slowly make my way, to what I assume is his private bathroom in the corner of the room. Upon entering it, I relieve myself, wash my hands and use my finger to brush my teeth.

Slipping his shirt on, it falls to mid thigh, god he's tall, I look at myself in the mirror and see the horridness of my face. No wonder his attitude changes all the time, I'd be uncomfortable looking at me too. Too tired to care about my appearance right now, I slowly slip from the bathroom and make my way to the bed. Kazimir is already sitting on the couch, his back to me and stoking the fire. Trying to let is simmer down before we sleep.

Groaning as I sit on the bed I sigh, "God I feel ancient." His dark rumble of laughter ripples to me from across the room and it makes me smile. He has a beautiful laugh. I turn to look at the comforter and grunt, not having the strength to pull it back, so instead I flop over on top of it and sigh. His blanket is soft, and his pillow smells good; like sandalwood and jasmine. Inhaling the smell, I close my eyes and hold the aroma in my nose, letting it settle over me.

It's a lovely scent.

Resting on my side, I stare at his back, his profile is cast in shadows but it doesn't hide the fact that he's tall and well-built. Kaz is just sitting there, staring at the dying fire.