*¬*Chapter Thirty Seven*¬*

One moment. That's all it takes for everything to change. One second in time where you lose focus and now your insides are being torn from your body. Gasping, I'm suspended in midair as Curseclaw has his talons embedded into my stomach. My internal organs are being squeezed between his fingers.

"Such a shame that I have to kill you this way. It will be a slow death Thea, because I have use of you still." If I could speak I would, but words are not found at this moment.

Curseclaw brings me closer to his face, his red eyes staring into my soul.

"I think I'm going to use you still. Your power, your magic; it's nothing I've ever seen before and combined with mine; we are unstoppable."

I'm trying to find a way to get out of this, without ripping my intestines out; but there doesn't seem to be any kind of functional way to do that. All round us people are dying, war is raging and there isn't a damned thing I can do to help. To stop it.

Use me. The Crown whispers to me. It's lilting voice enters my mind as I meet the Blood Demon's eyes.

Use me, Warrior Blood. Use me and save them all. You are stronger than you know.

But I don't know how to do that. I don't understand how to activate the powers of the Crown and how to do it safely.

I'm still flailing my legs when Curseclaw purrs at me, "How that pendant around your neck sings to me. The holy and unholiness of it is exquisite. Oh Althea... you will be the perfect vessel for me."

I blink. This is not happening. Not again. I am not becoming another body that this vile creature can inhabit just for some sick twisted fun. Fuck that!

Snarling I spit in his face, "You'll have to kill me before I let you inhabit my body again."

He smirks, "I can't kill you. If you die then you are useless to me."

"Sucks to be you then doesn't it?" I ask. He frowns at me, unsure what I mean. Before he can ponder what I mean, I'm pushing myself off from his hold. His fingers sliding along my muscles and bones, tearing my intestines as I fall backwards. My flesh ripping open from the sudden movement.

His eyes widen as he releases me, trying to save some of the damage but I've already torn his claws from me. A bellow ripping from deep within my core as pain lances through me.

Sacrifice. That is what the voice told me. I must sacrifice something in order to save this world. So I chose myself.

I sacrifice myself.