*¬*Chapter Twenty Three*¬*

Yellow sunlight pierces into our skin, coating it in sweat and colouring it. After leaving Lord Anil stunned in his large sitting room, I was escorted back downstairs to my awaiting friends and there I told them everything. While Kaz was immediately weary of me showing my magic, he was happy to hear that our request was granted.

After that, we left the palace and began the trek into the forested grove within the depths of the wind kingdom.

We've been walking for hours, the sun beating down on us and making our skin glitter with sweat. "Do you know where we're going?" Raven asks, her purple hair sticking to her neck and face.

I blink. I think so? But I can't tell them that I don't have a clue where we're going because I don't know where to look.

"Yes." My voice comes out even but the lie tastes like ash on my tongue. The grove is large and encompassing, large trees towering over us, with grassy paths and animals skittering along the trails. The wind here is still, making the heat oppressive and sticky.

Ryder, Fin and Fawn all keep quiet though I can see it on their faces, they know that I haven't a clue where to go. Kaz is quiet too. His face stern and pensive. Turning back toward the path before us, I pause when I see the fork ahead. Two paths, one right choice.

How can I possibly know which one to make? Myra, now would be a great time to help me. But she's quiet. I haven't heard her since the incident. The others come to a halt with me, each gauging the paths ahead, then I can feel them all turn to look at me; several sets of eyes boring into my temples.

Sweat drips down my neck. I can't stand the pressure.

"Which way Althea?" Fin asks, his voice soft but stern. I keep staring at the two paths, hoping that something will guide me towards the right choice, but nothing happens. Nothing tells me which way to go. It's quiet.

Great, they're going to think I'm incompetent. Frustrated I close my eyes for a second, trying to calm my racing heart.

Inhale, exhale.

Left. I have to go left. It hits me like a thunderclap. The sudden tugging in my gut that wants to pull me to the left appears out of nowhere. My frustration was clouding it, so was the heat.

"Left." I say, "We need to go left." No one questions me, they simply move forward and head down the path to the left. Kaz stops beside me and murmurs, "Are you sure?"

I swallow, "Yes. I don't know what it is, but something is calling me in that direction. I didn't feel anything before but once I quieted my frustrations, it was there. Like a bolt of light in a storm; guiding me home. We have to go left."

He nods, places a gentle kiss to my head then walks forward. Following I let out a sigh hoping that this isn't a useless mission and that we are able to get to the crown before Augustus can.

"Kaz?" I whisper. He pauses and glances over his shoulder at me, "What is it?"

"Do... do you think we can do it? That I can do it?" He doesn't need me to clarify what I mean, he knows. Giving me a gentle smile he turns and wraps his arms around me. Holding me for a few moments before pulling away and brushing some hair out of my face.

"I don't think we can." He says. My heart suddenly dropping and skin tingling with nerves. "I know we can." He finishes. I let out a relieved sigh and smile gently at him.

"You really think so?"

"Yes, Thea. I really do. Now come on, enough chit chat we have a crown to find." Feeling better and less insecure about myself, I march forward following the people I am slowly learning to call family.